How early can we park at Manh. pier? 8am or 9am?

I've been on the website for the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, and it states that parking opens at 9:00 am for incoming cruisers. I've also read on some posts that you can get there as early as 8 am.

Anyone with solid info on this?? :confused:

We would like to arrive as early as possible, so we can park the car, (leave the bags in the car,) and walk around Central Park, etc for a while. Then when we get back to the parking lot, we'll grab our bags from the car, give them to the porters, and proceed to check in.

The earlier we can start our NYC self walking tour, the sooner we can be eating on the Gem!!! :p

Thanks.

It's all capacity and what is parked already there. Sometimes you have three or more ships calling on a day. Sometimes they have to let enough cars leave before allowing more in.

It is rare but on 10/15/11 the following ships all call in Manhattan: AIDAluna, Seabourn Sojourn, Miracle, Glory, Norwegian Jewel.

I believe that is why you can't get a straight answer.

http://www.nycruise.com/documents/NewCruiseSchedule_2-15-2011.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

We did exactly what you are asking about. We got to the lot around 8am, thye let us park no problem, we then took a cab to meet my cousins for breakfeast. When we got back to the pier they let us move the car closer to our ship.

The best part was getting into the cab, the driver could not understand why we didnt have any luggage.

We did exactly what you are asking about. We got to the lot around 8am, thye let us park no problem, we then took a cab to meet my cousins for breakfeast. When we got back to the pier they let us move the car closer to our ship.

The best part was getting into the cab, the driver could not understand why we didnt have any luggage.

You just made me very happy. We had wanted to get there by 8:00 am, but if we couldn't park...that would pose a problem, so we changed our ETA for 9:00am.

Now you've got me hopeful that maybe we can get in there early. Maybe I'll shoot for 8:30 am...compromise!!!!:p;)

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't cruised out of NYC since 2006. I know there have been several changes since then. The last time we were there we were told to get there early because the seating in the terminal was limited and latecomers had to stand while waiting to board. Is this the same or have more seat been made available? One time cruising out of NYC we were latitude members and they actually had a special area for us to wait and we were boarded first, I do believe I read that they did away with the latitude lounge? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

We haven't cruised out of NYC since 2006. I know there have been several changes since then. The last time we were there we were told to get there early because the seating in the terminal was limited and latecomers had to stand while waiting to board. Is this the same or have more seat been made available? One time cruising out of NYC we were latitude members and they actually had a special area for us to wait and we were boarded first, I do believe I read that they did away with the latitude lounge? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

Pier 88 has been renovated since your last cruise. There's lots of seating after you've been processed through check in. The seating areas that were located prior to the security checkpoint are no longer there. We usually arrive between 10:30 and 11 am.

Pier 88 has been renovated since your last cruise. There's lots of seating after you've been processed through check in. The seating areas that were located prior to the security checkpoint are no longer there. We usually arrive between 10:30 and 11 am.

Thanks so much, that is exactly the info I was looking for and that is the exact time we hope to arrive at the port!! Can't wait!!

Archived