Finally my DREAM Review w/photos!! Feb 12-19th

Joaljoe

Hi Joaljoe, hope all is well in Barrie. Great review and especially enjoying the pics!! We will be on the inaugural Magic cruise May 1 (37 days :D) so your pics give us a rough idea what to expect onboard. Thanks for taking the time to post and in regards to the snow, I am looking forward to one final trip to the ski hills this weekend before we call an end to winter!!

LOL...nice name! :) I'm so done with the snow, glad we didn't get much yesterday. Happy to hear you're enjoying the review.... please take lots and lots of photos on the Magic. We will be waiting!! haha

In the afternoon, before our nap we went to CC for their Beary Cuddly activity. You get to build a bear or a Freddy. I'm not sure how much the bears were but we paid $10 for Freddy and they got a book with it. Pretty good deal, the Freddy is bigger than the one they were going to pay $13 for downstairs in the store. And they loved stuffing it on their own.

Lastdays527.jpg

Lastdays528.jpg

Lastdays529.jpg

Lastdays530.jpg

Oh wait Mom, before we go for a nap...just one more ice cream. LOL

Lastdays522.jpg

Here are a few of the other room photos I have...

They kept putting the back cushions from the sofa on this window. I wanted the view so I kept taking them off, and they kept putting them back. lol

BB341.jpg

Nap time kids...

BB342.jpg

That cushion is back on the window... there was a 2nd one he'd put on top of that one too.... eventually he left it alone though and just kept putting one back.

BB343.jpg

Do you see my son dropping Freddy? Their pillow would fall through there at night all the time. They'd either wake me up or just sleep without the pillow.

BB344.jpg

Now that we had this nice long nap we were ready for dinner. Tonight was our 2nd elegant night. Because we slept too long, we had no time to take photos before dinner. I was just praying the kids didn't spill anything during dinner on themselves. And they didn't..... BUT, hubby dropped sauce all over his tie. LOL

All dressed up...

Lastdays531.jpg

These were deeelish!! Mine was a Kiss on the Lips, this was my first time trying this and I loved it. DH remembered something raving about it on here a while back so we just had to try it. To the right is my son's virgin strawberry banana daiquiri.

Lastdays532.jpg

We all ate the same thing tonight... Corn Fed Chicken.

Good as always!!

Lastdays533.jpg

CHEERS!! Nazdrowie!! =)

Lastdays534.jpg

Lastdays535.jpg

The chocolate melting cake wasn't as good as we remembered it. It wasn't as runny inside and something was just off. But we still took a photo for all of you. haha

Lastdays536.jpg

Waiters dancing up a storm for us.

Lastdays537.jpg

He was really nice....even though he kept mixing up our names. LOL

And you know what? I now don't even remember his! Ha! ;o)

Lastdays538.jpg

We ended up going home with 3 ship trophies and 3 medals! I forgot to mention how we got the 3rd ship. This morning during the morning show Butch asked people to call in with their favourite jokes. The kids were begging us to call, didn't think we'd get through so we tried to make them happy and Butch answers! Talk about luck!! That evening, we came back to the room for a few mins so DD can change for her party and there was a ship in our mailbox with a note from Butch! Totally made their night!

Lastdays539.jpg

Lastdays540.jpg

Lastdays541.jpg

Okay, Mom and Dad are ready for bed!! LOL But gotta go out so 10 year old daughter can go party....

Lastdays542.jpg

We skipped the show in the Encore Lounge tonight but did go to the Comedy Show which was family friendly with Chas Elstner. We had some great laughs here. Everyone loved him! He makes cool sound effects with his mouth so that was a nice bonus for the kiddies in the crowd.

Had to kill some time before we dropped DD off at 10pm so we just wandered the ship and took them to the arcade for a bit. It turned out to be a nice evening. I'm just glad it didn't rain too much today.

They loved this chair..

Lastdays543.jpg

The aft pool area. That's the Deli on the left hand side there.

Lastdays544.jpg

Very pretty...

Lastdays545.jpg

A few things weren't even working in the arcade and one of the machine's wasn't giving out tokens. But they still had fun with what they had.

Lastdays546.jpg

Almost a win...but no luck!

Lastdays547.jpg

Just a few more of the ship at night. We just dropped our daughter off at Camp Carnival. We went here and there, couldn't decide what to do so we just went back to the room. Put our son to bed while we watched the Game of Love on TV for a bit that we missed during the day. Didn't take us long to fall asleep tonight.

It was around 3:45am when our door opened, our DD came storming in with WAY too much energy!! She had a blast though and I'm glad we let her go. They danced, had a ice cream pizza pig out at 1am, hide and seek in the dark at the Burgundy Lounge and a bunch more fun which I cannot remember. She couldn't fall asleep from all the excitement and just wanted to keep talking. But I will definitely let her do it again next time. =o)

That's it for today folks! Have a great night and see you tomorrow.

One of the hot tubs at the back of the ship.

Lastdays549.jpg

Lastdays550.jpg

Lastdays551.jpg

Lastdays552.jpg

Lastdays553.jpg

Lastdays554.jpg

This is off topic but, how do you get the pictures to show up so big in the post? I have only been on this site for a week or so and I'm just learning how to get around on it. I posted some pictures on one of the other forums but they were not big like yous are...

Thanks,

Tammy

Tammy I don't know if anyone answered your question, but to make it that large -- post your pictures to a site like photobucket (signup is free and use of the site is also free) and then you will be able to size and adjust your picture as you want. You then save that modified copy. Next hover over your modified picture in photobucket and a little menu will pop up below the picture. Move your mouse pointer down to the 'IMG code' and left click on the box beside it. That will paste that img code into your clip board. Next go back to cruisecritic site and make your normal post then right click anywhere in your post and paste. That will put a link in your post of where your picture is stored. There are other picture host sites, but I use photobucket so someone else will have to walk you through that procedure. Hope that I did make you more confused and sorry to interupt Joaljoe with her review and great pictures.

Dream2.jpg

Tammy I don't know if anyone answered your question, but to make it that large -- post your pictures to a site like photobucket (signup is free and use of the site is also free) and then you will be able to size and adjust your picture as you want. You then save that modified copy. Next hover over your modified picture in photobucket and a little menu will pop up below the picture. Move your mouse pointer down to the 'IMG code' and left click on the box beside it. That will paste that img code into your clip board. Next go back to cruisecritic site and make your normal post then right click anywhere in your post and paste. That will put a link in your post of where your picture is stored. There are other picture host sites, but I use photobucket so someone else will have to walk you through that procedure. Hope that I did make you more confused and sorry to interupt Joaljoe with her review and great pictures.

No worries at all... I didn't even know you can resize in photobucket. LOL So thanks for that info. I'm sure my post just confused her, I'm not good with explaining how to do this stuff. It's hard enough for me to do it. :D

your reveiw is really making me wish the time away and for sept to get here quickly....your kids are adorable and look like they had great fun!

They sure did! Thank You! All we can talk about is our next cruise!

We did our taxes today... got more back than we were expecting!! Hmmm.... Magic??? LOL

Maryanne356,

I am sailing on the Dream in August also.. We are leaving on July 30th...When are you sailing?

This a great review I so enjoy reading about everyone's Cruise.

Happy Cruising,

Tammy

We are not sailing until Aug. 13.

Thanks Maryanne and Tammy! I too always love reading about other people's cruises. Gets you excited until the next, also helps the time go by until the next one and you can live through them! haha

Maryanne, how old are your children now? My son brought his camera that he just got for Christmas but was too busy to take photos. I'd remind him here and there but he'd just wave his hand and tell me he'll enjoy mine. lol Too cute...

Hello,

My girls are 20 and 18, they are going on the 20th cruise in August and my son is 16 going on his 19th. I was 5 months pregnant on the girls first cruise and he was 6 months on his first.

I have read all six pages of your review so far.. and I AM LOVING IT!

We are going on the DREAM with my three kids in August. And my boys were that age when we started cruising, and my little one (who is also ALLISON!!) is now 6, and getting ready for her 7th cruise!

How was Camp Carnival? How about the lines to get them in the program?

Your pictures are awesome... especially the candid shots at the beach. And Congrats on the Trophies, they are as addicting as cruising!

Catrin

Just wanted to say how outstanding your review was. Your kids really looked like they enjoyed themselves so much! You know what that means, they will start asking, "When's our next cruise and where are we going". They definitely do get hooked. I'm so glad my kids still enjoy traveling with us. We used to sail every April and sometimes an extra in the summer, but now with 2 in college and having a different week off then us, we have to wait until the summer.

I have read all six pages of your review so far.. and I AM LOVING IT!

We are going on the DREAM with my three kids in August. And my boys were that age when we started cruising, and my little one (who is also ALLISON!!) is now 6, and getting ready for her 7th cruise!

How was Camp Carnival? How about the lines to get them in the program?

Your pictures are awesome... especially the candid shots at the beach. And Congrats on the Trophies, they are as addicting as cruising!

Catrin

What sailing are you on? We are sailing Aug. 13.

I had to stop and comment again on a few things.

We too loved the late night party w/ Butch. It was the first late night party I really loved. It was great how we where spilt into teams and traveled. It is prob my favorite on board memory. We sailed the Spirit this year and it was just not the same w/o the way Butch does it. Even my kids missed it.

Also the Camp late night parties are the best. My kids love them. My oldest is now Circle C but loved them when he was younger. I think some of there favorite memories are from those nights. Sadly I am not part of that memory but still warms my heart to know I was able to help in creating the memory!

Cruises are just way to much fun! Such a perfect way for a family to travel. We are all HOOKED for sure!

Love the review!!!!!!! We are taking our 2 older girls (5 and 4) in August and can't wait. They will love Camp Carnival! So much fun!! We are going on the Valor. 5 months and counting!! Since we booked it over a year ago...it's finally getting her.

I am loving the review! I am happy to read that St. Thomas is your favorite island, especially since it is my home.

We will be doing the Western Caribbean on the Dream on October 15th. I can't wait! We are staying a week at Disney at the Port Orleans Riverside then a week on the Dream. We are also taking our 6 year old daughter with us. She has been cruising since she was 2. This will be her 3rd cruise. She loves cruising!

Thanks for the tip on the Orlando Executive Limosine. I am in the market for transportation to Port Canaveral from WDW. It would be so great if I could surprise DH and DD with a limosine ride.

I am loving the review! I am happy to read that St. Thomas is your favorite island, especially since it is my home.

We will be doing the Western Caribbean on the Dream on October 15th. I can't wait! We are staying a week at Disney at the Port Orleans Riverside then a week on the Dream. We are also taking our 6 year old daughter with us. She has been cruising since she was 2. This will be her 3rd cruise. She loves cruising!

Thanks for the tip on the Orlando Executive Limosine. I am in the market for transportation to Port Canaveral from WDW. It would be so great if I could surprise DH and DD with a limosine ride.

Dedivah we just love your island :). IMHO it is the better of the virgin islands (San Juan, St Martin) in E Caribbean. Now we haven't tried the S. Caribbean yet so until we do St Thomas stays on number 1 for us :) Hope you enjoy your future Disney adventure and DREAM cruise.

I am enjoying your review so much. I am booked on the Dream in Feb 2012. I had an oceanview cabin, but after reading your review I decided to upgrade to a cove balcony. I am now booked in cabin 2325. :D

I love your review, I am now even more excited for our cruise. We will be sailing Dream in July, our first cruise. We will be in a cove balcony too! Thanks for all the pictures and review of the cove balcony rooms, it really supports our decision to choose one. Our DD's will be 9 & 6 during the cruise and all your pictures and review of the kids activities have been GREAT!

Archived