14 day menus

hermajestylanie

Does anyone have all or most of the menus for a 14 day cruise? Recent ones? We are going to Hawaii on the Golden this month and my husband wants to eat one night in the Crown Grill, but we want to go when we might not like what the MDR is serving (I don't like to miss out on anything I think is good!). I have seen some posted in various reviews, but sometimes it is too hard to tell what day it is and only partial menus are shown. I have also seen that people say to "stay away" from various theme nights like Oriental or Italian, so it would be helpful to know when those nights might be.

Also, what do you recommend from the Crown Grill? Anything on your "must have" list?

Thanks in advance!

You can always ask for the next night's menu when you're at dinner and then make a reservation at the Crown Grill after checking the menu.

FYI, I LOVE Italian night as the table captain prepares pasta right near the tables. It's usually very garlicy and delicious. Food is very subjective so take the reviews with a grain of salt.

I love the shrimp cocktail, the onion soup (I ask for the regular onion soup as opposed to the one with blue cheese) and the petit filet. Everyone likes different things so you'll get a lot of different answers.

When you make your reservation at a specialty restaurant, you can ask what night a certain dinner (i.e. Italian, Oriental, etc.) will be and they'll tell you. So, if you have a specific night you'd like to skip, you can easily do it.

I did try to shoot as many of the dinner menus as possible and then post them in my review. But it really is a pain, at least it was for me. I usually had my camera with me at all times, but we didn't always go check on the menus every day before deciding where to eat. Probably would have been a different matter if we had traditional dining (I so missed it on our last cruise), but often we just headed for the Horizon Court to eat. And even then, I wasn't about to push aside other passengers checking out the menu at the same time.

Plus, we were on the holiday cruise of the Golden, so some of the menus were centered around the holidays, and may not be the same ones offered during other sailings.

So you can go back some pages and find my review and see if you want me to blow up some of my menus (I had set them to a lower number in Webshots, but I can go bigger). Let me which day of the cruise and I'll try to post it.

But I'm guessing that the Crown Grille doesn't get completely booked up, at least not at the start of the cruise. So maybe it's not a major problem asking to check out the next day's menu and seeing if you want to get a reservation for the Grille (maybe the head waiter could help with that).

I did try to shoot as many of the dinner menus as possible and then post them in my review. But it really is a pain' date=' at least it was for me. I usually had my camera with me at all times, but we didn't always go check on the menus every day before deciding where to eat. Probably would have been a different matter if we had traditional dining (I so missed it on our last cruise), but often we just headed for the Horizon Court to eat. And even then, I wasn't about to push aside other passengers checking out the menu at the same time.

Plus, we were on the holiday cruise of the Golden, so some of the menus were centered around the holidays, and may not be the same ones offered during other sailings.

So you can go back some pages and find my review and see if you want me to blow up some of my menus (I had set them to a lower number in Webshots, but I can go bigger). Let me which day of the cruise and I'll try to post it.

But I'm guessing that the Crown Grille doesn't get completely booked up, at least not at the start of the cruise. So maybe it's not a major problem asking to check out the next day's menu and seeing if you want to get a reservation for the Grille (maybe the head waiter could help with that).[/quote']

I did see your pictures and read your review- it was wonderful!! But, I did realize that some menus were probably holiday based. I think I am just going to ask the waiter to view the next night's menu (hopefully they will be cool with that) and then see if we can make a reservation. After all, there are many potential nights to go to the Crown Grill! Mmmmm, just over a week until delicious cruise food!

I am totally camera happy, so I take mine everywhere and plan on going to the MDR every night, so I am going to try to take the menu pictures every night and post them up here.

Thanks everyone!

Question I keep meaning to ask. Does Princess keep the same menu rotation all the time on a given route, or can the exec chef sometimes switch things up a little to keep his kitchen from getting into a rut (or perhaps even based on supply availability).

What I mean is, is day 3 always italian night, or can it occasionally be day 4?

Or is this another one of those areas that may vary according to the ship crew of the moment..

Archived