LAX to Cruise Port?

Wondering if anyone has attempted or used some other means of transport to and from LAX to the cruise port in LA? My wife and I seemed to think that we could cab it and save $ or find some other shuttle other than the several hunder dollar RCCL shuttle....

We're going with 2 other friends so there would be 4 of us...is a cab ride or something else feasible? Or should we just use the RCCL one?

Thank you so much!

Jason & Paula

We left on the Island Princess from LA on a cruise to hawaii last fall. We elected to use the princess transfers because of the distance from the LA airport to the port (something like 20 miles). I don't remember what Princess charged but it was a lot less than the taxi or other transportation options I could find.

If RCCL is charging more than $100 per way then I would agree with you maybe you can find another way that would be a little cheaper.

Have a great next cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I agaree , I live here and would recommend Super Shuttle, you don't want to get caught in a traffic jam with a taxi meter running, and Super Shuttle has to be cheaper than the $$$ you said RCI was going to charge , I didn't know that they charged that much ? You can book supershuttle on line.

Cori

I booked a Hertz rental at LAX with a drop-off in Long Beach. It was an economy car and I was there for 2 days before, but we had lunch dropped off the luggage at the pier, drove into Long Beach and dropped the car. They called a cab for us and the cab ride was $16 but Hertz credited $10 toward the rental with the cab receipt. The car was $28 dollars a day.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back yesterday (04/11/05) from LAX/San Pedro port. TAKE A CAB!!!! The flat rate is $40 each way. This will be your cheapest route. The meter is NOT running if you hit traffic. Again, this is a flat rate. Be sure to ask for it. (it is also advertised)

The SuperShuttle will make numerous stops along the way and if you hit traffic.... beware. Having lived in LA, getting on and off the freeway (after each stop) can take FOREVER. Also, since you are going to the port, chances are you will be the last group to be dropped off. Expect 45-1 hour + with the SuperShuttle (have taken it before) and an hour with RCI's transfer service.

There are plenty of cabs when you disembark, too. The ride was 30 minutes with a cab either direction. Cabbies also know the back ways, if there is traffic. The Super Shuttle will take the main route as time is not important to them.

I can tell you with 150% certainty, a cab is the smoothest, fastest way there. If you have 4 people, $10 a head is CHEAP! It worked great for us this past weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived