Tea Time?

Elmo31

Not sure if its always in the dinning room or not...On the Ecstasy its in the Neon Lounge. You are offered a selection of tea's, scones, cakes, tiny sandwhichs....for example see below:

609-1.jpg

There was smoked Salmon also...

608-1.jpg

Chocolate Mousse and a Orange Scone

607-1.jpg

The last couple of Tea Times I've been to on Carnival have all been in lounges (Liberty and Legend). I thought it was funny on the Legend when I asked for cream for my tea and the waiter looked shocked! He asked me wouldn't the hot tea make it curdle!

Tea was served in the upper MDR in January on the Pride. This was great as the pianist played the

grand piano located there. Very nice!

Excellent selection of pastries. They seemed smaller then those in the pictures above. Equally lovely though.

Really a don't miss event. Very relaxed and old fashioned, in a good way.

It is served at about 3:30 p.m. on every sea day. On our last cruise on the Miracle in February, it was served in a corner of the MDR. On other cruises it was served in the piano bar. The food is always very good and you get a selection of teas to choose from. It is not too crowded and is a relaxing time.

I just returned from the Liberty and Tea Time has been on my "To Do" list for several cruises and I am happy to report that I have finally got it "TaDone"

On the Liberty Teas Time was held at 3:30 on Sea Days in the Upper Deck of the Silver Olympian Dining Room - Aft Dining room. I thought it was lovely! I went by myself and was seated at a table for 8 with other people. They were filling the tables along the aft windows first so we had fantastic views. Live Piano music was played as well to make for a very nice atmosphere. I was given a selection of teas to choose from and trays of finger sandwiches were brought around. After the sandwiches out came a cart with a selection of desserts to choose from. The cakes looked like the ones that are served in the Cafe which you pay for although I can't be certain about that.

I've never been to Tea Time but I've always wanted to see what it was like (I seriously doubt my husband would go...he's not exactly the "Tea Time" type lol)

These are great posts. Thanks for the info-I'm definitely going to be looking for Tea Time on our next cruise.

I'm leaving on the Elation in a week, do they offer this on that ship??? does it cost anything extra to attend???

Yes they have tea time on Elation.

Look at the schedule, but it is usually at 3:30 on sea days.

And there is no additional charge for tea.

I just returned from the Liberty and Tea Time has been on my "To Do" list for several cruises and I am happy to report that I have finally got it "TaDone"

On the Liberty Teas Time was held at 3:30 on Sea Days in the Upper Deck of the Silver Olympian Dining Room - Aft Dining room. I thought it was lovely! I went by myself and was seated at a table for 8 with other people. They were filling the tables along the aft windows first so we had fantastic views. Live Piano music was played as well to make for a very nice atmosphere. I was given a selection of teas to choose from and trays of finger sandwiches were brought around. After the sandwiches out came a cart with a selection of desserts to choose from. The cakes looked like the ones that are served in the Cafe which you pay for although I can't be certain about that.

I have always wanted to go to tea time but never did.

I would have to go by myself (not DH thing).

Glad to hear they seat you with others.

I will go on my next cruise next month:D

Honestly I am looking so forward to tea time on the Ecstasy. I just love the thought of a quiet, relaxing time. I am not a fan of the lido deck atmosphere and on my first cruise I avoided it most of my 7 day cruise.

Thanks for all the info about tea time guys - you are awesome!:D

We did Tea Time on the Dream last year! It was really nice - especially as I am a tea drinker! The tea was great and the treats were fabulous!! A nice little change in the day and some "girl" time with my daughter!

2180523640106494298nXUaLJ

2404272340106494298IDrZzACan't wait to do it soon on the Legend!!

Tried to attach a couple pics, but for some reason they are not uploading. I'll try later!

Sounds like something I will do eventually, maybe not this cruise, because it is short and we only have one sea day, but maybe a longer one when it is just DH and I, and not DH and I + 4 friends. However, I don't think DH will go, I'll leave him by the pool and meet some people on my own- sounds great, and yummy!

It is really nice! My DD and I went with my mom last year. You get your own little kettle of hot water and can choose from several types of tea. My daughter even took a few back to our cabin. There were great little sandwhiches, tarts, etc. We were at a table with a woman from England who told us all about "proper tea time" etiquette. It was a great experience :D

Archived