OBC from TA - question

We've been adding onboard credit to our reservation with paydays, just to budget things out a bit more easily for ourselves. When I get the email confirmation from RCCL, it shows the OBC that I have added to our reservation. It does not, however, show the $165 that our travel agent is supposed to have given us (that OBC is shown on our confirmation documentation on the TA's letterhead, but not on RCCL's documentation).

Should I be concerned that the TA's OBC is not reflected on the "amenity invoice" that I got from RCCL? Or is that normal?

We've been adding onboard credit to our reservation with paydays, just to budget things out a bit more easily for ourselves. When I get the email confirmation from RCCL, it shows the OBC that I have added to our reservation. It does not, however, show the $165 that our travel agent is supposed to have given us (that OBC is shown on our confirmation documentation on the TA's letterhead, but not on RCCL's documentation).

Should I be concerned that the TA's OBC is not reflected on the "amenity invoice" that I got from RCCL? Or is that normal?

Yes, this is normal. Royal does not show non-Royal OBC on their invoices. Once onboard, you should see your TA's OBC on your account by the second or third day of the cruise.

I have an additional question. I want to start putting some credit into my account for my next sailing in July - how do i do this? Do I have to call my TA to have them add it, or can I add it through Royal's website? I've done a quick search through my reservation and the site, and havnt found the answer.

I have an additional question. I want to start putting some credit into my account for my next sailing in July - how do i do this? Do I have to call my TA to have them add it, or can I add it through Royal's website? I've done a quick search through my reservation and the site, and havnt found the answer.

Did you use www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com ? Thats the only thing I can find

As you suspect, once your reservation is owned by a TA, there are restrictions as to what Royal can do for you directly. However, you still can book things like excursions, specialty restaurants, gifts and gear. I think putting credit onto your account falls under gifts and gear, however you can't do it directly from the website. Use the website to find the gifts and gear phone number, then call that number and ask to put credit on your account. This is less hassle than the gift certificate route.

Is an amenity invoice different from a booking invoice? I requested a booking confirmation today and it only shows our OBC from the June 2010 booking incentive (AD12) buty it does not relfect the money that we have applied to this cruise from gift certificates that we had received.

There is no indication on your posting as to when you're sailing.....it's not uncommon for your OBC to not show up until the week you sail. There is no reason for the TA to order the OBC and then have ya cancel.(yes....people do cancel even in penalty) So I wouldn't be excited about this unless you're sailing in the next couple of days (as far as I'm concerned)

I have a question. I keep hearing about people booking through Travel Agents - And I think we didn't do this because we called up RCI to book directly. But our invoice says "CVP AGENT - A MOORE" at the top. Does this mean that we do have a Travel Agent? I'm a little confused.

I have a question. I keep hearing about people booking through Travel Agents - And I think we didn't do this because we called up RCI to book directly. But our invoice says "CVP AGENT - A MOORE" at the top. Does this mean that we do have a Travel Agent? I'm a little confused.

If you booked direct through Royal Caribbean a CVP is a "certified vacation planner" they are basically reservationists at Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Cruises that, I believe, are trained at selling Royal Caribbean/Celebrity cruises product to the public. They are not travel agents.

A travel agent works for an agency - online or at a physical location.

Keep in mind, you can get an expierenced travel agent for "free". It does not cost you to have somebody who knows what they're doing involved in your booking. You get an advocate on your side should you have issues.You think the person that works for RCCL will go to bat for ya as hard as an independent travel agent ??? My travel agent work 7 days a week if I have questions.....these people from RCCL aren't available 7 days a week.(and I'm referring to the person you booked with....ya, other CVP's will be there, but not "yours") A travel agent gets to know your likes/dislikes, dining times, etc and just takes care of it. You call up and say book so and so cruise.....they know what you want and just do it without asking a bunch of questions.......

enjoy your Anniv cruise !

I've used the same TA for OBC and am never sure it will be there until a) I have a card waiting in my cabin when I board stating the OBC and b) it shows up in my account. Only once did it not show up (first Celebrity cruise) and the line was nice enough to let us call and get it straightened out.

Archived