Travel Insurance Coverage Question

sbnuggie

Howdy,

Quick question, one of the parties travelling in our group is leaving a 1.5 yr old at home with grandparents. They are looking to purchase travel insurance but would like to find a policy that covers them returning home mid-trip should something happen to the child back home, while they are away.

What type of coverage would that fall under typically?

Thanks.

Howdy,

Quick question, one of the parties travelling in our group is leaving a 1.5 yr old at home with grandparents. They are looking to purchase travel insurance but would like to find a policy that covers them returning home mid-trip should something happen to the child back home, while they are away.

Thanks.

check out insuremytrip or travelguard

check out insuremytrip or travelguard

Uh yea...currently checking those out, but was wondering where that type of coverage would fall, if it exists. I.e. Medical Evac, Medical, Trip Interuption etc., etc., etc....

I'm no insurance expert but I'm looking at the plan from Travelex

Protects travel investments if a trip is cancelled or

interrupted. Recover non-refundable, prepaid trip costs

for the following covered reasons:

• Sickness, Accidental Injury or Death • Weather

• Trip Delay of 50% or more • Strike

• Bankruptcy/Default • Burglary

• Residence/Destination Uninhabitable • Quarantine

• Traffic Accident en Route • Hijacking

• Employment Termination/Transfer • Jury Duty

• Felonious Assault • Subpoena

• Military Duty for Natural Disaster • Terrorist Incident

• Death/Hospitalization of Destination Host

So I'm going to guess i is under Cancellation/Interruption. Now my next question is: Is there a pre-existing condition with the child because then that may be that they have to purchase within a certain time frame after making initial deposit to waive the pre-existing clause.

No pre-existing condition so they are good there, first time mom and she is nervous about being away thats all. Just wanted to point out to her that coverage does exist should something happen back home that would require her to come back. I've already told her that if a sniffle comes up no insurance would cover flight back, hospitalization yes, common cold...no.

Howdy,

Thanks.

If they're worried about Trip Cancellation in advance due to sever illness of a relative, this would be under Cancellation.

If they're worried about having to return mid-trip due to severe illness of a relative, this would be under Trip Interruption.

they should carefully read the wording of these coverages, some are worded such that your presence is required, as to care for the relative, etc.

ken

Ken, great info, exactly what I was looking for. No pre-existing conditions just a worried first time mom that's all. I will look at the "required" requirement in the coverage. If I were to guess a doctor's notation would probably be all that was necessary to meet that coverage requirement and I can't imagine any doctor in the world that would not say/write that "child is hospitalized, childs parent needed to be home"

Thanks again Ken.

Archived