Bingo on the Epic

barneyg

We are shortly going on the Epic , Can anyone please update me with the cost to play bingo and also what sort of winnings or prizes do they give. Any advice would be wonderful please. thank you

NCL is the only cruiseline I don't play bingo on. As the OP said, rates start around $40 and only go up from there and the payouts are so low. And, if more than one person wins, the payout is of course even less.

NCL also has those electronic bingo cards which are even more expensive. In my opinion you have better odds of winning something by taking your $40 and putting it into a slot machine.

TracyE

We played bingo on the Epic a couple of weeks ago. The cost depends on what package you get. I think it's something like $49 - $69. There were 3 different packages offered. The first one is the basic one. The second tier offers more boards. The most expensive one offers more boards, + raffle entries, + pull tabs, + anything else they're throwing in at the time (we got a t-shirt). They didn't have the electonic bingo on the Epic. It was all done on those paper sheets which I prefer. The first time I played there were 3 games and the payouts were between $100-$300. The second time I played was the last session of the cruise and they guarenteed a big payout. I think the first two games were $200-$500 and the last one was over $2000. Nothing like bingo on land but still, for NCL, Epic bingo is much better than the single game I played on the Pearl. Yes they make a large profit off of bingo but if you enjoy playing, bingo on the Epic is not as bad as other ships.

We played bingo on the Epic a couple of weeks ago. The cost depends on what package you get. I think it's something like $49 - $69. There were 3 different packages offered. The first one is the basic one. The second tier offers more boards. The most expensive one offers more boards, + raffle entries, + pull tabs, + anything else they're throwing in at the time (we got a t-shirt). They didn't have the electonic bingo on the Epic. It was all done on those paper sheets which I prefer. The first time I played there were 3 games and the payouts were between $100-$300. The second time I played was the last session of the cruise and they guarenteed a big payout. I think the first two games were $200-$500 and the last one was over $2000. Nothing like bingo on land but still, for NCL, Epic bingo is much better than the single game I played on the Pearl. Yes they make a large profit off of bingo but if you enjoy playing, bingo on the Epic is not as bad as other ships.

No that last game they ENTICE you with a $2000 payout but it is only if someone COVERS their card in under a certain amount of calls--almost impossible and NO ONE did it the times we played...

I found Bingo on Epic to be VERY expensive. the joke around my house is now about my $80 T shirt....(not counting the $50 package we did the day before)...so actually it is a $130 shirt)

I agree with the last poster. I have a $80 BINGO tee shirt at home. Oh, and don't forget the clear blue beach bag. :)

I personally think it's a rip off. I've always played bingo on the ship to have fun and kill a little time. But I can remember when it use to be only $20 to play.

This is a FAST PACED bingo. They went so fricken fast that we couldn't keep up with the package we had. We are not die hard bingo players that can keep up like some. This package was just too much for us.

I feel they make empty promises. As the poster above, you have to bingo within a certain amount of numbers called (and it ends up being something like you have to hit on every single number called in a row) in order to be the "big winner".

Then they promise the "big grand prize" giveaway was going to happen right then (which is a cruise) and it doesn't. They inform you that you have to come back on another day and play for that.

I found it to be a bunch of bull and will never play bingo again.

If you enjoy throwing money away with very little entertainment, play bingo on the cruise. As mentioned above, the payouts are tiny compared to the take. IMO it's a complete and utter ripoff.

We have been on the Sun a few times, and boy, do they push the Bingo...announcement after announcement after announcement. And as mentioned above, they talk a lot about the super duper grand prize, but I doubt that many of them are awarded. I think it's a giant come-on and money maker for NCL.

Don't spend $80 for your T shirt at Bingo. Just go to the gift shop and buy one. It's a lot cheaper

Ouch. I have the bag and a t-shirt from redeeming trivia points...for free. ;)

Psshhh, what are you talking about? Mine was "free". The "fun time" we had playing bingo is what cost. LOL :D:eek:

We have been on the Sun a few times, and boy, do they push the Bingo...announcement after announcement after announcement.

Isn't that the truth. It's non-stop! :rolleyes:

I played bingo on the Epic last week, and it was expensive. I always buy the big package that is the most expensive so the first couple of days it was $69.00 then we played the last 2 days and the big package was $89.00. I won the cover all spot game on the second to last day and won $900.00 I was shocked at the size of the payout because they hold back so much. My son wanted to go again on the last day and I wasn't going to because I didn't think we would have a chance of winning but the crowd was small and we ended up splitting a small pot and won $25.00 on the pull tab. All total for the week we spent $300.00 on bingo and won $1100.00.

Also they held the bingo in Headliners which was a terrible location for it. Crowded, only a few tables to put your cards down on, and poor sight lines to see the board to check your numbers.

Thank you everyone for your replies , looks like it is one hell of a rip off !!!! they will be lucky getting 10 people to play at those sort of prices , why the heck dont they charge half as much and get double the players . oh well they will learn eventually when no one appears to play !!!! thanks everyone xxxx

Thank you everyone for your replies , looks like it is one hell of a rip off !!!! they will be lucky getting 10 people to play at those sort of prices , why the heck dont they charge half as much and get double the players . oh well they will learn eventually when no one appears to play !!!! thanks everyone xxxx

You are very wrong on this. For some reason, and I'm still trying to understand, the place was PACKED with no chairs left, when we played and every time we went by and they were having bingo. They draw people in like crazy. (At least that's how it was on the Epic). You also have to realize that only a small percentage of cruisers are on a forum like this to find out what a rip off it is and get advice. So, they are spending the money like wild fire. :eek:

Archived