Past Guest Party Question

skyscanr

Whoa Pa......I don't think the 1 or 2 drinks that she will have will break the bank...we have sailed between us over 18 Carnival cruises and now we have a newbie. They want to get after the people bringing their OWN booze on and having free drinks the entire cruise then I will worry about the 1 or 2 we might get for ZIP.....I didn't say it was LEGAL just that it should be OK....I don't think they would turn down 1 out of 5.....and we surely will ask and not be SNEAKING in.

Last month on the Spirit..as we entered Pharoah's Lounge for the PG Party..the CD was at the door collecting invitations..the couple behind us... tried to "crash the party". They were politely told by the CD "No invitation-no entry". They just smiled and walked away. It's nice to see at least one person ENFORCING the rules.

Also, the lower level of the lounge was PACKED...but we were served at least three drinks each. Servers were extremely generous with drinks.

Why would you feel its ok to add one more? What makes you think you are entitiled to break the rules? It doesnt say its a past guest party plus one does it? Once again people who think rules dont appy to them. And people wonder why carnival does away with things....

For me it's not at all about feeling entitled or wanting to break rules. I have cruised before on Carnival and my boyfriend has not. I sure hope he can go with me. Who wants to split up like that?

Your confusing the past guest party with the farewell party. Carnival does not really promote it and people do not pay attention to the fun time so few people will come and lots of waiters trying to get rid of drinks.

We give them a few bucks and soon we have a table full.

Oh for sure, the farewell party is even LESS well attended. But the last two Past Guest parties we have been to have had...maybe 150-200 people? I'd guess they had at least two seatings. But still, we have always gotten all the drinks we wanted, never had a problem getting sauced. And they usually unloaded more of that stupid little finger foods on us then I ever wanted to eat.

For me it's not at all about feeling entitled or wanting to break rules. I have cruised before on Carnival and my boyfriend has not. I sure hope he can go with me. Who wants to split up like that?

I don't think it's a big deal to want to bring your significant other myself, but I can tell you that they have been much more strict as of late making sure everyone who enters has an invite in their name.

as the name of the event implies it's for 'past guests.' each past guest will have an invitation delivered to his or her cabin with the date, time and location of the party.

some in this thread have said that it's ok to bring someone along who is not a past guest. Just because you get someone in doesn't make it right or correct.

:)

well said

Archived