Past Guest Party Question

skyscanr

Ok maybe not a big deal , but just got off the phone with carnival to make sure they added my wifes and dd's past guest number to the booking .

Its been a few years and if I remember right if the number is not on the booking no invite and with out the invite you can not get in .

Do I remember this right or would they have let the 2 of them in ?

Ok maybe not a big deal , but just got off the phone with carnival to make sure they added my wifes and dd's past guest number to the booking .

Its been a few years and if I remember right if the number is not on the booking no invite and with out the invite you can not get in .

They do check for the invite but you can bring another person in who is with you.

As long as 1 person is listed as a past guest, they will leave the invitation postcard in the room. One year, we were going to the party and my sister in law could not find her postcard, she just walked in with the rest of us.

The past guest party is one of the best parties!!!

you are not allowed to bring any one else in, several have posted about how one spouce was a past guest and one was not, and one had to go alone. However, they may not always be really diligent about checking at the door, they took our invites and let us in, but didn't scan them or check our sign and sail cards. :)

Ok cause I remember when we took some friends on thier 1st cruise they could not attend the past guest party as each person needed to have thhier own invite and it was only good for the persons who name was on it .

So I guess now if we find four new friends we can bring them with us for free drinks

Ok cause I remember when we took some friends on thier 1st cruise they could not attend the past guest party as each person needed to have thhier own invite and it was only good for the persons who name was on it .

So I guess now if we find four new friends we can bring them with us for free drinks

Hate to be a downer, but this is why things get ruined - people bending rules - its for past guests. Don't abuse it or it too will go away.

Hate to be a downer, but this is why things get ruined - people bending rules - its for past guests. Don't abuse it or it too will go away.

It was a joke . Thats all it was and now that all of our past guest #s are in our booking we all should get our own invite but the youngest dd is going ot have to have just some virgin drinks as she will only be 13 on this trip .

I must agree. It's only time we ready get anything for being loyal to Carnival.

I always remind folks to check your Past Guest Number under each name on your Fun Pass.

For some odd reason, a couple of times when the computer fulled up the :saved: info on the Fun Pass...it had an incorrect date of birth for hubby.

I did not catch it until Carnival issued him a new Past Guest Number on the Fun Pass. It was no big deal to get it corrected (just corrected the DOB on the Fun Pass) but I am glad I caught it....

As the name of the event implies it's for 'past guests.' Each past guest will have an invitation delivered to his or her cabin with the date, time and location of the party.

Some in this thread have said that it's OK to bring someone along who is not a past guest. Just because you get someone in doesn't make it right or correct.

:)

The party itself was a complete joke on the Triumph a few weeks ago. Got there early enough to get a seat about midway on the main floor. They had servers like ants serving the hors devours, but the ones bringing drinks were EXTREMELY few. We got served a drink before it started, and never saw another offer. Some people that came in later and sat next to us NEVER got served. There were people walking up to the drink servers trying to get something, and the drink servers were frustrated (understandibly) and would tell the people they had to serve a certain area. The only time that a server did make it to the area I was in after the start was near the end, and made it to about the first 5 people on one row before she was out.

I am not there for a free drunk, and I thought it was pretty funny how mad some of the people were getting, but Carnival better watch it. If that is a norm across the fleet, they may anger some of the past guests and stop getting them. I saw many, many people leaving mad.

If I'm on a cruise, I just don't care about stuff like that, I'm gonna have fun!!!

On a recent cruise all but one of our group of 8 was a past guest...I went down to guest services and asked if we could bring this person with us...I was told it would be fine and they thanked us for asking...so we brought her with us and all had a great time...

If they had said no, then we wouldn't have brought her with. The fact that they were so willing and agreeable made an impression on her and the rest of my group.

Yah, we was allowed to take anyone with us we wanted, like friends or family. But they did check for the inv.

Not sure when the last time you cruised was, but they have been pretty strict on checking everyone who goes in that party the past few times we have sailed...

The party itself was a complete joke on the Triumph a few weeks ago. Got there early enough to get a seat about midway on the main floor. They had servers like ants serving the hors devours, but the ones bringing drinks were EXTREMELY few. We got served a drink before it started, and never saw another offer. Some people that came in later and sat next to us NEVER got served. There were people walking up to the drink servers trying to get something, and the drink servers were frustrated (understandibly) and would tell the people they had to serve a certain area. The only time that a server did make it to the area I was in after the start was near the end, and made it to about the first 5 people on one row before she was out.

I am not there for a free drunk, and I thought it was pretty funny how mad some of the people were getting, but Carnival better watch it. If that is a norm across the fleet, they may anger some of the past guests and stop getting them. I saw many, many people leaving mad.

If I'm on a cruise, I just don't care about stuff like that, I'm gonna have fun!!!

Wow. That's too bad. We have always had the oposite experience, usually the PG party is pretty sparsly attended and the waiters are practically feeding us drinks! This fall everytime I order a drink the guy would bring two:)

I cracked up when I read this...The only reason I go to the past guest party is for the free buzz....Drinks on all the cruise ships are entirely too expensive so when I can get free ones (even if they don't have much alcohol in them) I'm all for it :)

4 out of 5 of us this trip are PAST guests, so I think (HOPE) it will be fine to add one more. Have never gone, is it elegant night and what goes on???

Why would you feel its ok to add one more? What makes you think you are entitiled to break the rules? It doesnt say its a past guest party plus one does it? Once again people who think rules dont appy to them. And people wonder why carnival does away with things....

Does my husband have to be party of the Carnival loayalty program to receive his past guest status? On our online checkin it askes if you are a past guest and we said yes, is that enough?

Kerrie :)

The confirmation should show the past guest numbers on them. If not call and they will look them up for you and add them to the booking.

I cracked up when I read this...The only reason I go to the past guest party is for the free buzz....Drinks on all the cruise ships are entirely too expensive so when I can get free ones (even if they don't have much alcohol in them) I'm all for it :)

Oh, don't worry, I enjoy it too! I just meant that it isn't going to ruin my vacation if I don't get some! I was amazed how many people were really, really mad, threatening to leave Carnival, etc. I just can't see basing everything on not getting enough free booze!

Every other cruise I had taken before this, the service was great, but I had not cruised in about 2 years. I may make a new thread asking if my experience was common or uncommon... Interesting, and hope it isn't a trend!

Not sure when the last time you cruised was, but they have been pretty strict on checking everyone who goes in that party the past few times we have sailed...

I agree - we used to get one invitation with both names on it, so it was easy to bring more guests in. Now each guest is issued a separate invitation and I did see them question people who did not have a card to hand in. The lady ahead of us said she left it in her cabin so they asked her to please go back and get it.

In my experience, forgetting the invitation is not a problem, but no entry in the raffle! Usually they have more than one past guest party on the same afternoon, so it's possible to hide somewhere and then attend the next one, or just walk out and wait with the next crowd and mosey on in.

Drinks seem to be unlimited and it's even possible to order something different. A few dollars to the server will ensure your glass is rarely empty.

Oh, don't worry, I enjoy it too! I just meant that it isn't going to ruin my vacation if I don't get some! I was amazed how many people were really, really mad, threatening to leave Carnival, etc. I just can't see basing everything on not getting enough free booze!

Every other cruise I had taken before this, the service was great, but I had not cruised in about 2 years. I may make a new thread asking if my experience was common or uncommon... Interesting, and hope it isn't a trend!

Gotcha -- No free booze wouldn't make or break my cruise. I cruised on Carnival a way way way long time ago (think it was 1993) and my SO has never cruised on Carnival. To me it would be kind of a bummer to have to go to the party without her so If that is the case and they won't let me bring her then I will miss it altogether

Wow. That's too bad. We have always had the oposite experience, usually the PG party is pretty sparsly attended and the waiters are practically feeding us drinks! This fall everytime I order a drink the guy would bring two:)

Your confusing the past guest party with the farewell party. Carnival does not really promote it and people do not pay attention to the fun time so few people will come and lots of waiters trying to get rid of drinks.

We give them a few bucks and soon we have a table full.

Archived