Elite on 10th cruise (credit) of after

Duanerice1

Hi all,

I have 9 cruise credits. Will I become Elite on our next cruise or will it not take effect until after I complete the cruise.

Thanks,

Duane

You will be Elite on the cruise after you comlete the next cruise. It's the crusie after you reach ten credits.

Thanks, that is what I thought. I was reading on the Carnival Board (yes I do weekend cruises on Carnival too :)) that you gain the status on the cruise that will give you the right amount of credits. You don't have to wait until after the cruise is finished.

enjoy,

Duane

Keep in mind this is based on cruise points, not the actual number of cruises. If you've ever sailed in a Concierge Class, or higher category, stateroom you would have received an extra point for that cruise and if you've ever sailed on a cruise of at least 12 nights you would have received an extra credit for that as well.

Since you could earn up to three credits for a cruise of 12 nights or more where you sail in a CC cabin you could become elite after as few as four cruises.

Larry is correct - but there was a start date for the extra points for longer cruises or higher category staterooms. It was after 2001 that the extra point for longer cruises took effect (our Sept., 2001 fourteen night transatlantic cruise only counted for one point). You have to have sailed in Concierge class or higher or sailed on a 12 night or longer cruise after the start date to get the extra point (s).

Archived