Back to Back Cruise Questions

If I were to book a back to back cruise (Vision of the Seas in May, 2011, out of Denmark, back to Denmark) in different staterooms, how does it work on the turnaround day? Do I have to get off of the ship and re-board? Where does my luggage go? Any suggestions or helpful ideas??

I have done a couple b2bs. The drill seems to vary from port to port and how they handle the immigration. Some stay on the ship and even have a special lunch and others have to leave, wait till the ship is cleared and then will be the first to board.

If you do not have the same cabin, your cabin attendant will move everything for you, hangers and all. Enjoy the b2b

If you book a B2B, make sure you can book the same cabin for both legs.

That's the whole beauty of B2B's! When everyone else is sad and having to pack to leave, you get to relax and enjoy your evening. If I couldn't book the same cabin, I would reschedule for when I COULD have the same cabin or not book the B2B at all.

Just my 2 cents.;)

Hope This Helps.

We did one btob and I agree with the previous reply. It was a pain to move to another room. We wanted to see the port and got off after our steward promised he would move everything. Guess what? He didn't. We got our friend to help us find our things and had to do the move. If you have to change rooms I would stay on board until I saw that my things were moved.

We've been on several b2b cruises, and twice got upgraded on the second leg. It's not a big deal to move.

You pack your personal belongings in a suitcase. We just place them all in a single suitcase; not really "packing". Then, you leave the suitcase and all your other empty luggage out. Your room stewards (old and new ones) move all the clothes and bags. When you get back to your room, you just unpack the suitcase with your personal belongings.

They will have a meeting or lunch for the consecutive cruisers, and will give you instructions about the turnaround day. It all is usually handled with a minimum of fuss, and you can get off the ship anytime after it's cleared.

Be sure to check with security on the dock about what entrance you use to come back onboard, since you don't go through check-in. Usually it's the crew's entrance.

We received a call around 6-ish one night on the second leg of one of our b2b's. They were upgrading us to a JS! We were packed up, showered, dressed for late seating dinner, and at the Customer Service Desk for our new Seapass cards within an hour!

We've done B2B's both ways and, although I'd prefer NOT having to move, I will relocate if necessary to be able to stay on the ship! :D I'll admit it's been much easier since we've condensed our packing to keep it at a carry-on and backpack each.

The turn-around lunch generally only happens when there are 20+ B2B-ers.

The most important thing to remember when booking a b2b (aka consecutive cruise) is do the booking through the b2b desk. You want both cruises linked together. If you are using a TA, then they should work with the b2b desk.

By doing this you will only have to print out the SetSail Pass for the first cruise (because they do ask on the Travel Plans Page if you are a consecutive cruiser) as all information will be transferred from the first cruise to the second one. Each cruise is handled independently of each other. They each will have their own accounts. When the first cruise is over, your SeaPass account will be closed and a new one opened for the second cruise. There is no carryover of any unused OBC from cruise one to cruise two.

It has been our experience that when turnaround day happens in a foreign port you do not have to get off the ship and go through Customs & Immigration at the end of the first cruise as you are considered "in transit" (meaning, you aren't ready to go home yet!:D)

Just keep in mind that each ship and port handles consecutive cruisers differently.

We did a back to back on the Liberty. Changed cabins. I counted the hangers before we moved rooms. The room steward moved our things while we were doing the customs stuff. WOOPS - two hangers were left in the other cabin. Got them with no problem, but I was glad to find them at this time and now when we were ready to get dressed for dinner.

Archived