Adjoining balcony question-Solstice AQ

Jobeth66

Specific to Solstice AQ 1601 & 1603 - I have these 2 cabins on my upcoming cruise, can anyone who has stayed in them advise if the balcony partition is impacted by the cross brace, or do we have the adjoining with the full panel between them? Just wondering how easy it's going to be to use that as a go-between for the two cabins.

Thanks!

Specific to Solstice AQ 1601 & 1603 - I have these 2 cabins on my upcoming cruise, can anyone who has stayed in them advise if the balcony partition is impacted by the cross brace, or do we have the adjoining with the full panel between them? Just wondering how easy it's going to be to use that as a go-between for the two cabins.

Thanks!

I was in 1601, if I understand your question the panel is full between the cabins. Two points on that veranda which is huge. Do not expect any sunlight on the veranda and if you intend to sit out there in the evening and read, bring a light. One of the shortcomings of the S class ships is a lack of lights on the verandas.

Thanks!

You do have a support beam that comes down between the two balconies. The partition will open, but you can't walk back & forth -- you have to step over. This is what it looks like if you were standing in 1603: http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pos=21 The panel is full between 1601 and 1599.

We were in 1606, which is the mirror image of 1601, and the photo above is the partition between 1606 and 1608 (which is the mirror image of 1603).

I was in 1601, if I understand your question the panel is full between the cabins.

Perfect. Thank you. :) I didn't relish the thought of climbing over the cross brace to visit with my travel buddy.

Two points on that veranda which is huge. Do not expect any sunlight on the veranda and if you intend to sit out there in the evening and read, bring a light. One of the shortcomings of the S class ships is a lack of lights on the verandas.

I'm of Irish & Scottish descent. Very fair, pale skin. I prefer a balcony with little to no direct sun so I can sit outside and watch the ocean without worrying about becoming a lobster after 15 minutes.

With regard to the light - I have a Kindle with a book light, so I'm ok with that too.

Thanks so much for your response!

You do have a support beam that comes down between the two balconies. The partition will open, but you can't walk back & forth -- you have to step over. This is what it looks like if you were standing in 1603: http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pos=21

Ok, now I'm confused again. :)

It was my understanding that the support beam impacts one side of the balcony, but not the other (IE - full panel walk-through on one side, support beam step-over on the other).

dkjretired indicates that between 1601 & 1603 is the full panel, so I had assumed that it would be the support post between 1601 and 1599.

Am I incorrect?

Ok - found a picture of the balcony for Equinox 1601, which I'm going to assume is the same as Solstice 1601. The left side has the half-panel with support brace, as you indicated Wine-O, the right has the full panel.

I am just trying to figure out which cabin has the full panel access to 1601 - 1603 or 1599. :)

4220138664_9e5bc87bb3.jpg

Cabin 1601 angled hump balcony Celebrity Equinox by WehoAtlantis, on Flickr

Thank you to WehoAtlantis for the pic. :)

Ok - found a picture of the balcony for Equinox 1601, which I'm going to assume is the same as Solstice 1601. The left side has the half-panel with support brace, as you indicated Wine-O, the right has the full panel.

I am just trying to figure out which cabin has the full panel access to 1601 - 1603 or 1599. :)

Jobeth:

Mine is from memory so go by the pictures if you see something good. I had the same experience, can't do the sun due to previous Melinoma and have a Kindle with a light.

Looking at this photo, 1603 is to the left with the support angle, and 1599 is to the right without the support angle.

Looking at this photo, 1603 is to the left with the support angle, and 1599 is to the right without the support angle.

Thank you!! (We had tried to book 1599 but it was already gone when we booked.)

Ok - so we won't be using the balcony access to go back & forth, but we can use it for passing wine & gabbing. :)

Thank you!! (We had tried to book 1599 but it was already gone when we booked.)

Ok - so we won't be using the balcony access to go back & forth, but we can use it for passing wine & gabbing. :)

You can still step over to cross to each other's balcony.

You can still step over to cross to each other's balcony.

Yeah, not likely. If it's risking my life to climb over a pole (I'm a teensy bit on the clumsy side - currently recovering from a severe sprain after falling over nothing on my front porch) or just walking into the hallway and going through the door, I'm going through the door.

But we'll definitely open it to share drinks & conversation! :)

Archived