VENTURA - Carribean 23-11-12 Anyone going?

pringle

We had pre registered for that one with our travel agents but after the fluid pricing fiasco for the 175 anniversary where they tried to charge 50% more to book we cancelled our registration and will now wait and see if we can get a late booking next year. If no luck for the Ventura then we will try Royal Caribbean or Princess as always something going at a good price. Don't think we will ever book early with P&O again.

We had pre registered for that one with our travel agents but after the fluid pricing fiasco for the 175 anniversary where they tried to charge 50% more to book we cancelled our registration and will now wait and see if we can get a late booking next year.

I don't quite understand the "extra 50%" part...could you explain exactly what they tried to charge you?

Pringle

We had pre registered for the Oriana sailing on 3rd july 2012 for the 175th anniversary sailing and as it was selling quick P&O decided to use the fluid pricing system to hike an inside cabin from £399 to over £600. As we are only sapphire members we could not book until the wednesday and this was done straight away on the morning. The cruise was a sell out even at the vastly inflated prices but at what cost to future bookings as I know we are not alone in deciding never to book early again.

Hi, we've booked on the cruise the following week to you, departing 30th November 2012. We've even managed to book an AE grade cabin :D

Something to look forward to! We last travelled on the Ventura in December 2009 on the same itinerary and had a fantastic time.

Hi, we've booked on the cruise the following week to you, departing 30th November 2012. We've even managed to book an AE grade cabin :D

You are lucky lucky people...we tried to get an AE cabin but they were sold out for the 16th as well as the 23rd, having only two, we didn't really expect to get one.

I did some inquiries on AE cabins before we actually booked and we received conflicting reports on them, some said too small, other said they were great...I was willing to take the gamble but unlucky this time.

We'll have to pop down and see you a couple of days after you've joined the ship to see if you like it ;)

Pringle

You are lucky lucky people...we tried to get an AE cabin but they were sold out for the 16th as well as the 23rd, having only two, we didn't really expect to get one.

I did some inquiries on AE cabins before we actually booked and we received conflicting reports on them, some said too small, other said they were great...I was willing to take the gamble but unlucky this time.

We'll have to pop down and see you a couple of days after you've joined the ship to see if you like it ;)

Pringle

They have two bedrooms, you can always share with them ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Surely somebody else is coming along with us????

Well I would ....but we are on Arcadia as well on the 25th.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Something to look forward to! We last travelled on the Ventura in December 2009 on the same itinerary and had a fantastic time.

We have also booked the cruise departing 30th November 2012. See you there!

• 1 month later...
We go on the 2nd november 2012 and leave on the 23rd in Barbados.We will look after it for you.

That's great but it's only me that's be boarding on that day...no-one else wants to come with me. :(:(:(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived