NCCF Charge?

cruzluvers

A few months ago I booked a cruise on Emerald Princess with and online travel agency. When I got my invoice, in addition to the Price Total and Taxes/Fees was something called NCCF for $550. Would this be port charges? I have never seen this before on any cruise I've taken.

A few months ago I booked a cruise on Emerald Princess with and online travel agency. When I got my invoice, in addition to the Price Total and Taxes/Fees was something called NCCF for $550. Would this be port charges? I have never seen this before on any cruise I've taken.
Never heard of it. Legally, in the US, a TA must list separately, and clearly identify, the government fees and port charges, and any other charges. They must inform you, in writing, of any additional charges along with an explanation. If they don't, do not use them as they are breaking the law.

I ran across NCF (Non Commissionable Fee) for the first time when we canceled a cruise recently. NCF was itemized after the total fare and footnoted as being Included in Cruise Fare. NCF is a portion of the Cruise Fare for which TA's don't receive any commission. Cruise lines can apparently include anything they want into the NCF. The NCF was a little over $2 more than the total of the Gov't Taxes & Fees and the Vacation Protection portions of the Total Fare. Rounding by Princess?

NCCF = Non-Commissionable Cruise Fare = Same as port charges

Actually, government taxes are also non-commissionable, as is airfare and transfers. It's just another way to list out the costs, but I don't like things done this way either. I like to see the cruise fare, gov. taxes and the port charges all listed separately.

When you cancel a cruise, for some reason, Princess breaks that down on the copy of the cancellation form.

That is the portion of the cruise fare that travel agents are not paid a commission on and includes port fees. The NCCF is added to the cruise fare and together they make up the total cruise fare, plus tax.

You are right, I am wrong! I just went onto Polar on-line to check. But what I don't understand is why nothing is mentioned on the passenger's copy only the travel agents copy.

Archived