Which pier in San Juan?

MiaS13

Which Pier does Celebrity use to dock in San Juan?

For cruises that start and end in San Juan they use the Pan American

Pier. For cruises that have San Juan as a "port day" they use the Pier

in Old San Juan.

Is the pier in downtown/Old SJ in walking distance to the business/main area of OLD SJ?

Yes, it is. Very walkable.....right across the street:), shops, hotels,

restaurants, the fort, etc...

There is a free tourist board trolley bus to both forts (San Cristobal and El Morro) and back that you catch at the stop on J.A. Corretjer St. beside the bus station which is across the road (La Marina St.) from cruise ship pier 4 in OSJ. There is a bar/beverage store with outside tables that faces the trolley stop so you can have a cold beer or other drink while waiting for the trolley. There is also a second tourist board trolley bus that stops there that only goes as far as Plaza de Armas and the City Hall (2/3 way to El Morro). If uncertain which trolley it is just asked the driver which route is that trolley doing.

Yes, it is. Very walkable.....right across the street:), shops, hotels,

restaurants, the fort, etc...

You're right that it's walkable, but you better be below the age of around 50 and have pretty sturdy legs. Senior citizens will have a tough time going up that STEEP hill to the shopping area. :eek: Much better off to get the shuttle. :rolleyes:

Good luck getting a seat on the trolley. We walked up to the first Fort and as each Trolley came by it was packed. No seats. So get it early near the pier.

Yes, it is better to get the trolley near the pier as most passengers get off there. You walked to the nearest fort, San Cristobal, whereas most tourist take the trolley all the way to further fort, El Morro and get off there. This makes that location as better place to catch the trolley back and it is not a terrible long walk from San Cristobal since the street is fairly level between the two. In fact with the amount of vehicle traffic on the road between the two forts it is probably much faster to walk between them. Also considering that the walk to either fort is uphill, it is much easier to return on foot from either to the cruise pier area since it is downhill most of the way and you can hit the shopping area on the way down.

You're right that it's walkable, but you better be below the age of around 50 and have pretty sturdy legs. Senior citizens will have a tough time going up that STEEP hill to the shopping area. :eek: Much better off to get the shuttle. :rolleyes:

Hi,:) I was just saying where the downtown area is located. It is across

from the pier. I never said it was an easy walk up the hills:eek:...actually

I know Sr Citizens in very good shape although I am not one of them.

I was just trying to say where the downtown area is located.

I am over 60 and have a bad knee. I found the walk to San Cristobal pretty easy. It's not that steep of a hill. Once inside the Fort though they have some pretty steep ramps to go up to the top areas.

Here is a photo in town (from near San Cristobal) looking down the street back towards the pier. Not too steep in my opinion.

DSCF0185.jpg.35cc141186d89ffb174beeeb804624dd.jpg

Was ther last year. Got of ship walked a few feet there were people withe large vans taking you on a tour of all San Juan think it was like 5 bucks a piece. The driver gave a guided tour and dropped you off at different spots. We got off at Fort, could go shopping or back to ship. Lasted about an hour

For our stop in San Juan on the Eclipse we docked at Pier 4. Right downtown.

So, was everyone who cruised on a ship that was stopping in SJ (not starting/ending) docked in Pier 4?

I'm just trying to map out my walking tour :D

So, was everyone who cruised on a ship that was stopping in SJ (not starting/ending) docked in Pier 4?

I'm just trying to map out my walking tour :D

Hi,:) yes....when the ship stops in San Juan as a "port day" it is

in Old San Juan:)

There are two cruise piers in OSJ, 1 and 4. Pier 2 is used by the ferry Catano and I don't know what happen as there isn't a pier 3. Both 1 and 4 are within a 1/4 mile of each other on San Juan harbor front.

SanJuan03a.jpg

For cruises that start and end in San Juan they use the Pan American

Pier. For cruises that have San Juan as a "port day" they use the Pier

in Old San Juan.

The link below is for a slightly wider view map that shows the locations of the Old San Juan Piers and the Pan American Pier.

http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

Archived