Finally my DREAM Review w/photos!! Feb 12-19th

Joaljoe

Loving your review! We are going on Magic next summer. We are going on Oasis this summer....curious what beach in St Martin...was it close to shopping and did the water taxi take you there?

Tammy I don't know if anyone answered your question, but to make it that large -- post your pictures to a site like photobucket (signup is free and use of the site is also free) and then you will be able to size and adjust your picture as you want. You then save that modified copy. Next hover over your modified picture in photobucket and a little menu will pop up below the picture. Move your mouse pointer down to the 'IMG code' and left click on the box beside it. That will paste that img code into your clip board. Next go back to cruisecritic site and make your normal post then right click anywhere in your post and paste. That will put a link in your post of where your picture is stored. There are other picture host sites, but I use photobucket so someone else will have to walk you through that procedure. Hope that I did make you more confused and sorry to interupt Joaljoe with her review and great pictures.

Dream2.jpg

2T4me

Thank you, I will try this..I think there is a test forum.. I can try this out on...

Tammy

Yay!! Loved your review! We are booked for the Dream in May to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are also booked for eastern Caribbean. Do you remember which night s are the two elegant nights? I wonder if they are always the same. We wanted to book the steakhouse but didn't want to miss one of the elegant nights in the process.

Great pics and really enjoyed!

This is such a fun review to read! We're going in August and cannot wait!!! We will be going to Disney first too (and you always need a vacation after Disney with all the running you do there:cool:) Sorry it didn't work out for your family. I have a couple questions, how busy are the water slides on sea days? Did you HAVE to take a water taxi in St. Maarten? I remember walking off the ship and turning left at the street for shops and the beach. (is this the polluted beach everyone talks about? With all the ships right there, I would think so) I love St. Maarten, but it's been years since we were there!

BTW, I love all the pics! You have a beautiful family, have fun looking forward to the next cruise you choose!:)

Your review and pictures are fabulous!

We're booked on the Magic for April of 2012 and can't wait.

What are the two lenses you have for your Canon?

Funny, if we do the Magic we were looking at going next April.

The two lenses I have are EFS 55-250mm and EFS 18-55mm.

I have read all six pages of your review so far.. and I AM LOVING IT!

We are going on the DREAM with my three kids in August. And my boys were that age when we started cruising, and my little one (who is also ALLISON!!) is now 6, and getting ready for her 7th cruise!

How was Camp Carnival? How about the lines to get them in the program?

Your pictures are awesome... especially the candid shots at the beach. And Congrats on the Trophies, they are as addicting as cruising!

Catrin

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Camp Carnival was awesome. The only thing my son complained about is that all the video games aren't working. Figures! lol The lines were never bad to drop them off or pick them up because kids come and go all day long at different times. The only time we waited longer was when we were picking up our son at 1am from his party. Everyone was their picking up their kids at the same time.

Loving your review! We are going on Magic next summer. We are going on Oasis this summer....curious what beach in St Martin...was it close to shopping and did the water taxi take you there?

The beach is called Phillibsurg, the shopping is right behind the beach, everything is nice and close. And yes, you can take a water taxi across the water. I know some people have walked it instead but I'm not sure how long of a walk it is.

Yay!! Loved your review! We are booked for the Dream in May to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are also booked for eastern Caribbean. Do you remember which night s are the two elegant nights? I wonder if they are always the same. We wanted to book the steakhouse but didn't want to miss one of the elegant nights in the process.

Great pics and really enjoyed!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed! The elegant nights were Sunday and Thursday. I don't think these ever change.

This is such a fun review to read! We're going in August and cannot wait!!! We will be going to Disney first too (and you always need a vacation after Disney with all the running you do there:cool:) Sorry it didn't work out for your family. I have a couple questions, how busy are the water slides on sea days? Did you HAVE to take a water taxi in St. Maarten? I remember walking off the ship and turning left at the street for shops and the beach. (is this the polluted beach everyone talks about? With all the ships right there, I would think so) I love St. Maarten, but it's been years since we were there!

BTW, I love all the pics! You have a beautiful family, have fun looking forward to the next cruise you choose!

We didn't find the waterslides to be overly busy. We thought it would be busier with the amount of people on board but most of the time we were on within a couple of mins. Waterparks are much worse! LOL Yes, water taxi's are available as soon as you walk of the ship. Like I mentioned above, you can do the walk but not sure how long it takes. I would think at least 20 mins. If the beach is polluted, I never noticed it. Thank you, have an awesome vacation!! :)

So for making you all wait, busy busy weekend!! Thanks for all of your comment, very happy that you're all enjoying it along with the photos! Some of you mentioned you upgraded to a Cove balcony - you made the right choice! I will now try to wrap this up....

Day 6 - Sea Day

Today DD tried to sleep in as long as she could. The boys went downstairs for breaky while I stayed in the room with her. They brought some food back for us so we try to wake up our little party girl. Took a while but she was finally up, I think it was around 10:30am. After breakfast we decided to take them to Camp Carnival so we could pack everything up. It took us around 90 mins, what a waste! lol We picked the kids up and headed for lunch. Today we went to the deli, I don't even remember what we got anymore but we all enjoyed it. Then we spent the next 2-3 hours playing mini golf, water slides and swimming before getting ready for our last dinner.

It was packed today, but we still had fun. I really liked this course.

Lastdays555.jpg

Nothing like playing mini gold and seeing the ocean in the back.

Lastdays556.jpg

Lastdays558.jpg

Lastdays559.jpg

Lastdays560.jpg

The weather was much nicer today. Water was calmer which was great!

Lastdays562.jpg

The Aft pool

Lastdays563.jpg

Are kids allowed in the hot tubs? I didn't think were were without adult supervision....

Lastdays565.jpg

Lastdays566.jpg\

He loved starring at that water .....

Lastdays567.jpg

Walking through the Buffet area - The Gathering

Lastdays568.jpg

Pizzeria! I didn't have any this time around but DH and kids did and hubby said it was good but the Liberty was better.

Lastdays576.jpg

Oh yes, gotta have more ice cream!!! LOL Thought this was our last one but we had one more after breakfast before we left the ship. Who says you can't have ice cream from breakfast? haha

Lastdays577.jpg

Had to get a close up of my fav twist! lol

Lastdays578.jpg

They were not happy to see all the bags packed... okay, okay... this one is posed. I told them to be sad!! haha

Lastdays579.jpg

These are all the seashells they collected in St. Maarten.

Lastdays580.jpg

Time to get ready for dinner...

Lastdays581.jpg

Tonight Camp Carnival had a Goodbye party for the kids at Caliente Club, then they took them back to Camp Carnival where we picked them up. Can't remember the time, around 9pm? They were given gifts which was a nice touch.

Goodbye party at Caliente Club.. this is the only shot I could get. They had a table set up in the enterance where you signed them in and no one else could get in. That made me feel better about leaving them there.

Lastdays589.jpg

Their goodbye gifts. DD won a ribbon as well... doing the Twist!! LOL Seems like we got most of our medals/trophies for the twist.

Lastdays590.jpg

Tonight our DS lost his tooth at Camp. He went to the washroom and it fell down the drain. =( He was VERY upset by this and went looking for his sister. The counsellors were very nice and let him see his sis. She tried her best to make him feel better. When we picked him up, he was still pretty upset. We told him to just write a note to the toothfairy explainging what happened and put it under his pillow.

Lastdays591.jpg

Sis trying to make him feel better. =)

Lastdays592.jpg

Lastdays593.jpg

His note to the toothfairy.

BB349.jpg

And sure enough...the tooth fairy came!! =)

I love all your pictures. I really cant wait now to go next weekend, I can say that now LOL.Our Boys are going to love the pools and water slides. Thank you again.

Take me with you!!! LOL

Have a FANTASTIC trip!! :)

So we now make our way over to the Encore Lounge. We went early to get good seats but it was pretty packed already. We still scored front row though, just got lucky a family was leaving as we showed up. Not a big fan of front row but atleast the kids had no heads in their way this time.

We really enjoyed the Carnival Legends show on the Liberty so were excited to see it. These people did an awesome job!! Ricky Martin was most entertaining!! I wish they would change it up though, I remember the same people being done on the Liberty.

But before the show begins we find out what team colour won for the week.

Blue there it is!!!! Yes, blue wins! I think they have too many decks. LOL

Lastdays595.jpg

Britney Spears

Lastdays596.jpg

Ricky Martin

Lastdays598.jpg

Elivs

Lastdays600.jpg

Frank Sinatra

Lastdays601.jpg

Everyone!!

Lastdays602.jpg

The show was a great way to end our cruise. Sadly to say it was time to head back to our room and get some sleep.

Archived