Is Summit being kept in good condition?

CruisinCandy

Hello! I would love some feedback from recent Summit cruisers. We were planning on taking a family cruise on the Summit over Thanksgiving, however, I recently read one post that made the ship seem pretty run down and lacking in staff. I am concerned with the updating of the Summit occuring in 2012 the ship won't be kept in good condition. Just looking for thoughts from anyone who has cruised on her recently.

Thanks!

Candy

Sailed on the Summit May 2010. Doing so again 2011. I don't rerun ramshackles.

Summit is a wonderful ship with a great crew. Posters contrary, whom are negative, are mostly populated by the perpetually discontented seeking pristine perfection of which is lacking within the expectations of their own lives.

One recent negative reviewer was scathing about minor details; then I looked at the posters name-- ChaiMateninance (pronounced High Maintenance). Consider the source...

There are far more positive reviews of the Summit than negative. And the negatives are mostly marginal to enjoying a wonderful cruise experience of which the Summit is.

We sailed the Summit 5/2010 and are going back on her again w/ our kids 5/2011. We had a BLAST!!!! It was our best cruise so far to date! The crew was senstaional!!! Everyone went above and beyond from waiters to bar tenders to our room steward.

I wouldnt let one negative review damper things. Before we went on her last year there was a string of negative reviews (roughly 10 or so) I was so nervous. But once we got on board everything was...well... smooth sailing ;)

We were on The Summit a week ago, she's a beautiful ship..

If you 'look' for flaws I'm sure you'll find them! The only thing that stood out for me were the chairs in the waterfall cafe, the paint had peeled off most of the white ones that had arm rests so those did look shabby..

Here is my review...............

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1387343

Hello! I would love some feedback from recent Summit cruisers. We were planning on taking a family cruise on the Summit over Thanksgiving, however, I recently read one post that made the ship seem pretty run down and lacking in staff. I am concerned with the updating of the Summit occuring in 2012 the ship won't be kept in good condition. Just looking for thoughts from anyone who has cruised on her recently.

Thanks!

Candy

Hi

We just go off the Summit on Saturday.

The Crew is still the best.

They will take care of you and if anything is not to your liking they will attempt to make it better.

All areas are clean and constantly maintained.

LAst week they were painting the metal frames obove the Solarium area above the Thalassotherapy pool.

I think once the Dry dock is done next year she will be Glowing.

So far she is NOT run down.

Normal tear and wear as any hotel or ship that has been at sea 10 years.

Have fun

I was glad to see these posts becaus my husband and I are also considering a trip on the summer this year, either in July or October and because of her age, had some concerns about the Summit. Glad to know she is still in pretty good shape.

Hi

We just go off the Summit on Saturday.

The Crew is still the best.

They will take care of you and if anything is not to your liking they will attempt to make it better.

All areas are clean and constantly maintained.

LAst week they were painting the metal frames obove the Solarium area above the Thalassotherapy pool.

I think once the Dry dock is done next year she will be Glowing.

So far she is NOT run down.

Normal tear and wear as any hotel or ship that has been at sea 10 years.

Have fun

I'm trying to figure out which hotel has been at sea 10 years....

Archived