Parrot Club?

kcbutterfly

It is very close to the ships, not out of your way at all.

Thank you so much for replying. Can anyone tell me how the food is at Parrot Club? Would anyone recommend it, or is there another nearby place that you would suggest? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

DDP and I had lunch there a couple of years ago - it was very tasty. The food was a little more creative than I really wanted to have - I wanted traditional PR food - monfungo in particular and while I enjoyed it, given the other dishes on the menu, I suspect it was more upscale than what my PR friend's grandmother used to make.

The Mojitos were GREAT!

We were just there on Saturday for lunch and it was good. One of our favorites was the nachos - they use plantain chips (that they make) instead of tortilla chips and the result is excellent.

The walk from El Morro to the Parrot Club took us about 15 mins (it's all downhill so an easy walk in that direction).

For a very local feel with great authentic food, try La Punta Vista. It's about 3-4 mins past the Parrot Club and has a very local vibe (some might call it a hole in the wall), but the food was great (and it gets very good reviews on yelp).

Archived