buying liquor on conquest

noslen3333

My husband always buys a bottle of liquor on the last day of the cruise to take home. We've always been able to take it to the room to put in our luggage. With Carnival's new policy, will we still be able to do that or will we have to pick it up the morning we leave the ship?

I hope not. I think this is one of dumbest policy changes Carnival has ever done. When they make so many changes they tend to run off customers.

From what I understand, you will have to pick it up the morning you are getting off the ship. Yep, this is pretty stupid. Probably if no one would buy anything from the on-board liquor store, this policy would change pretty quick. I know I won't be buying anything. It's enough of a hassle to get off as it is without adding anything else to the mix.

Doug

Thanks for the info Mach. I hope Carnival makes the smart decision and ends this folly. It can do nothing but make people angry. I long for the old days when cruising was fun and relatively "hassle-free". The rules were truly for your safety and most people could live with that. Now, it seems the bottom line is more make more profit for the cruiselines and provide less fun for the cruisers.

We still love to cruise and will continue but the greatest vacation in the world is not as great as it use to be.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... I thought that applied to alcohol bought ashore. Booze bought onboard was still delivered to your room the night before debarkation and if you bought it after a certain time on the last afternoon, you carry to your room yourself.

Again, I thought the new 'experiment' that everyone is PO'd about is for stuff bought in port?

In fact, someone just posted a Liberty review that states what I understood happened... at least on their cruise.

"They will deliver liquor purchased on the ship the evening of day 6 to your stateroom but not liquor brought in from ports. Also if you purchase liquor on day 6 after 4pm you can carry it right to your stateroom.

Port purchases have to be picked up after 6:30am from the teen club on deck 5 (side note: we got there at 6:15am and they were already handing them out so you can beat the crowd if you go early)."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1383384

Am I wrong?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... I thought that applied to alcohol bought ashore. Booze bought onboard was still delivered to your room the night before debarkation and if you bought it after a certain time on the last afternoon, you carry to your room yourself.

Again, I thought the new 'experiment' that everyone is PO'd about is for stuff bought in port?

In fact, someone just posted a Liberty review that states what I understood happened... at least on their cruise.

"They will deliver liquor purchased on the ship the evening of day 6 to your stateroom but not liquor brought in from ports. Also if you purchase liquor on day 6 after 4pm you can carry it right to your stateroom.

Port purchases have to be picked up after 6:30am from the teen club on deck 5 (side note: we got there at 6:15am and they were already handing them out so you can beat the crowd if you go early)."

Am I wrong?

You're right. Bottom line is that it's a 'mild' way to encourage purchase of liquor on board.

:)

Am I wrong?

You are absolutely correct! DH bought his bottles on the ship and they were delivered to our cabin on the last evening...plenty of time to pack it in our luggage before we went for dinner.:)

I agree with you. People need to stop buying booze on board. I realy would like to see them adopt the policey of RLC and charge a flat fee from the choices they would have. This would keep people from trying to smugle booze on board.

Archived