Coral Princess question

onebzyldy

The Patisserie is what the IC used to be before it was an IC. What I mean is, it's just a bar and a seating area, no big display case full of toothsome treats. Rumour has it they put out trays of pastries in the morning but I never checked as I don't care for breakfast pastries. But that's it. However, they have the specialty coffees and, of course, full bar. And a nice, spacious seating area. Hope this helps.

Sad :( We really enjoy the IC + the food was delicious & the ice cream & all the sweets,,,,,ummmmm - I can still taste and see them :p So this other place only has food items in the mornings u say ? We r not big morning ppl, we love getting room service and just lounging, but may have to make a point of going to this area just to check it out one morning :rolleyes: Don't want to miss a thing ! Thanx a bunch :)

Happy Cruising........

DonnaF :D

I'll be honest, at first I did miss the IC on the Coral, but she's such an awesome ship and it was such an awesome itinerary that all that awesomeness more than made up for the IC's absence. I promise you, by day two, you won't even remember there is such a thing at the International Cafe. And the HC had tons of little treats all day and all night (this ship had the best little desserts up there!)!

We did our first cruise on the Island over Christmas and thought we would really miss the IC also. The patisserie does have a tray of pastries in the mornings, but it's nothing compared to the ships with ICs. I don't remember them having the cookies in the afternoon, but those were available at the pool and HC.

Like rdsqrl said, as the cruise went on, we didn't miss the IC as much as we thought we would. We especially like stopping there for a light lunch after a port day, but room service filled that void for us instead. The Coral/Island are such nice ships, it's easy to overlook the lack of an IC. They're so much less crowded, better designed, and have lots of little nooks and crannies the bigger ships don't have. Normally I'm not impressed by Princess' ships (they're all too cookie cutter for me), but I really liked the Island Princess.

Is there an International Cafe on the Coral ? I could not find one, but did see something called *PATISSEIRIE* ~ can someone tell me what that is ? ?

Happy Cruising......

DonnaF :D

The PATISSEIRIE is there but not the International Cafe which is much bigger with lots of variety of foods. This Patisserie is basically a coffee and drink bar. Some cheese and cookie type platter to buy but nothing else. You can get a drip coffee there and of course capaccinos, lattes, etc. Many people sit there with mixed drinks and wines.

Archived