Mini suite balcony question

NYCRUISR

Princess Newbie Question!

We are thinking of booking a mini suite on Dolphin deck ( D721) on Caribbean Princess. From all the pictures I have seen on cruise critic I can't tell if the balcony is fully exposed to the decks overhead or if there is partial coverage. Anyone have any pictures?

Thanks. John

Dolphin Deck minis are totally exposed, absolutely no cover over the balcony and exposed to those balconies above. If you wish a covered balcony mini suite, category AD on Emerald deck would be your only choice.

Kind of hard to secure one of those Emerald deck mini's but nice back there. Only thing is, quite a bit of vibration from the engines or maybe from the rudders ....pop you right out of bed if you aren't expecting it....but so nice to have the covered balcony!:o

Kind of hard to secure one of those Emerald deck mini's but nice back there. Only thing is, quite a bit of vibration from the engines or maybe from the rudders ....pop you right out of bed if you aren't expecting it....but so nice to have the covered balcony!:o

Hmmmm.... recently spent 30 days in an Emerald deck mini on the Sapphire and never experienced vibrations that popped us outta bed! :eek:

Just off the Emerald and had a Dolphin - deck Mini. We loved this cabin for the size of the interior, LOTS of storage plus the nicely sized balcony with the four chairs with easy access to our BFF's balcony next door. Yes, you can look up and see people in the upper balconies but we didn't feel it intrusive or "close". We were just as visible to those upper decks (and closer to them) when we are in a Carib balcony and are at the rail - which is where I normally spend my time when on the balcony. You are in shade, sun or partial depending on the orientation of the ship (i.e., when heading south, we sat facing the aft on our port-side balcony when having our morning coffee because we were shaded by the balcony wall). The night skies were beautiful from the balcony - at our southern-most point we were treated to a spectacular view of the Great Nebula in Orion which was very visible through the binocs. We wouldn't hesitate to book a Dolphin Mini again. Good luck with your decision!

Archived