Princess Cays Bungalows

KansasScrapper

We rented on a couple years ago and loved it so much we've booked it again for our upcoming cruise. It was ideal to have somewhere to get out of the sun for awhile and to have a table inside to eat. Had the option of using the ceiling fan &/or air conditioning. Great to have "our" recliners we could move to the sun or shade. Although the beach straight out was not a swimming beach, the snorkeling was awesome -- our own shower at the bungalow was perfect to get the sand off! Always someone around to get us a drink or water or whatever.

It's certainly not cheap but, to us, it's a perfect way to enjoy our day on Princess Cays.

Thanks! We are going with my Mom. I can't take the heat for long and thought it would be nice to have. Are they close to the place were they have the free lunch? We were thinking we could get our food and take it back and it it in a cool place.

Wendy, I rented one 2 yrs. ago when I took my mother and my grandson and it was nice to have the A/C to cool off and the shade. I am going again in a few day's and I am going to inquire about the gourmet lunch option, I would be glad to report back to you when I return if you would like.

Wendy, I rented one 2 yrs. ago when I took my mother and my grandson and it was nice to have the A/C to cool off and the shade. I am going again in a few day's and I am going to inquire about the gourmet lunch option, I would be glad to report back to you when I return if you would like.

That would be wonderful.... Can you take pics of it inside as well? Also if the free lunch area is close enough to go get it and walk back to the bungalow to eat it.

Wendy, I will tell you from our previous experience the inside is small with a table and chairs, nothing fancy. I should have also mentioned the BBQ was not very far, when we went they delivered the food to us, but I have read here that on some ships they still do and on others they do not.

I was there in December 2010 (just a few months ago) and rented one.

It was totally worth it. You get priority in tenders leaving the ship; the bungalows are away from the crowds and have plenty of shade. they even have a tram that will take you from where you get off the tender to your bungalow.

• 2 weeks later...

Our cruise doesn't sail until Dec 2011 so the excursion info isn't posted yet. Will I be able to book a bungalow when the info is posted? I believe that is done 120 days before sailing. My husband likes the sun, but only for so long which isn't long at all. :rolleyes: The bungalow might be a good option for us. Is it priced per person or day?

It is $199 for up to 6 people. Here is the info Princess has on it:

You'll be living island-style in your colorful, private beachfront bungalow just steps away from the Princess Cays beach. You and your friends and family will be welcomed with open doors. Each bungalow is air-conditioned, self-contained, equipped with amenities and includes a dedicated staff ready to take your drink order.

Princess Cays is a wonderland of white-sand beaches, mangrove trees, beautiful turquoise waters, and warm breezes. And dotting the landscape you will see a number of private beach bungalows just waiting to be your home away from home for the day. Make the most of your stay on Princess Cays and enjoy the comfort and convenience of your private bungalow. Brightly colored and perfect for families, the bungalows are located in the picturesque palm grove just behind the beach. Each bungalow features air-conditioning and a ceiling fan, a table and four chairs inside, two sun loungers outside on the deck, and a private shower. The beach is within walking distance. A friendly, attentive staff is available to take drink orders and to orient you to the area.

As an added convenience, priority tender tickets are issued for participants who have reserved a bungalow. If required, a motorized cart for transportation to your bungalow is available. However, many choose to walk, as it is only a ten-minute stroll. Private and well equipped, the Princess Cays beach bungalows delight every occupant that crosses the threshold. The only problem is you might not want to leave!

It is $199 for up to 6 people. Here is the info Princess has on it:

You'll be living island-style in your colorful, private beachfront bungalow just steps away from the Princess Cays beach. You and your friends and family will be welcomed with open doors. Each bungalow is air-conditioned, self-contained, equipped with amenities and includes a dedicated staff ready to take your drink order.

Princess Cays is a wonderland of white-sand beaches, mangrove trees, beautiful turquoise waters, and warm breezes. And dotting the landscape you will see a number of private beach bungalows just waiting to be your home away from home for the day. Make the most of your stay on Princess Cays and enjoy the comfort and convenience of your private bungalow. Brightly colored and perfect for families, the bungalows are located in the picturesque palm grove just behind the beach. Each bungalow features air-conditioning and a ceiling fan, a table and four chairs inside, two sun loungers outside on the deck, and a private shower. The beach is within walking distance. A friendly, attentive staff is available to take drink orders and to orient you to the area.

Sounds amazing! But is it really worth the xtra $$? Anyone who has done it, please let me know your experience. Thanks! bambam

• 3 weeks later...

We are just back from the Crown Princess last week.

We booked a bungalow because we wanted to be assured of shade. By 1130 in the morning there was no shade at our bungalow (#1 - Marigold). There was one umbrella in front of the bungalow that shaded half of two chairs. Everything else was in full sunlight. I asked the attendant if he could find at least another umbrella. He went somewhere and came back and said that wasn't possible.

Service for drinks was very sporadic. We didn't want anything at 10 am when a server first came by so he never came back. I had to walk to the bar to order a bucket of beer. The Budweiser bottles don't have twist tops. I had to walk back to the bar to get the second ones opened.

It was so hot that we had to go back to the ship at 2 pm.

Totally not worth the money. When I complained to shore excursions they refunded $50.00 but that didn't help.

I still have the sunburn!

• 2 weeks later...
That would be wonderful.... Can you take pics of it inside as well? Also if the free lunch area is close enough to go get it and walk back to the bungalow to eat it.

we rented one in May, fabulous, would do it again. So good to be able to cool off. Lunch area is near enough, restrooms approx in middle of bungalows. I've got pics of inside, can put them on if i can otherwise on F/B.

we rented one in May, fabulous, would do it again. So good to be able to cool off. Lunch area is near enough, restrooms approx in middle of bungalows. I've got pics of inside, can put them on if i can otherwise on F/B.

Would love to see the pics. You can friend request me Wendy Mathews. My pic is me in my graduation cap and gown....

Archived