What is your favorite stateroom category and why?

audekat

I love inside staterooms. First because of cost, and second because I sleep really well in the dark...I love it. I am not a balcony fan because I get a little nervous out there, I like being up on deck but the balconies make me nervous for some reason. I am abivilent about ocean view rooms.

I prefer the wrap around balcony rooms. Depending on the ship, it may be a suite or a regular balcony room. They are my first choices. If I can't have one of those I want a regular balcony across the aft. No other location will do. I've nevet had an inside cabin and wouldn't consider one now.

I always wanted to sail in one of those family cabins with the huge windows on Spa Deck on the Conquest Class ships. Alas, they've turned them into balcony cabins, I think. Outside cabins on Triumph class and up are excellent values. For me, though, I've usually been in a 1A.

We were upgraded to an Aft Balcony last year on the Dream, and I have to stay, that is my favorite!

All balcony dwellers seemed to form a little community - looking up and down the aft balconies communicating!! it was fun! lol

I love watching the wake as we sail!

Buckrij1 We sailed on the Triumph right before they changed the Spa cabins. We had one of the family cabins with the floor to ceiling windows. It was fantastic. I wish they were still available as it was the safest option with 2 small toddlers, that were always getting into everything. I cannot imagine them in a Bal cabin at that age! They were always looking out the window, little hand prints were everywhere. We even told the steward he did not have to clean them daily but he said he did have to so they we always shining when we re-entered the cabin.

Suites.

I like elbow room. Balcony of course - nice to be able to see the ports etc without having to be on deck or in a public space. Extra room to spread out and relax.

I'm not claustrophobic in the phobia sense... just not a fan of small spaces.

Only been on Fantasy class and inside fits our budget and is fine for me. I don't want to pay more money just for a window without a bigger sq. footage in the cabin itself.

However, if I could afford it, I would LOVE to have a Grand Suite!

I have had regular inside, 1A's, OV and Balcony. For price you cant beat the 1A's....I guess my next preference would be the OV. I really liked having the natural light. I think a balcony is pricey for the most part, but I have been in one and am booked into another on the Triumph....I guess it just depends on how much money I have to spend when I book?

Oceanview, lowest deck mid ship.

Agree 100%!

Definitely 6B's, lowest deck, midship, less rocking, large panoramic window, enough said!

- We HATE insides

- Balconies are OK but we don't use them enough

- The one time we splurged and booked a suite, we considered it a waste of money

So far Ocean Suite, but I'm sure I would love a Grand Suite or a Vista Aft Wrap Suite on the Spirit class too! We do have a little habit going of booking port side as far forward as we can...

Though those are my favorite I think at minimum I definately would need a balcony now...

So far, our Cruise History cabin-wise, looks like this:

Cruise 1: an interior on Deck 2. It was cozy!

Cruise 2: a restricted-view outside cabin on Deck 8(no balcony)

Cruise 3: a clear-view outside cabin on Deck 6(no balcony)

Cruise 4: a freebie Balcony cabin on Deck 6

Cruise 5: a spacious wheelchair-accessible Balcony cabin, right up front on Deck 6

Cruise 6: a clear-view outside cabin on Deck 2

And booked now, to be cruised in the next 3 wks.

a return to an interior cabin :eek: just to see if it's true

that once you do balcony you can never go back. :)

Well only suites for the wife and I . We did put the kids in a inside once and now are giving them a balcony .

When we go on vaction we like to GO ON VACTION so sad to say would do few trips rathert then many in a room I would really not enjoy.

Archived