Can anyone help med choose a balcony room on Marinier?

Hi,

I never had a cabin with balcony before so I don't know exactly which one to choose. All are D2. Is there one of these I should avoid? Obstructed view? Do any of them have a bit of shade?

7246 9638

I really appreciate the help. TIA

Basically the differences between the different balconies are location and a slight size difference. We have sailed on Mariner twice and both times in 8602 which is E1. It is a little off the hump (i.e. center of ship for view). everyone has different preferences. As I tend towards motion sickness, I wanted the most central location (less potential movement impact from up down/side to side). I have a friend that loves Aft as she likes the vibration from the engines. Some like aft cabins as they tend to have larger balconies and you can see where you've been. It's just a matter of personal preferences.

Erika

Thanks Erika

I guess It't not that important, I just don't want a big lifeboat outside the window :)

Absolutely! Generally if you read the cabin details, it will tell you which ones have obstructed views.

Erika

Pick an E1 right on the Hump. Pls. let us know if any are available.

Not sure I know what you mean by Hump.

The D2 is a larger cabin. Give the deck plans a good going over and see what location you think would work best for you. It can be a tough choice if you have not been on a Voyager Class ship. Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks, from what I can see most available cabins left are just by the elevator. I guess it has its perks but I normally avoid those, because of the noise level.

the hump cabins are regarded as the best balc rooms because they are in the middle of the ship and bow out. we have been on this class and loved the aft rooms. big balcony, secluded, and we found it relaxing to watch the wake.

All D cabins are the same size and are a bit larger than all E cabins, also the same size. All aft facing cabins have very large balconies. There is more movement aft and forward,(tho' these big ships handle rough seas very well) so if that is a concern stay toward the middle of the ship. Whatever deck you are on you will not be looking at lifeboats as they are under deck 5 hanging over the promenade deck.

the hump cabins are regarded as the best balc rooms because they are in the middle of the ship and bow out. we have been on this class and loved the aft rooms. big balcony, secluded, and we found it relaxing to watch the wake.

Thanks, that clear things up. So I'm guessing 8620 will work then :)

Not sure I know what you mean by Hump.

Thanks, from what I can see most available cabins left are just by the elevator. I guess it has its perks but I normally avoid those, because of the noise level.

You won't hear a peep booking a cabin by the elevator on RCI ships. It's actually a separate corridor. If you want a larger cabin, book a D2. We are picky about location so we'd choose an E1. Go to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=MA&shipProfile=1366 and study the Mariner deckplan. Look at the aft balconies (fantail) #8690 to 8390. It's very quiet and secluded on the back of the ship. Many like the corner afts, however, these are only partially covered and tend to be hot in the Caribbean. Look at #8620 and #8320 (just an example) as these are the center midship balconies. You'll have a good view and feel less motion than on the aft.

We have been on Mariner seven times. We always booked a "hump" cabin on deck six. The cabins 6318, 6618, 6320 and 6620 are the prime cabins in our view, although all of the hump cabins are fine. We booked deck six because they were cheaper than the higher decks at the time - check your cruise, this may not be the case.

Our reasons for liking these:

• Centrally located, you feel less movement
  • Close to elevators (no noise problem, trust us)
  • Deck six is a one flight walk down to promenade.
  • Your balcony sticks out from the ship and is completely private, no one can see in your little world, but you can peek around the corner and see the other balconies (not that we ever did that ;))

Enjoy the Mariner. We like that ship a lot, obviously.

The cabins 6318, 6618, 6320 and 6620 are the prime cabins in our view

On the Mariner, do their balconies have glass lower panels or steel/metal ?

(Specifically 6618/20)

Thanks

Totally glass balcony fronts on Mariner, even on deck 6

Hi,

I never had a cabin with balcony before so I don't know exactly which one to choose. All are D2. Is there one of these I should avoid? Obstructed view? Do any of them have a bit of shade?

7246 9638

I really appreciate the help. TIA

We took the last Mexican Riviera cruise out of La on the Mariner on January 9th 2011 , we stayed in 8328 it was just behind the "hump" we thought it was a great cabin and location ,it was a bit on the chilly side and being behind the hump made it easy to sit out side and not in the full wind .If you have any other questions just ask, and I will post a link to my review if you care to read it.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=78087

Archived