Chef's Table on Paradise

Jimmanknows

Hello Everybody!

Just off Carnival's Paradise Baja Mexico sailing of 2/21/11 and I thought I'd give you all a photo show of the Chef's Table.

Here is one of our table photos which we received free.

ChefsTable.jpg

We actually dined in the Library.

So lets start this story from the beginning. I actually did what was said here on the boards with regards to making a reservation. I went on John Hearld's blog and put in my request for 2 for the Chef's Table on the Paradise sailing 2/21/11 about a month before sailing. It took almost 2 weeks before I received an email from the Maitre d' that my reservation was accepted. We received a letter in our cabin I think on Tuesday saying that the Chef's table would be on Thursday night and we were to meet at guest services at 6:30pm.

On Wednesday night dinner, we were treated to a visit by the Head Chef & the Maitre d' to confirm our reservation for the next night. The Chef was very good at enticing us without giving away any secrets to what we were actually going to be eating. I know the rest of our table were bumming that they had not signed up as well.

Sorry folks, I knew I should not have tried doing this at work. I'll have to try again in a little bit later.

We met the Chef at 6:30pm and strolled through the Elation dining room right into the kitchen, where champaign was waiting. After a brief tour the food samples started. The first was Ahi Tuna on a cracker - very good! The second was a Duck Pot Sticker - Awesome.

! The third was a Angus Steak Taco - very good! The forth was an Avocado Cheesecake - very good! Here was the personalized menu:

Menu.jpg

Now for dessert we were getting the chocolate melting cake that a couple of people in our group actually made in the kitchen during our tour. But before they brought that out the Chef prepared a special dessert just for us, I wish I could tell more about it, I do know the white strip was made of coconut

IMGP0014.jpg

I didn't try the melting cake as I was stuffed. There was also wine flowing all night too. This was a great meal and half way through the Chef had to check on both dining rooms to make sure all was good for the other passengers and we were entertained by a magician who was awesome. We concluded our dining experience just after 10:00pm.

Mmmmm ... looks like you had a delicious time! We'll have to check out Chef's Table in August when we're on the Paradise. Thank you for your thorough review (love the picks!) AND thank you a bunch for the recipe for Chocolate Melting Cake!:)

Jimman...

Just off Paradise this last Monday. Loved it too. Chef Russell is also a wonderful teacher too.

The dessert was Choc mousse in a granola cookie crust and there was a little spiral almond cake stuffed with cream.

BTW, I loved the leek and green ape purée served with the sea bass.

Wish we could have gotten to take pix of the appetizers too. I would love someone to ask to have one of each brought to the library and then take a picture to share. By the time I thought of it, people had eaten seconds. All the appetizers were incredible, but the avocado cheesecake present was so different, I loved it.

I am so glad I did this dinner. It was a real highlight.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I only have mine on my iPhone.

Could you perhaps tell me what that dessert on the cover is called?? It looks like chocolate heaven..

That is called 'Chocolate Piece De Resistance'... the recipe is found on page 119 of the cookbook.

The Chef's Table is an amazing experience. We were lucky enough to be among the first to experience it when it was only available on the Carnival Dream and the Ecstasy. It's worth every penny of the $75/person and more...

For the OP... thanks so much. The pictures were lovely and brought back fantastic memories.

:)

Good Evening To One And All. Me and my wife Lisa are Lone Star Cruisin Couple and we are set to have this wonderful experience on The Victory In September as we are sailing out of Barbados on The evening of September 7th and after reading all of this and seeing all the photos I just Can't wait. Yummy. Hey Mach and How are you doing? Mr. Jimmanknows, all I can say is Thank You ever so very much for going to the trouble as to put all of this together for those of us that are getting ready to experience for ourselves. Oh my, there goes My Waist Line. Take Care and have a nice evening. Lisa and Gary, Lone Star Cruisin Couple, Sugar Land, Texas.

Archived