Carnival Pride 3/13/2011 review...never again

Jazmine8

I'm a very picky eater, but I loved the food on our last cruise, on the Elation...I can't imagine the Pride being that far worse!

I gained 10 pounds on the last cruise, and I'm a health nut!!! :D

That is pretty impressive- 10 pound sin 5 days?? I hope it was water weight, because I can't even think about how many excess calories that is- like 30,000 or something? Now I have a goal to beat! :D

Disney across the board goes that extra mile to leave guests with an incredible experience, ofcourse for a little extra $$$:D

Disney 7 night Eastern Nov 2011 2 people inside room, $1,916.54

Carnival 7 night Eastern Nov 2011 2 people inside room, $1,360.90

Carnival Early saver gets that cost down to $1,140.90

I did not see any way to get a better price on Disney.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to do a Disney cruise again if it was truthfully only

a little extra $$$
however the prices I saw were considerably more than what I consider a little extra......

Our very first cruise was on the Big Red Boat.......

Oceanicpic.jpg

PC5.jpg

.... the original Disney cruises so we are not anti-Disney by any means.

thanks for the review and pictures. everyone is entitled to their own opinions. i have been on the pride last year and i am leaving on the pride to bermuda apr 17. i like the pride, and since i am from md the convenience is great.

i always cruise with my wife and kids(5yr, 2yr). i get 2 connecting rooms i need my space. on the pride we get the balcony room connected to the interior room and love it. also with 2 rooms you get 2 bathrooms and 2 tv's. i like to study the deck plans before booking. it seems like every ship has special rooms. the pride with the balcony room connecting to the interior room, and the dream has deluxe ocean view family rooms that are 230sf and have a full bathroom and a second room with a jr tub and sink(great for kids) i will be booking 2 of those rooms for our next cruise.

I almost forgot to add Edgewater Restaraunt. Now if any Maryland readers are here and love seafood this place has the BEST crab cakes ever! No fillers at all and are much larger than those found at Jerry's. It's a small mom and pop kinda place in Edgewater MD but the service, food and staff are great. They also have a very fresh salad bar (try the ranch dressing;))

I am allergic to shellfish... But I am in MD & always interested in non-chain recommendations. (I eat in some, but I don't need a recommendation for a chain.)

I am allergic to shellfish... But I am in MD & always interested in non-chain recommendations. (I eat in some, but I don't need a recommendation for a chain.)

Once you get out of the mall area in Annapolis there are no such thing as "chain" restaurants.

There are places with one or 2 like Adam's Ribs but that's about it.

We just returned from the Pride on Sunday and I've been on the Dream, the Freedom, the Victory and the Destiny. The Pride by far was the smoothest sail we ever experienced. The food was the best I remember from the past ten years. The service was great, the personnel were very friendly. As for the cruise director and assistant, Kirk and Jaime, they were doing their thing okay. I'm not the least bit disappointed that I didn't see them around the ship. Seeing the cruise director in person throughout the day does not make or break my cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - We're sailing the Pride in May and I'm really appreciating your review. I think its important to have a realistic view of things, and besides, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. My 3 year old son will be traveling with us and we'll be going to Animal Kingdom (the first time to any Disney Park for any of us). I saw your offer to give some suggestions about Animal Kingdom and I would love them if you have a moment. Thanks a bunch!

The chocolate sampler was awesome!

We loved that dessert. Lucky for us we found David's early on and enjoyed it several nights. And we had a great food and wine pairing event there. The only thing we did not like was that they offered karaoke in the bar right below the restaurant so it was a bit noisy some nights. Odd venue location for karaoke.

Glad to hear that the restaurant is as good as ever.

We did not mind the food in the MDR but there was a mix up in our reservation. Our paperwork clearly showed their as you wish type of dining. But onboard they had no record of it. And they said it was too full and we could not have that. Since we dislike the traditional type of dining we made our own as you like type of dining via the specialty restaurant.

Some of you are being too harsh on the OP, and I think that is because this is posted on the Carnival thread, and there are lots of carnival-fanatics here (understandably). Ok, so the title was a bit much. But if you READ her review, she isn't being very bad. I think its actually very believable. I can imagine scrambled eggs not being great on a cruise ship- I would have a made to order omelet, I have seen bacon mass produced and not come out all that; the room size prob. was a shock- low and behold she will be shocked again once she sails RCCL; Her food pics and ratings sound very realistic- the spaghetti looks dry, but the shrimp and lobster looks delish.

And most importantly- let her finish the review before you start bashing her! (ie: she must be smokin', glad you are not cruising Carnival again because I wouldn't want to cruise with you etc.- the same drama that you accuse the OP of is the same drama that your response to her is showing) I think her descriptions so far are showing that she was making the most of her cruise, and isn't being disrespectful towards carnival-fanatics...We'll see how the rest of the review goes...

The only thing I'm seeing OP didn't like was the food. 2 people at the same table can get the same thing and it's different. Inspiration has a terrible chef. All the food came out barely tepid. Asked for it hot and the waiter zapped it. Okay for pasta but not lamb chops. Who wants almost cold food?

Archived