Hotels in LA For Splendor Cruise

We are cruising on Splendor departing on Mothers Day! WOW! What a great Mothers Day! Anyway - flying in and wonder about good recommendations for hotels????? Flying in day before. Are there shuttles from the airport to hotels and from hotels to the pier???? Trying to figure the best way to go. Thanks!

Los Angeles to the LA Port is about a 45 minute drive on a good day. The Port of LA is not in the City of LA...it is in Long Beach if you are cruising on Carnival. I would take a shuttle from LAX and stay in Long Beach so you are only a few minutes away from the pier. In addition, the Queen Mary is at the pier and they offer pre-cruise packages and early check-in so I would check them out.

We are cruising on Splendor departing on Mothers Day! WOW! What a great Mothers Day! Anyway - flying in and wonder about good recommendations for hotels????? Flying in day before. Are there shuttles from the airport to hotels and from hotels to the pier???? Trying to figure the best way to go. Thanks!

Supper Shuttle from airport to hotel.If you want to stay very near the port you have the Maya hotel, residence inn or the queen mary . The Maya offers free shuttle to the port.They are all within walking distance of the port.

We are staying at the Maya because they offer a great rate for Carnival passengers (free parking for 7 days). Since you are flying in, the rate may be comparable to several other hotels already listed.

Very cool! Thanks everyone! Had no idea it wasn't actually in LA. Hate going to a place I'm unfamilair with and have no idea - this helps a lot!!

@riclip- I was just looking at the Residence Inn. Will also check out the maya & QM.

Any other information that would be useful = please share... :)

We stayed at the Hilton Long Beach for our Splendor cruise last August. They were great. They kept our car for the week and provided a shuttle to the cruise terminal ... the total cost of the overnight room was about the same as what we would have paid just parking at the port. :)

Check to see if they have any cruise specials.

Los Angeles to the LA Port is about a 45 minute drive on a good day. The Port of LA is not in the City of LA...it is in Long Beach if you are cruising on Carnival. I would take a shuttle from LAX and stay in Long Beach so you are only a few minutes away from the pier. In addition, the Queen Mary is at the pier and they offer pre-cruise packages and early check-in so I would check them out.

Just to reword this so no one gets confused:

There are two ports in this area from which cruiseships leave. Carnival is usually the only cruiseline that utilizes the Port of Long Beach, which is in Long Beach, a city in the County of Los Angeles.

Most of the other cruiselines use the Port of Los Angeles, which is in the City of Los Angeles in the community called San Pedro.

You will rarely (if ever) find a free shuttle that will transport you among LAX, a hotel and the ports. As stated, too much distance between the airport and the ports. But I do recommend staying away from hotels in the LAX area (whether you want to sightsee or not), unless you have an early flight the next day.

You may want to do a search on Bruin Steve's threads on this board as he has some great recommendations on Long Beach hotels.

Generally many people will use Supershuttle to get to their hotel from the airport.

We stayed at the Queen Mary just a couple of weeks ago. It is walking distance to the cruise terminal and the hotel will have porters that can take your luggage to the ship's porters. A lovely hotel with a lot of history. I would stay there again.

Archived