Conquest and tendering questions

judgemom

Sailing in June out of Galveston going to Grand Cayman. I'm looking at things to do but concerned with the ship time versus GC time....

Never tendered before, so is there a rule of thumb or advice for getting off the ship early and time we should be back at the tender spot? :confused:

Take a number type thing?

Its a short tender, so its not that bad. It will only really be crowded right after they announce that people can get off for about an hour or so. After that it thins out.

I did it twice in less than an hour, went back to the ship to pick up some cash and bought a ring, lol, later wished I hadnt. $350 later I have my sapphire ring.

About every 15 minutes they will send a tender each way. Its not hard to go back to the ship and eat lunch, then I might go back into Grand Cayman by myelf and find a internet cafe and jump online and walk around town. I like to walk more than most people.

this is a good time to have a camera ready and waiting as you move away from the ship and look back at it sitting in the water, hopefully with some interesting sky and clouds.

About every 15 minutes they will send a tender each way. Its not hard to go back to the ship and eat lunch, then I might go back into Grand Cayman by myelf and find a internet cafe and jump online and walk around town. I like to walk more than most people.

this is a good time to have a camera ready and waiting as you move away from the ship and look back at it sitting in the water, hopefully with some interesting sky and clouds.

Hi Firefly, how are you?

Thanks for a quick response. Another question. :) How far is it from the 7 Mile Beach to the port? We plan to hang out at the beach after the stingray city excursion. Not sure about the distance and how to get back to the port from the beach.

Thanks for the information in advance.

There's no rush to grab a tender and get off the ship unless you have an early excursion booked. If that's the case, when everyone gathers in the main lounge for tender assignments just tell any Carnival staff member that you need and early tender and they'll help you out.

The tenders run frequently, every 10 to 15 minutes depending on how fast they fill up, so don't worry about not making the first two or three.

Seven Mile beach is maybe a mile and a half from Georgetown (where you arrive...) but remember, it is a LONG beach! There's a bus service... costs four dollars as I recall that will take you pretty much anywhere along West Bay Road, the road that runs along the beach.

7 Mile is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You'll love it!

:)

Wow hope we have time to go to Seven mile beach after our stingray/snorkel trip.

I had read that we have to go down and get a ticket to tender and that determined when we could leave???

I'll have to find out about ship time and our trip to make sure we don't miss it and we get back in time..:)

Wow hope we have time to go to Seven mile beach after our stingray/snorkel trip.

I had read that we have to go down and get a ticket to tender and that determined when we could leave???

I'll have to find out about ship time and our trip to make sure we don't miss it and we get back in time..:)

Look here http://www.caymanport.com/shipschedules.php and find out when your ship gets in. My ship gets in the same exact time it says on my original itinerary from carnival. It says 7:30 on my original e-mail confirmation from Carnival and it was 7:30 at the port.

Iv never once seen tickets handed out on Carnival. I think when people say this they are just harkening back to some old way, like calling customer service desk the purser's desk.

You just line up pretty much. People sitting in the stairwell. Iv never seen physical tickets handed out.

It's been a long time since tickets were handed out. Let the first ones go, as they may have excursions, and then you can just walk down there with no problem. It's a lovely place, 7 mile beach, and it's where I go now that I have been there a few times.

Peaches

Thanks for all the info....

Is there an area that is prettiest on 7 mile? Asking because we probably won't have much time there but really want to take some pics and just admire the beauty of the trees and water...:)

Thank you everyone for the information. It's very helpful.

I contacted Stingray Sailing and was informed that the excursion will end no later than 12:30. So, we have about 2 hours to hang around at the beach (ship departs at 4:30, but we plan to head back on the ship by 3:30.)

FYI, they will drop you off at the beach rather than take you back to the ship if you like, that should save you some time. They offered to us, but we were heading to Margaritaville to get a Tshirt before heading back to the tender. :)

FYI, they will drop you off at the beach rather than take you back to the ship if you like, that should save you some time. They offered to us, but we were heading to Margaritaville to get a Tshirt before heading back to the tender. :)

We want to go to Margaritaville too...Would we not have enough time in your opinion?

Margaritaville doesnt take much time to stop in for a drink. If you have any time at all, easy peasy.

I went to the one in Cozumel and was surprised at the prices. $10.50 for guacomole ... no chips. chips and hot sauce, about $8.

After returning to the dock, they brought us back to the port area. We walked around (Margaritaville is very close to the dock) for an hour or so and then returned to the ship. There was probably another hour or so that we could have safely explored without risking missing the ship. Maybe spend 30-45 minutes at the beach (since you mainly want to "check it out" I think that is do-able) then return to the port area and go to Margaritaville before heading back to the tender.

I think that you can do it, but it will be a little rushed to get it all in.

Frm what I remember Carnival has always handed out tender tickets. Last yr on the Conquest we had a tender ticket.. When we walked into the theatre (meeting place) we went to the desk and were given a number. We sat down and when your tender ticket number was called then you lined up and they took you to the tender..

I think if you get there as early as you can ,,,you will be ok..

On our recent cruise to GC, as soon as tendering was announced we went to the lounge and were told that there weren't enough people there to need to issue tickets, so just go straight away. This was about 08.00, I believe, when many are still having breakfast. We did our snorkelling before anyone else, walked to a park and back (about 2 miles), had a few cocktails at a local bar and some samples of rum cake, before tendering back for lunch.

The only busy period seemed to be just before we left.

Archived