Drinks in the cabin

WATB

Sorry to repeat the question but I can't find the thread I'm looking for....

I know that you can buy bottles of spirits for your cabin from the steward but can you get soft drink/mixers packs from him too.......if so what's the cost please ??

and are there ice machines you can fill up your ice bucket (I'm assuming these are in the cabins ??)

Ice and bucket are available on request from your cabin steward. He will bring this to you daily (or more frequently if required.) He will also bring you lemon slices if you wish - lovely for G&T on the balcony.

You can also order packages of mixers but sorry I do not know the details.

Happy cruising.

Ice and bucket are available on request from your cabin steward. He will bring this to you daily (or more frequently if required.) He will also bring you lemon slices if you wish - lovely for G&T on the balcony.

You can also order packages of mixers but sorry I do not know the details.

Happy cruising.

Gin about £11.00 a Ltr bottle mixers 12 for the price of 9. About 75p each.

Bottoms Up

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

The fridge is empty on arrival apart from a free little bottle of water for each person in the cabin plus the ice bucket is also in the fridge so if you want it filled up with ice just ask your steward.

I suggest you bring a couple of bottles of wine on board (which is permitted) and put those in your fridge. We also brought a couple of cans of coke which we also put in the fridge.

You can buy mixers to go with the spirits and they do a multiple package where if you buy a certain amount you get three free. There are also packages for wine and beer available for the cabin. The mixers seemed a little pricey compared with the rest of the drinks so you would save by bringing some on board yourself however with the spirits where there would be no point. Spirits for the cabin are supermarket prices but the wine is the same price as in the dining room.

P&O also let you bring wine on board at ports to replenish your stocks!

Thanks very much for replying everyone..........that's just the info I was after........we just like to have a 'getting ready for dinner' drink(s!!) to get the party started so want to get the fridge stocked up on day 1 ;)

We don't actually drink that much so not sure if we can get through a whole bottle of spirit, especially was we don't like the same things but I guess we can always bring home a doggy bag :D

Thanks very much for replying everyone..........that's just the info I was after........we just like to have a 'getting ready for dinner' drink(s!!) to get the party started so want to get the fridge stocked up on day 1 ;)

We don't actually drink that much so not sure if we can get through a whole bottle of spirit, especially was we don't like the same things but I guess we can always bring home a doggy bag :D

We didn't get a bottle of spirit either. We found that it was better to bring screw top wine on in England as they don't tend to have screw tops abroad. If you do plan to get more wine in ports, don't forget to pack a corkscrew.

Why risk breakages with a screw top bottle?, why not take a 3l wine box, small, compact, unbreakable and fits in fridge. For 2 people just under a glass per person per day for a 14n cruise, ideal for balcony drinking/pre-dinner drink.

The wine box gets my vote too and it fits perfectly into the fridge!!

But I am not adverse to maybe a modest bottle of bubbly or two as well just in case!!

The little wheely case I use as hand luggage is perfect for both.

I'm really pleased I found this thread! I was going to take bottles of wine as I had previously read that the boxes of wine don't travel well in the aeroplane but if some of you have experience of travelling with them, that's good enough for me :D

When we were on RCI a couple of years ago I had my bottles of Bordeaux confiscated (got them back at the end of the cruise) they overlooked the 5 litre "Box" of red that I had in the same case.

RCI they say is always stricter then P&O , P&O one of the few lines who are so far quite lenient regarding bringing onboard alcohol for cabin consumption only...as long as its not OTT, and you are discreet....People carry crates of the stuff would probably be stopped lol.

The fridge is empty on arrival apart from a free little bottle of water for each person in the cabin plus the ice bucket is also in the fridge so if you want it filled up with ice just ask your steward.

I suggest you bring a couple of bottles of wine on board (which is permitted) and put those in your fridge. We also brought a couple of cans of coke which we also put in the fridge.

You can buy mixers to go with the spirits and they do a multiple package where if you buy a certain amount you get three free. There are also packages for wine and beer available for the cabin. The mixers seemed a little pricey compared with the rest of the drinks so you would save by bringing some on board yourself however with the spirits where there would be no point. Spirits for the cabin are supermarket prices but the wine is the same price as in the dining room.

P&O also let you bring wine on board at ports to replenish your stocks!

I'm on Ventura tomorrow. My previous experience with RCI, NCL & Princess is that this is prohibited. I will now be packing several bottles of wine, & replenishing stocks at the port. Should save me a small fortune on the end of cruise bill!

I'm on Ventura tomorrow. My previous experience with RCI, NCL & Princess is that this is prohibited. I will now be packing several bottles of wine, & replenishing stocks at the port. Should save me a small fortune on the end of cruise bill!

Princess let you bring on wine. You are allowed two bottles of wine and two bottles of champagne per stateroom. We brought on 2 bottles of fizz and a box of white no problem.

RCI have a strict no alcohol policy. However, you can bring on as many soft drinks as you like.

When we were on RCI, we went shopping in Vigo and bought wine in small boxes along with fruit juices also in small boxes, they confiscated the bottles of spirits we had bought but totally ignored the wine.

Just need to be aware that if you are not visiting a non-EEC port - they withdraw the on board in-cabin purchase list.

And charge 20% VAT on all goods bought in the shop.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Just need to be aware that if you are not visiting a non-EEC port - they withdraw the on board in-cabin purchase list.

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but what does this mean?

We are going on Ventura:- Vigo, Lisbon,Bilbao, & Breast

Hi billyelliott, check these links

Non EU Countries

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/customs/customs_duties/rules_origin/article_403_en.htm

EU Countries

http://europa.eu/about-eu/member-countries/index_en.htm

I had to double check as I thought Norway was part of the EU but apparently not so on our Fjord cruise hopefully they will be offering the on board in-cabin purchase list. :D

Archived