July 2011 Entertainment/Dining Reservations No Longer Available

saus

Thanks to people on this board who posted that reservations were open, I went on to the Royal Caribbean Website this morning and booked my entertainment options for the 9 people going on my July 17 sailing.

I received confirmation emails and even went back tweaked a few showtimes to better suit our needs.

Now when I try to access the pre-booking area of the website, I get the following message:

Reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner are currently not available. Please check back soon.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

If so, my guess is they inadvertently opened the July cruises for booking, and have now gone back and shut down reservations outside 90 days.

It seems that you can make reservations!!!! However, when you want to edit/tweak Pre-Cruise Planner does not allow you to do so. I have notified RCL a number of times during the past week....some agents are aware of the problem, others say all systems are fine.

It's not us ...it's them.

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with RCI. According to the Specialty Dining reservations rep that I spoke with, IT has been trying to get a handle on their system for the past two days.

What one person may be able to do on the RCI website may be unavailable 5 minutes later.

She happily offered to help me book my reservations over the phone. Things were moving very slowly on her end. When we made it to the third reservation the whole system crashed and all reservations were lost, as I hadn't paid for them yet.

The rep suggested that I just wait until next week, when their internal system and the website will hopefully be back on track.

If anyone wants to make a dining reservation over the phone, the best contact number is (800)398-9819.

Good luck!

I just booked all of the shows for our August 6th Oasis cruise. When I entered my e-mail address and hit "continue" I did get the "Pre-Cruise Planner unavailable" message. However, when I logged back in, all of my show reservations were there. Haven't received the e-mail yet, but don't really need it.

Dining reservations next ... maybe tomorrow. Not doing too many. I'd rather save a few $$ at this point and partake of the free spots!

mac_tlc

Steve,

That's exactly the process I use. Entertainment was no trouble for me but the restaurants wouldn't book.

It's an RCI IT problem and should be fixed soon.

If anyone out there is able to book and pay for specialty restaurants July 17th or later on the Royal Caribbean website, I'd love to hear about it.

Steve,

That's exactly the process I use. Entertainment was no trouble for me but the restaurants wouldn't book.

If anyone out there is able to book and pay for specialty restaurants July 17th or later on the Royal Caribbean website, I'd love to hear about it.

Question....when you are trying to book specialty restaurants, are you doing it one at a time:confused:....I have never had luck trying to book several at a time....just a thought.....I always book individual.

Steve,

I tried it both ways online yesterday. No luck either way. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the glitches in the reservations system this week. I'm sure it will all be worked out soon.

Steve,

I tried it both ways online yesterday. No luck either way. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the glitches in the reservations system this week. I'm sure it will all be worked out soon.

Wonder if it's just that sailing:confused:....I had no problems yesterday making resis for entertainment and shore excursions for Oasis July 23.

Steve,

Try a different browser. I couldn't book using FireFox but I could using IE8.

Archived