What are 'packages' in pricing table?

Nylsor

I have been checking cruises to the Med for 2012 on the Princess (UK) site. For a 12 day Greek Isles and Med Rome - Venice the cost is as follows:

(Cruise only) per person

Cruise fare £2270

Packages £73

Gov't fees and taxes £35

Total £2343

What are 'packages'? There is no explanation in the pricing chart and they are not fuel fees as it is stated that they are included in the fees and taxes. I can't remember seeing this before.

And the price for two is horrendous - almost £5000 before flights!:eek: Was looking to treat DD and SIL but won't be going ourselves if the price doesn't come down:(

Hi Nylsor

These are your airport or hotel transfer to ship,

On my next cruise Princess will get me from Airport to my Miami Hotel by taxi or bus

and then by bus to the ship in Ft L.

yours Shogun

Hi Nylsor

These are your airport or hotel transfer to ship,

On my next cruise Princess will get me from Airport to my Miami Hotel by taxi or bus

and then by bus to the ship in Ft L.

yours Shogun

I don't think you get transfers if you are arranging your own flights. We certainly didn't in February. I entered 'Cruise only' only the Princess site - clearly indicating no flights as I don't think that charging £400 per person for flights from London to Rome / Venice to London is reasonable especially when we can fly by budget air for half that price. I have never noticed the 'packages' on the pricing table when I have looked previously.

I have never noticed the 'packages' on the pricing table when I have looked previously.

It's only recently that they have started showing them separately. I rang Princess a couple of weeks ago when an online TA's prices were odd and it was because their online systems hadn't picked up this change from Princess.

I was told that 'packages' is transfers and pre-cruise hotel stay, where applicable.

This individual 'pieces-parts' pricing is new to the UK passengers but is something very familiar to those of us over here in the US and Canada. Yes, the transfers from airport to ship (and back after the cruise) are usually added to your cruise options automatically and have to be declined (or accepted) when making your actual booking choices, regardless of whether you plan to book air on your own or use the cruiseline air. These are different from the transfers included when booking a hotel package. But they are both among the options available, along with airfare and insurance.

Archived