What is your favorite stateroom category and why?

audekat

I love inside staterooms. First because of cost, and second because I sleep really well in the dark...I love it. I am not a balcony fan because I get a little nervous out there, I like being up on deck but the balconies make me nervous for some reason. I am abivilent about ocean view rooms.

For short cruises I'll book an ocean view. For longer cruises I prefer a balcony.

A balcony.

Having only had one we have become obsessed.

Our next cruise was booked specifically for that reason so you can imagine how I felt when the Ecstasy was moved the cruise before ours and we were placed in an ocean view room on the Elation.

A few phone calls and we were moved to a suite, with a balcony!

A few scary moments for me but it all worked out..........

.....so far anyway.

We had a suite on our first and SO CLUELESS cruise, when I think back to how much we paid lol but it was so nice...I love a balcony, midship, unobstructed, if I could always afford that, it would be what I'd book every time. I also get nervous sitting out there, but only at night...I don't exactly know why, I just feel uneasy, otherwise I can sit there and just watch the sea and sky for hours.

Our cruise history is widely varied, too. We've had ocean view, interior and balcony - all midship, upper deck or empress deck. I thought I would like having a balcony, sitting outside reading and watching the ocean. But we had smokers on either side of us. Smoke (of any kind) makes me sneeze and get congested so I didn't get to spend any quality time out there. We've done two ocean view rooms - both unobstructed views, but IMHO it's not worth the extra that you pay.

DH loves the interior rooms - he says he can sleep much better in a dark room. With his job and other obligations he is on the go a majority of the time. When he vacations he looks forward to a nap at some point during the day. On our last cruise, he napped daily on the Serenity deck (on the Dream) in one of the clamshell sofas. Without the wonderful Serenity deck offerings he'd prefer to nap in the room.

We have had balcony cabins, grand suite and captains suite (Liberty.) My favorite is the Captain's Suite - forward facing windows, 2 full baths, lots and lots of room, big balcony (but very visible - no privacy on the balcony.) Next is the Grand Suite - lots of room, big bath and big balcony.

Started with an extended balcony on the Pride,then a wrap on the Liberty, then a Ocean suite onthe Conquest, and in Oct have the 2 room wrap suite on the Spirit . Out of them all I love the wrap as the kiddo has a place to run back and forth .Also having a separate bedroom that closes off from the livingroom is great with a goober in tow.So I'm thinking I'll love that one best...Never had an ocean view or interior or spa thing ...when the goober gets older she will have one of those across from a balcony or suite from us.

Have only been on one cruise so far Feb 2008 on the Truimph.

Booked a balcony guarantee, got premuim balcony 8427.

LOVED it!!!

Will probably always book a balcony, with the price of flights from Calgary, AB to Miami, I just can't fathom spending more for a 8 HOUR flight than a 7 DAY cruise!!!

Looking forward to booking our next one soon!!!

(Hopefully on the Liberty in March 2012)

Happy Cruising!!

Have had all three and i can take or leave a balcony because the the best view and one I prefer is up top.. Even though I enjoyed the balcony briefly here and there I found myself feeling to closed in and not so great of a view. Had ocean view and would do that again. Going with an inside again on next cruise due to having the option of going on two cruises instead of one a year.

Spirit class ships= Category VS (deck 4) aft wrap.

Conquest class ships = Category 9C (deck 6) aft wrap.

Fantasy class ships = Owner's Suite (S1 or S2).

Dream class = ummm... er..... no thanks - THREE times was enough! :eek:

Tom

Archived