Hotel Suggestions for Night Before Cruise

mongo1973

Just adding my $.02, but I was looking for a good deal on a hotel close to the port with transportation too. We booked the Hyatt north which had free shuttles at the time. Although free, it was not convenient at all. The airport pickup took a really long time due to the airport crowds and too many guests going to the same hotel and not enough space. The shuttle to the port had a signup sheet however our late plane arrival left us with the 1st shuttle or the last one (something like 0930 or 2p). We ended up paying $10 for a cab to the port which was very convenient and quick.

So be advised that you may save a few bucks but it may not be worth the hassle.

Hyatt Place North is right across the street from the Embassy Suites and has a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruiseport. They have a free continental breakfast too. Also about 1/3 the cost of the Embassy Suites.

You can book at valuetrips dot com.

Judy

Great location...right next to small mall w/ grocery, liquor stores & sports bar.

Picked up Hyatt on hotwire (knew it...thanks, betterbidding.com) for $75/nt w/ taxes. EX was $175. Both have hot breakfasts. Hyatt shuttle to port is free; ES charges now. Call cab for only $10.

We were able to secure the Renaissance on 17 street for $99. per night right on their own website for our Sept 25 cruise on Allure. This is a cancellable reservation. At that rate I did not bother with Priceline this time as I usually do.

Have stayed at the Ren quite a few times and love it there. Taxi to the pier will run about $7-9 dollars.

Not sure when you are going but check out the website.

We are sailing on the Allure - 4/10 and booked our pre and post cruise hotel using hotwire.com. Got the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, FL for $112 per night. I used betterbidding.com to help me figure out which hotel was being offered on hotwire. Did my research on hotels.com and tripadvisor to figure out how much I was saving by using hotwire and what the reviews were on this property before I made the purchase. I also did this 5 months ago to make sure we would have a good selection. We are very pleased with our choice and like to start our vacation as soon as we land in FL and enjoy staying at a more "resort" property. Hope this helps.

To answer Libertybelle's question about Bahia Mar just get on tripadvisor(my favorite or hotel.com) and type in the hotel and you will get lots of reviews. Sometimes you will also get advice about avoiding certain restaurants or great advice on a restaurant around where you are staying. Stayed in San Juan before the cruise and read about a restaurant where locales ate called the Latin Star(authentic food and reasonable) handy to our hotel where the food was overpriced. :)

To answer Libertybelle's question about Bahia Mar just get on tripadvisor(my favorite or hotel.com) and type in the hotel and you will get lots of reviews. Sometimes you will also get advice about avoiding certain restaurants or great advice on a restaurant around where you are staying. Stayed in San Juan before the cruise and read about a restaurant where locales ate called the Latin Star(authentic food and reasonable) handy to our hotel where the food was overpriced. :)

Thanks for the info :)

Archived