Yup - gave up my aft-wrap

rpouls

We got our VS aft wrap suite on the Pride for this October for right about $969.00 per person...we have an awsome TA! I would not give up my aft wrap for anything. However I know I will not see a cheaper price for this cruise...lol

Although I love the aft wraps too we did give ours up on the Magic 5/22 sailing because it was too good of a deal to pass up. We moved to an ocean suite and each got $650 in OBC ($1300). The prices on all the other categories were dropping quite a bit but since there were no aft wraps to match to we couldn't get a price drop. There still are lots of OS cabins left so I'm hoping for another price drop. We called our friends, who are also in a wrap, when we gave up our wrap so they could price match. They got $800 each and got to keep their cabin. We'll have another aft wrap on a different cruise but $1300 is a nice perk and the suite isn't exactly roughing it either.

Couldn't pass up the deal of getting an OS for less than the aft-wrap, plus OBC of $120.

I know we'll miss the huge balcony, but I've never had a suite before, so I'm looking forward to the extra cabin space. Early embarking is nice, but didn't sway my decision - the money did;)

I was a bit spoiled - had an aft-wrap on two cruises after having an inside (1A) cabin, so I've never had a 'regular' balcony before.

Will continue to check for lower rates til I sail - but I'm happy with what I have! Can't wait to cruise

I guess it depends on what you value more, the extra space in the room or the extra space on the balcony. I have never had an aft wrap but I have had tried OS as well as a GS. I usually just take a regular balcony. The only difference I saw in the OS was a bit more closet space and a small area with extra dressing table between the room and the bathroom. For two people I really don't need the extra storage and the lighting wasn't good enough to apply makeup in the extra area so it was really useless space. Having a whirlpool tub would be nice if it was larger, but it felt really cramped to me so not so relaxing. Not having had a aft, I don't know what the privacy issues would be but that would also make a difference if people could look down from above as some have posted. The GS was nice but have only had those twice for special occaisions and they were very roomy. Wouldn't pay a lot to upgrade to those either unless it was a special occaision or I planned to entertaian in my room. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise though regardless of the room. Have a great vacation and don't sweat the small stuff.

Personally, if they want my aft wrap they'll have to offer a free cruise instead of OBC because it's mine all mine! ;)
Paul - That's essentially what we got. Our two younger sons were booked in the extended balcony next to the wrap and they credited their fares to our account.:cool: We came home with the smallest S&S charge we've ever had. However, I told DH there's no way I'm giving up the aft wrap we have booked on Glory in July....

The thing about the aft wrap on the Spirit class is that they have a total separate bedroom that closes off from the living area and also has the tub (jetted) and a dressing area that closes off from both the bedroom and living area...NOT to forget the balcony itself. And VIP embark

The thing about the aft wrap on the Spirit class is that they have a total separate bedroom that closes off from the living area and also has the tub (jetted) and a dressing area that closes off from both the bedroom and living area...NOT to forget the balcony itself. And VIP embark
Which was my original point! All the aft/wraps are NOT created equal! :)

Spirit class aft wraps are/should be classified as Suites.. Guessing they are now that everyone has discoverd the 'aft'! :rolleyes::)

and that HUGE balcony... :D

• 4 weeks later...

It's interesting reading the different opinions on the aft wraps. We had an aft vista suite reserved on Legend in late February and about two weeks before we sailed, I got a call from our PVP offering us the Grand Suite for $200 more per person. I was sorely tempted, but I had read so much about the aft vista suites and how large the balcony was and how the bed was in a separate room, I could not decide. So I posed the dilemma to my Cruise Critic friends. To a person, they told me to turn down the grand suite - to never give up the aft vista suite. Well, I followed all your advice and called the PVP back and turned her down.

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved our cruise and the huge balcony is beyond comparison. But honestly, I was disappointed in the suite. The sitting area/dressing area/bathroom were cut with sharp corners. Both the missus and I thought the sitting area was extremely small. And the bedroom? We had to get in bed from the bottom because there was about six inches between the sides of the bed and the walls.

In retrospect, would I have given up the large balcony for the grand suite? To this day, I still don't know. Perhaps now that I've experienced an aft vista suite, I might if the call ever comes again.

But Carnival? Carnival is the best! Platinum here we come next cruise!

Archived