Yup - gave up my aft-wrap

rpouls

Couldn't pass up the deal of getting an OS for less than the aft-wrap, plus OBC of $120.

I know we'll miss the huge balcony, but I've never had a suite before, so I'm looking forward to the extra cabin space. Early embarking is nice, but didn't sway my decision - the money did;)

I was a bit spoiled - had an aft-wrap on two cruises after having an inside (1A) cabin, so I've never had a 'regular' balcony before.

Will continue to check for lower rates til I sail - but I'm happy with what I have! Can't wait to cruise

Couldn't pass up the deal of getting an OS for less than the aft-wrap, plus OBC of $120.

I know we'll miss the huge balcony, but I've never had a suite before, so I'm looking forward to the extra cabin space. Early embarking is nice, but didn't sway my decision - the money did;)

I was a bit spoiled - had an aft-wrap on two cruises after having an inside (1A) cabin, so I've never had a 'regular' balcony before.

Will continue to check for lower rates til I sail - but I'm happy with what I have! Can't wait to cruise

Enjoy we had a OS suite on our 1st cruise.. and every since besides 2 cruises reg balconies.... it has been aft wrap.. depends what you find more important the cabin space or the balcony...everyone is different and saving money is always a good thing;)

Correct me if I am wrong -- Is an OS an Owner's suite? If so I would have given up an aft wrap too

I love the aft wraps, whether they're a regular vista balcony cabin or a vista suite. One time I had one and they called me to see if I'd upgrade. No way. Love the location, the balcony and the view. Don't want any other cabin or location.

We have an OS (ocean suite) on the spirit and our kids have the vista I thought that the aft wrap was the same as the vista suite--Is it not? I also thought it was nicer than our OS? I think I am very confused now.

Yes, on the Spirit class, the Vista Suite is an aft wrap. I have one for my Spirit cruise coming up. Had the same cabin on the Legend too. Loved it!

We have an OS (ocean suite) on the spirit and our kids have the vista I thought that the aft wrap was the same as the vista suite--Is it not? I also thought it was nicer than our OS? I think I am very confused now.

Thanks for the clarification of OS and VS. NOw I'm not so sure I would have given up the aft wrap

We had a Cat 11 Suite on the Triumph, and have had the 9A aft/wraps on the Liberty and Freedom!! :)

9A (category at the time) aft/wraps were by far the best balcony/view, tho' the DW did enjoy the bathroom in the Cat 11 Suite.. :p;)

We still book strictly aft, unless we may get offered a 'real' Owners Suite!! :D

OP, I think you made the right choice. I love aft wraps, but the suites are nice to have - especially since you don't have to deal with that lousy shower curtain that wraps around your legs unless you weight it down.:p We gave up our aft wrap and next door extended balcony on Conquest last year when they offered us a Grand Suite and OBC equivalent to the fares for the extended balcony. That was a great deal - one I don't expect to be repeated. And we booked an aft wrap for our upcoming Glory cruise.:cool:

Aft wrap is a suite. Would not give it up for anything. No extra perks, so what's the point?
Guess I'm "old school", but I thought the only aft/wrap Suites were on the Spirit Class ships... Miracle, Legend, Spirit, etc... :o;)

No - on Liberty, aft-wrap isn't a suite - but a very nice cabin just the same, based on the same Valor cabin.

I know I'll be missing the fantastic view leaving and arriving in ports of call, but - I still am happy to have a suite for the first time.

As mentioned earlier, I was spoiled from the get-go having my first balcony cabin an aft-wrap a few years ago.

Now I'll have something to compare it to - I'll let you know if I have any regrets!

Aft wrap is a suite. Would not give it up for anything. No extra perks, so what's the point?

rpouls,

Enjoy your suite! I'm sure someone will be grateful to see an aft wrap open up this close to sailing date; and those who booked ES and have aft wraps may get to price match as well!

Personally, if they want my aft wrap they'll have to offer a free cruise instead of OBC because it's mine all mine! ;)

It's showing up on Fare Viewer so be sure and let folks in your CC roll call know so those who booked ES can check their prices;

2307174300065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

OBC for a price drop is VERY RARE for aft wraps and that's not too bad of a price.

$1079pp for this cabin is an amazing rate - must be the cabin I upgraded from - 8448.

It's showing up on Fare Viewer so be sure and let folks in your CC roll call know so those who booked ES can check their prices;

OBC for a price drop is VERY RARE for aft wraps and that's not too bad of a price.

Wish I could - I've been checking our roll call, and so far there are no posts.

I hope someone is able to grab this cabin, or get OBC for an existing booking.

Archived