Radiance of the Seas - 3/28/11 to 4/2/11 Long review

Judie43- Thanks! I used a tiny Nikon CoolPix and I was amazed at how good the clarity of the pics came out. A little work on composition and I'll be ok! Tomorrow I will scan on the liquor store order forms and some other miscellaneous documents. Thanks for reading and commenting!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting! I love writing reviews! I just booked the familia on the Voyager for the March 31, 2012 7day and can't wait! Only 332 more days!

• 3 weeks later...

What an amazing review, so much information!! Thanks so much for going to all that trouble. It has really helped with the excitement while we wait for Jan 2012 to come around and sample the Radiance Down Under!

Lesley :)

Lestel - Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! I had a good time putting it together and look forward to writing more reviews. You will love the Radiance especially with the new additions. Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...
Lestel - Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! I had a good time putting it together and look forward to writing more reviews. You will love the Radiance especially with the new additions. Happy cruising!

HI, I'm glad to see you are still around.

I have the same room booked for a month that you had for this cruise. I was surprised to see it isn't like the other D1s. You may not realize it because you probably had no expectations going into your cruise, but the standard D1 cabin has a bank of curved shelves from ceiling to floor at the end of the television. I can see in your picture that it's not there.

I hear there are alternative open shelves at the beginning of the dresser space. Do you remember how large an area this was? Do you have any other pictures of the inside of your room that might show the dresser/shelf area?

You seem to have everything else documented so well. (good job) I'm really hoping you can help me with this. I'm not eager to spend a month in a room with less storage than I was anticipating - no matter how great the location.

Any input you have to offer will be greatly appreciated. I understand that even drawers are smaller in some of the hump cabins than they are in others. :( What can you tell me or better yet, show me in pictures?

Gina

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mommabean - Sorry for the delay in getting back. Haven't been on CC for a couple of weeks. I did not realize the diff in shelf space as compared to other cabins. There were 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids) and we just had enough space. You indicated that your cruise is for a month (jealous!) and I am guessing there are 2 of you. It might be a little tight but if you can rotate clothes from suitcase to shelf you sb fine. Plenty of storage under the bed as well. The alternative shelf space I believe you are referring to would be closer to bookshelf size as opposed to clothing storage. We used it for snacks and water we brought on board. Unfortunately I posted all the pics that I had of the room. I will know better nextime to get better room pics. Hope this helps! Have a great cruise!

• 4 months later...
My pleasure! This thread was dormant for a while so i am glad to see people are getting some use out of it. I love reading others reviews so I want to pay back! Enjoy your cruise!

Great job and so full of helpful info!! Thanks for doing this and I'm glad you had such a nice trip.

• 7 months later...

Archived