Should I give the Dream another chance?

infoqueen,If you select stay and cruise(stay the week before your cruise)there is no restriction on cabin availability

As berwyn stated cabin availability determined on where your flying from

I wonder if this could be due to local travel agents having secured a quota of cabins with associated flights from a regional airport and any unsold cabins won't show up on Thomson's site - until perhaps near to departure if they are returned to Thomson? I don't know how the mechanics work but it would be very interesting to know how we find these peculiar inconsistencies depending on airport selection.

Like the idea infoqueen - 'answers on a postcard'! :D

Try the dream, we have just got back, and I am glad I didnt let the bad reviews put me off, enjoyed every minute of it, the ship, the entertainment, the shows, the food, the staff, the ports and the 6 days at sea, I could go on and on... I especially liked people watching and trying to spot the complainers (trying there hardest to come up with something wrong!) but everyone else seemed to be having a ball too. I would really take any complaints with a pinch of salt, so what if there is a swirl pattern on some of the carpeting (a complaint), everything was looked after and everywhere was spotless, I will be writing a full review shortly as I am waiting to read a few others that sailed the same time as me, I am picky, but fair, and i would book the dream again tomorrow.

regards Maddy

thanks so much maddy, feeling quite excited even though not booked yet in fact went to sainsburys in my dinner break and bought pair of shorts in cerise pink and white cut offs in stretchy material to accomodate the growing body during a cruise. wouldnt mind but only went in for bread and milk.

thanks so much maddy, feeling quite excited even though not booked yet in fact went to sainsburys in my dinner break and bought pair of shorts in cerise pink and white cut offs in stretchy material to accomodate the growing body during a cruise. wouldnt mind but only went in for bread and milk.

Well, what a waste of money if you don't book now, infoqueen!!! Go for it! :D

hi there glad you had a good time ,could you tell me what the AI drinks package was like ,as we were on the dream last may and the drinks package was not worth the money

thanks

Hi Morgans2

I have got a bar list I brought home with me, there is a wide range of drinks available, and a really good choice of brands, the measures are a damn good size too, Hic!

30 cocktails listed, and they would make your own up for you as well, all about 3.95,

Heineken, john smiths and strongbow on draught, 3.25 a pint, they did frozen cocktails, 10 different brandys, 17 whiskys , 5 gins , 6 vodkas , 6 rums , 16 liqueurs , 6 sherrys/port, full range of mixers, 13 other types of spirit, wines by the glass or bottle, all average uk prices, we had the drinks package and although i have not yet totalled up what we would have spent, i am glad we did the AI option as we didnt have the worry of a bill at the end of the cruise, as it was a 17 day cruise, we had our fair share of soft drinks as well through the day, especially on the 6 days at sea.

if you or anyone else has anymore questions about the Dream, dont hesitate to ask, if you want a copy of the bar list im sure i could get one to you.

cheers, Maddy

ok now have had a go and can't get this to work, do you use the back button on the browser at the top of screen or are you going back and forward using the thomson site options and how far do you take the booking before going back are you just selecting the cabin to see the change in price on the top left hand side or do you hit the continue button and where does it show the number of cabins. sorry to be a technophobe but this is fascinating me.

OK, first I want to say I have no technical knowledge whatsoever and I discovered this by accident. When you have made your cabin choice press continue, when the box appears which asks "do you only want to view the information which was safely received" press no. After the next page is shown press back (I use the one at the bottom of the page). When the security box pops up again press yes. You then get a white page with a printed list down the side and it looks like an error has occured. However if you scroll down you come to all the cabin catergories and numbers for how many are left. I haven't checked regional variations like Berwyn has but for next years ex UK it is comming up with different numbers everyday.

Funny thing happened with regional airport availability last year.

Suites and deluxe cabins were available from Newcastle but not ordinary ones. However for the same cruise you could get ordinary cabins from London airports. The inevitable conclusion was that Newcastle had run out of its Chav allowance and Thomsons social engineering only wanted posh northerners :eek: :D

Tell you what Dave, they'd wait a long time. We don't do posh up hereicon12.gificon12.gif

I wonder if this could be due to local travel agents having secured a quota of cabins with associated flights from a regional airport and any unsold cabins won't show up on Thomson's site - until perhaps near to departure if they are returned to Thomson? I don't know how the mechanics work but it would be very interesting to know how we find these peculiar inconsistencies depending on airport selection.

Like the idea infoqueen - 'answers on a postcard'! :D

That makes sense kruzeeka much the same as booking a hotel online.Some websites show sold out or no availabilty where others have availability

OK, first I want to say I have no technical knowledge whatsoever and I discovered this by accident. When you have made your cabin choice press continue, when the box appears which asks "do you only want to view the information which was safely received" press no. After the next page is shown press back (I use the one at the bottom of the page). When the security box pops up again press yes. You then get a white page with a printed list down the side and it looks like an error has occured. However if you scroll down you come to all the cabin catergories and numbers for how many are left. I haven't checked regional variations like Berwyn has but for next years ex UK it is comming up with different numbers everyday.

happy,I`ve been trying that but nowhere do I get the choice to select cabin(only the deck)and don`t get a box appearing which asks "do you only want to view the information which was safely received".Once I have selected deck your told to "Consult the deck plan below to narrow down your options and then call 0870 243 4010"

Obviously I am a worse techno than you ;)

happy,I`ve been trying that but nowhere do I get the choice to select cabin(only the deck)and don`t get a box appearing which asks "do you only want to view the information which was safely received".Once I have selected deck your told to "Consult the deck plan below to narrow down your options and then call 0870 243 4010"

Count me in on that too, Jim! :eek: :D I've read the page soooooooo.... carefully (I'm intrigued by happy v's discovery!) and can't find that choice either.

Thanks so much for giving us the instructions happy v - sorry I'm not getting it :confused:

mine is showing the same as yours wonder if happy has a different version of internet explorer or windows I have windows xp on mine

mine is showing the same as yours wonder if happy has a different version of internet explorer or windows I have windows xp on mine

Think you've got it sussed. When I use the laptop(which is a newer version) the box comes up, which is annoying as it does it everytime you change page, But if I use the main computer it doesn't.

Sorry Jim, told you I was useless I do mean the deck!!! and I will now be completely honest and let you all know I haven't a clue which internet provider I have. When I said cabin numbers, I meant the quantity left, not the actual number of the cabin.

Sorry Jim, told you I was useless I do mean the deck!!! and I will now be completely honest and let you all know I haven't a clue which internet provider I have. When I said cabin numbers, I meant the quantity left, not the actual number of the cabin.

No need to apologies happy.

happy,do you mean your operating system eg Vista,Windows XP?Internert providers are companies who provide internet services..eg BT,talk talk,Virgin Media so your Internet Provider is whoever your account is with,whoever you pay

yesssss i've cracked it got it all to come up don't know how i did it but it seems there are 285 cabins left unsold on this particular cruise on 25th june so now gonna wait a bit longer for the prices to come down, if not we will go on this island escape 3 days later. very happy now:)

yesssss i've cracked it got it all to come up don't know how i did it but it seems there are 285 cabins left unsold on this particular cruise on 25th june so now gonna wait a bit longer for the prices to come down, if not we will go on this island escape 3 days later. very happy now:)

Would you like to try again and come back and share it with us?:D

right then here goes choose the grade of cabin, select a deck then hit continue go onto the next screen and select own ins and continue to payment screen then hit the back button and it will ask about displaying the insecure items then i hit no and go back and then forward again and hit yes about the insecure and if lucky it will some up in a default mode scroll down and it should tell you how many rooms are left it may take a few nos and yeses but keep trying also did this on the island escape and it worked there too. try it it's dead exciting (how sad am i):):):):)

Nope,can`t get it to work.Selected a specfic deck and selected continue which brings up cruise option page AI,champagne etc and selected own insurance at bottom of the page,contined onto payment page(never filled in any details)then selected back..Just took me back to cruise options page eg AI,champagne blah blah bah

Confused.com

sorry jim its very hit any miss basically you tell it no and yes and no etc and try to confuse it so it gives up and throws all the info at you sorry you are to far away for me to do a demo but think i only got it to work through luck keep trying though and let me know if you are successfull

Nope,can`t get it to work.Selected a specfic deck and selected continue which brings up cruise option page AI,champagne etc and selected own insurance at bottom of the page,contined onto payment page(never filled in any details)then selected back..Just took me back to cruise options page eg AI,champagne blah blah bah

Confused.com

I'm in the same boat(!) as you Jim! :D Can't make it work at all - tried on DH's p.c. too (different operating systems - so he tells me) also tried I.E. and Mozilla to see if that made any difference. Zilch! I never actually get a box about security that lets me answer 'yes' or 'no'. Wonder if it has anything to do with the security settings on your own computer? (DH's suggestion, not mine just in case you begin to think I know anything about it!! :o )

I reckon you could make a bit selling the information infoqueen - in fact your name is very apt now - you have access to all the info the rest of us would love to have!!!!! ;)

Archived