Drinks in the cabin

WATB

Do you mean you took a box of wine on the plane?,was it in your hand luggage [ bought after going through security}, or bought some in the UK

and packed it in your main luggage?It would be good to know the answer:)

thanks, audrey.

Do you mean you took a box of wine on the plane?,was it in your hand luggage [ bought after going through security}, or bought some in the UK

and packed it in your main luggage?It would be good to know the answer:)

thanks, audrey.

We've took a box of red wine a few times in our checked in luggage. No probs! I was a bit worried 1st time but was told by a few people that it was ok. Iv also bought one at airport and carried it on, but it's usually more expensive. It all depends on what weight you have.

Many thanks "BillyElliott",I am paying for an extra suitcase- travelling BA to LA for 28 days on the Arcadia, so i will have plenty of space for the wine, I was just worried how safe the box would be, Ive packed one when sailing from Southampton, no problems, at least we sail all the way back to Southampton-so no weight problems there. I will put some bubble wrap round it and then put it in a large zipped strong plastic bag. I will have to buy some diet coke at Heathrow and buy my bacardi onboard, honest Im not a big drinker, but 28days is a long time,:) anyway thanks again for your prompt reply, take care, audrey.

Daft question maybe ........but there isn't a restriction on liquids in hand luggage when embarking at Southampton is there ??........I just assumed restrictions wouldn't apply as we're not flying anywhere :confused:

Daft question maybe ........but there isn't a restriction on liquids in hand luggage when embarking at Southampton is there ??........I just assumed restrictions wouldn't apply as we're not flying anywhere :confused:

No restrictions on volume, no.

Great, just what I was thinking.........I'm pretty much addicted to diet coke so I want to take a supply in my wheelie case for our cabin, not quite a crate but definitely a stash....... this is all just in case I can't get a mixer pack from the cabin steward as from what I've read you need a mortgage to buy anything in Norway :eek:

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but what does this mean?

We are going on Ventura:- Vigo, Lisbon,Bilbao, & Breast

Hi there Billyelliot - I meant that you can't buy the in-cabin bottles for personal use on board. They are usually about £11 or something like that on P&O when you visit a non-EEC port of call on the itinerary at some point on the cruise.

We have just completed a similar itinerary to yours and no bottles were available ansd as Dia says 20% Vat added to all onboard purchases in shops (not at regular bars)

Hope this makes sense :)

Hi Billyelliot. Bar prices will remain the same - except when in some ports and local taxes apply ie When we were in Spain 8% was added to bar purchases whilst in port and sailing away.

Janey - I think we are saying the same? Turkey is non-EEC and so is Caribbean.

Graham

I'm really pleased I found this thread! I was going to take bottles of wine as I had previously read that the boxes of wine don't travel well in the aeroplane but if some of you have experience of travelling with them, that's good enough for me :D

I have travelled many times to pick up cruises with many many boxes of wine in my cases and they are fine on air travel. I normally take the cardboard off (less weight) and wrap in a bag, never had a problem!:p

Hi Billyelliot. Bar prices will remain the same - except when in some ports and local taxes apply ie When we were in Spain 8% was added to bar purchases whilst in port and sailing away.

Janey - I think we are saying the same? Turkey is non-EEC and so is Caribbean.

Graham

Oh I see thanks, at what stage do the prices reduce then when sailing out of port?

When were at sailaway in Southampton what happens then? Does 20% go on or is that already included? Fascinating lol

Archived