Question about cabins

skydancing

I have noticed that people are waiting until just before their cruises for their cabin numbers. We were given a number when we first booked and just this week I asked for it to be changed and we were upgraded free to a better deck and a cabin that we wanted. Given the number as well.

From what I have been reading is this not usual to be given the number so soon. Our cruise isnt actually until September! I do hope they dont change our cabin.

When some people book there cruise they book a guarentee cabin. What this means is they book cabin in a specific category and not a specific cabin. If you book a VE category you will get a VE category cabin. The cabin could be anywhere on the ship as long as it is a VE category. We like midship verandas so we always book a specific cabin when we book. Hope this helps.

I have noticed that people are waiting until just before their cruises for their cabin numbers. We were given a number when we first booked and just this week I asked for it to be changed and we were upgraded free to a better deck and a cabin that we wanted. Given the number as well.

From what I have been reading is this not usual to be given the number so soon. Our cruise isnt actually until September! I do hope they dont change our cabin.

The people waiting for cabin numbers have booked guarantees in the hopes of an upgrade. You have two options when you book - guarantee or a specific cabin number. You did the latter which is the option we prefer.

If you indicated on your booking (or your TA did) that you would permit an upgrade, then your cabin could be upgraded once your sailing draws nearer (usually two weeks or less before the cruise). If you really like your location and do not want to be changed make sure it is marked do not upgrade.

Hope this helps :)

Archived