Wine package vs buying wine on Rhapsody

Wine by the glass is mostly in the $7-9 range.

If you were consuming the same amount, then the package is the cheapest... but it only works out a few dollars cheaper per bottle. Compared again to glasses, bottles are cheaper by a couple of dollars per glass. Thus, the saving isn't great if you wouldn't normally drink a package worth, but if you're going to have that much anyway, there'll be a saving.

Hi

We always buy the wine package, it's a lot cheaper than ordering per bottle and a lot easier than mucking about buying it by the glass.

It's a great way of trying wines that you would not necessarily see in Australia.

Having said that the last time we were on the Rhapsody they had an Australian wine package. You might want to ask about that.

If you don't drink it all they will always keep it for you for next time.

Also I would recommend the wine tastings, they can be quite a laugh.

You will love the Rhapsody, as on all the RCI ships the atrium is just stunning and there seems to be so much room on the ship.

Paul

Not been on Rhapsody before, are we better to buy wine package $143 for 5 wines or buy wine by the glass, just curious how much wine is by the glass please like Sav Blanc from New Zealand?

Yeah go the package. They have an Australian/NZ package which can only be bought on board. But glasses start at around $8..And bottles from memory start at around $30. We got a 10 bottle package, at about $258 i think. We saved a heap thats all i know :)

Yeah go the package. They have an Australian/NZ package which can only be bought on board. But glasses start at around $8..And bottles from memory start at around $30. We got a 10 bottle package, at about $258 i think. We saved a heap thats all i know :)

I've been looking at the wine packages and have read various reports as to their value...or lack of.

Exactly how do they work?

This is the first cruise that we won't be able to take wine on board and we really like to enjoy a glass or two in our cabin in the late afternoon.

Is your package delivered to your room or only available in the dining room.

I've checked our the various packages and I've visited the section about "modifying your package" but our cruise is too far away for me to see how that works. We'd prefer just white wine. Is that possible?

thanks for you help

cheers

STu

Hi

On our cruises on RCI you could purchase either a Gold, Platinum or Diamond package.

There was laso an Australian wines package.

We ordered the bottles at the table, they should already know that you have a wine package, they did with us.

You can then choose wines from the special list that they will give you.

If you get the gold package it gives you access to about half the wines on the list but it is all clearly set out so you will not be embarrassed by ordering wines from the wrong package.

As Cazz069 says it does work out to be heaps cheaper. In fact you will find all the drinks to be cheaper on board compared to P&O. We were paying about $6 for bottles of imported beer, which was cheaper than the pubs around Circular Quay.

I don't know if you can order the wine for your room but I would imagine you could as room service is available all the time.

You can also order from your package from the buffet but we didn't, we like to keep to the "Wine o'clock" rule (usually 5pm)!

You can certainly take the bottle from your table back to your room or wherever.

At the end of the day you could be better off having a glass or two at dinner but you're on holiday!

Hope you enjoy the cruise Stuartm it's a lovely ship.

Paul

Hi

On our cruises on RCI you could purchase either a Gold, Platinum or Diamond package.

There was laso an Australian wines package.

We ordered the bottles at the table, they should already know that you have a wine package, they did with us.

You can then choose wines from the special list that they will give you.

If you get the gold package it gives you access to about half the wines on the list but it is all clearly set out so you will not be embarrassed by ordering wines from the wrong package.

As Cazz069 says it does work out to be heaps cheaper. In fact you will find all the drinks to be cheaper on board compared to P&O. We were paying about $6 for bottles of imported beer, which was cheaper than the pubs around Circular Quay.

I don't know if you can order the wine for your room but I would imagine you could as room service is available all the time.

You can also order from your package from the buffet but we didn't, we like to keep to the "Wine o'clock" rule (usually 5pm)!

You can certainly take the bottle from your table back to your room or wherever.

At the end of the day you could be better off having a glass or two at dinner but you're on holiday!

Hope you enjoy the cruise Stuartm it's a lovely ship.

Paul

Just wondering did you order the wine package online or once onboard?

Thanks!

Just wondering did you order the wine package online or once onboard?

Thanks!

We order online before usually but when we got on board the Rhapsody last time they were offering the Australian wine package and we didn't see it online.

Best thing might be to contact RCI and find out what's best.

Paul

We order online before usually but when we got on board the Rhapsody last time they were offering the Australian wine package and we didn't see it online.

Best thing might be to contact RCI and find out what's best.

Paul

Thanks for that Paul. I will email them as I think DH would be more interested in Australian wines.

Thanks for that Paul. I will email them as I think DH would be more interested in Australian wines.

In actual fact we tried Chilian, French, German, Californian etc. and the ones we liked the best on the list were the 2 or 3 Aussie wines.

Do the wine tasting on board, it can be a laugh if you get with the right group.

The wine waiter we had on the Rhapsody was a ringer for Manuel from Fawlty Towers.

Paul

The way the AU$ is compared to the American$ it should be cheap, when we were on her 2 years ago the ship gave us .64 to the american, .72 in the street, so it wasn't cheap

Already bought american$ for our Radiance trip in October.

stevo

I read somewhere that there is now a $29 a day package for wine and beer anyone know about this? Getting really excited only 5 more sleeps to go before we see Rhapsody of the Seas:D

Royal Caribbean is testing these packages on only three of their ships and unfortunately Rhapsody is not one of them (for now). The link below also includes the pricing structure.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4412

We are hoping RCI adds it before our next cruise.

Have a fabulous vacation.

Thanks for all your help guys, will prob buy wine by the glass on Rhapsody, going on Legend of the Seas in October so will prob get chance to do wine/beer package then, 2 days to go to our cruise yeh!!!

Archived