Ww Needs Buddies To Lose Alot Of Weight For Nov 27th Cruise. Anyone Interested?

bandit0000

Thanks for all the positive responses Lisa and Ana. I am going to try extra hard just so I can tell everyone that it CAN be done. Keep me on my toes, gals. I need you!!:)

Ana, we both have to do 2 lbs per week consistantly to get to our respective goals!! Come on girl...........we'll do it together!

I don't have a recent picture of myself, but my daughter has a digital camera, so if I can figure out how to intergrate a pic of myself, I will.;)

Ronni

Goodmorning Everyone,

Well, I could not go on my walk this morning Katrina has gotten in my way, but I will be out their tomorrow.;)

I am so glad you are back in the swing Ronni, we really need to get this weight off. I have no doubt we will. I will try to post a picture I just have to figure it out.

I hope everybody has a good day, I have to get into the office a little early this morning, because gas prices are all over the place,:eek: we had one chain in our area that went from 254 to 280 yesterday that is crazy. I did not move any of our stations and we ran out of gas in several of our location.:mad: I will need to move some this morning just so we are not constantly running out. Today, is going to be pretty busy, I will see all of you later.:)

Ana

I didn't exercise yesterday, but I did stay on plan very well. I think I kept my points to 22 or less (normally I get 24). The reason I say, "I think" is because I had chinese food for dinner and I had to do some guessing.

Ana, what do you do that involves you with gas? We've been paying $2.73 for a couple of weeks now............we're likely to go up over the $3.00 mark!:eek: I drive 45 miles each way to work so it really hurts! Fortunately, I drive a honda civic so I get about 30-35 miles per gallon. I put 25,000 miles per year on my car!:eek:

Anyway, I probably won't exercise again tonight, but I might make up for it by going to the gym twice tomorrow!:cool: Then I'll go again Thursday night, Friday morning and again Sat morning before weigh in. <sigh> So much work just to fit into some dumb clothes! So much work just to look semi-decent!;)

Ronni

Hi everyone,

I weighed in today at the end of my first week and had a 6.4 lb. weight loss.

It felt just great. Mostly water I know but very encouraging.

Keep up the good work. It sounds as though we all have clothes that we need to fit into rather than buying over again. Think of the extra cruises or shore excursions we could buy if we only have to buy one size wardrobe.

Ana- to be on the downhill slope to 100 pounds if amazing. Keep it up.

(FYI- Gas here in my part of Canada is about $3.80/gal)

As they say at the meetings- Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Let's keep counting those points and exercise, exercise, exercise- It's not sweat- It's melted fat!

Brenda

goodmorning

I posted and it did not take so, I have to make this short. First, my thoughts and prayers are with those living on the gulf shores.

Ronni, welcome back, it looks like you are back on track again.:D To answer your question I am a Operations manager for a small oil company in my area. I suggest to all of you that you get some gas today, because their is going to be a very big hike in price today and then probably again tomorrow. We are having to put a limit on gas due to allocations set through the terminals. Ronni, thank goodness you have a small vehicle to drive, I hate that you have to drive so far in everyday, although I drive 45 miles a day oneway to work myself and have an Explorer.:eek:

Brenda, Way to go, with your 6.4 lbs weightloss very good. What kind of WOE are you on?

Well I have to go it is going to be a long day with all this gas business going on. I will try to get back on tonight, but it was impossible last night.

Ana:)

Congratulations Brenda, WAY TO GO!!:D

I went to the gym this morning as planned and I still plan to go again this evening. I have a vacation day today and my plans are to do the gym and grocery shopping!

Interesting work, Ana.

Everyone stick to those points (or whatever your daily goal is) and drink your water and exercise. Even sitting in front of the tv you can do leg lifts and your arms can do arm weights. Even if you don't have actual weights you can use cans of vegetables. That's one of the things I've been trying to do more frequently lately.

Ronni

Hope its not too late to joing your group. I am following the WW eating plan, working out with Beach Body Kathy Smith's Project You plan as I get ready for my upcoming cruises. I have been following the plan for 6 weeks and down 10.5 lbs and 7.75 in, slow I know but for whatever reason my body just loves to hang onto this extra weight but I am going to win the battle no matter how long it takes. We leave October 21 on the Dawn Princess and then again November 25th on the Veendam so I need to get complete control over my appetite and exercise. I have read through many of the posts on this board and have seen lots of support being given and also many of you getting close to your goals. My workouts are a little over an hour daily, eating portions are my biggest challenge. Anyone use the workout rooms on board? Did you use a personal trainer or just join the classes and do your own thing? Josie

Welcome, wherenext. What's your name, we try to use each other's real names around here. You're not too late to join. I think 10 lbs in 6 weeks is great! It's slow, but sure and more likely to STAY off!

I did as I had planned and went to the gym twice today. I don't know how many inches I've lost, but I know it's slowly coming off. I've lost 23 and hope to make it to 25 this weekend. I've been on WW since mid April. I used the treadmill and this thing that's not as difficult as stairs, but more difficult than the elyptical. I did a total of 45 minutes each time today and it was 3+ miles each time and a total of 300+ calories each time, so i'm very proud of myself. The second time there, I also did some weights. I can't do much in the way of my arms as I have this shoulder issue.

Well, hope everyone's doing ok. I got gas this afternoon.......cost me $2.87:eek:

Ronni

Ronni thank you for the welcome. My name is Josie. I lost 40lbs several years ago on WW for my sons wedding and due to not working out or paying attention to what I ate it all came right back on. This time it is going to be off for good because I am going to get into the life long habit of exercising. I love to walk and this morning temperature dropped to 59 so it was a wonderful walk. I try and get out first thing in the morning, 7am and then come back to the house and work out with another tape. I am sticking with the program I am currently on until after my October cruise and then I am going to switch to Slim in 6 until the November cruise. After that cruise I am going to continue walking plus working out with one of my library of tapes depending on where I feel my body needs the extra attention. Keep up the great work and I am sure you will hit your goal by this weekend. It is all a process with lots of changes.

Wow, what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: I have had gas lines at all my stations all day long. My managers have really had to put up with a lot of bull----. On my way home I noticed 2 stations at 3.99 a gallon:mad: . That really ticks me off, people like that should be taken out back and wipped with a rubber hose!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Josie, I think your weight loss is great, you are doing a good job.

Ronni. I think you did too much exercising today, but you are on a roll. I am so glad. I didn't get to walk today and I feel awful, but I had to be at work to early. I don't believe I will be able to get it in, in the morning either. I think I will just go do my Gazelle for 30 minutes.

I am going to make this short so I can get everything done before I go to bed, I will talk to all of you tomorrow.;)

Ana

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the encouragement. :) :) :)

Ana- I'm not sure what WOE stands for- but - I'm doing WW core program. I have to go away for a week of meetings in November and I think that I'll switch over to the Flex plan for that week.

Tonight I walked about 8k (5 miles) which is the furthest I've gone in long time.

Welcome Josie- Good Luck with your plan. Two cruises in a short would be a challenge to the sstrongest willpower.

Congratulations Ronni. Getting to the gym twice in one day really shows dedication.

Has anyone ever tried a Pilates class? I've been thinking of giving one a try.

Brenda

Hi; everyone

ww seems to be really working out and congrat's on everyone's weight loss.Iweigh in today and Iwill report back when I get chance.I know I should exercise but I don't, because I do a lot of walking at work and running up and down tons of stairs.I work at a car plant on 2nd shift that is why I get on line so late. My home scale has me down 4 more lbs but I'll see later today what there scale say.Welcome all newbies because Iam one my self and I support everyone's weight loss even if it's .4 lb because we are all struggling to reach a goal.

When praises go up blessings come down and I've been sending out a lot of knee mail for those stricken by the hurricane plus I will be sending a contribution on payday {Friday}Now everyone have a bless day and lets lose some weight.

Oh I hope you do that well today, Maria! good luck!!

Brenda, 5 miles!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Ana, I know you're working really, really hard right now.........this is good wishes and good luck sent your way so you can stay on track, while you're unable to walk/exercise. don't fall off the wagon.

Josie, I know all about losing and gaining it back. I did WW years ago for my cruise and lost 30lb. gained all that back and then some! :cool: Like you said........it needs to be a lifestyle change, not a goal change! I hope I can do this forlife. Heck, I've belonged to the gym since my '99 cruise! (just paid and didn't go for 3 years!!:eek: )

Doing ok, so far this morning.

Ronni

Hello everyone,

I see everyone is doing really well. Congrats on the weight loss Lisa.:) Ronni, I can always count on you for words of incouragement, Thank You!!! I will be back to walking hopefully Saturday. I am to use to my walking to stop. WOE means WAY OF EATING, I try not to eat more than 20 grams of fat a day and no more than 1200 calories a day. I am very used to it now.

I am going to cut it short tonght again, because I am very tired, but I will talk to all of you tomorrow.;)

Ana

Thanks for checking in Ana, it's always great to hear from you.

What does your sign on name mean or stand for? Mine is kind of obvious, but I haven't been able to figure yours out.:rolleyes:

I'm just taking a few minutes out before I head off to the gym. I'm already dressed with sneakers on and book ready. (I read on the treadmill.....makes the time pass quickly; I do 45 mins)

Ronni

Good morning;

good to know everybody is working hard at getting the weight off. I'm down 5lbs, and now the real test comes a cook out this holiday.I think my mind is conditioned to eat right but holiday food can be tempting.So lets make a pat to watch our points and portions during our last summer holiday.

God bless and lets keep New Orleans in prayer,now let's lose some weight ladies.

if it is OK, I am going to join you...have 30 lbs to lose before Dec 17 cruise - I have been waiting tuntil the week of a trip or holiday or event, then telling my fmaily I need to lose 30 lbs in 7 (or 6 or 5) days, but this thme I have a stiff but doable timeframe!

(or I could jsut wait until Dec 10!)

Good job Maria on your 5 lbs that is great!!! Welcome to our new person. Do you have a name???

Hello Ronni, I see you are full steam ahead.... you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My name Beaufoehead comes from a puppy a friend of mine gave me. She brought me this Shar-Pei puppy to work for my birthday, it was just adorable with all the wrinkles all over, well I took it home and could not come up with a name until I just looked at it and said you have such a beaufoehead!!!!!!!!! Well, I had him for 13 years until he passed a year ago he was the best dog. I don't know how that name came to me, but it just did.

Well, we are having the big apple festival today in town and I think I will just go and walk until I can't walk anymore. I heard they had Birkenstocks at the Mast General Store for 30.00 dollars:eek: and I am going to check it out. I am also going to scout for a beauty salon. I have made up my mind to get my hair cut off and the grey washed out!!!!!!!! I am not going to short, because I have had long hair all my life, but at least to the shoulder area. I won't get it cut today I am just in the process of finding someone capable of doing it.

Well, I hope everyone has a good day and sticks to the plan I will talk to all of you later.

well, i lost a pound. i had hoped for 2 and worked really hard for 2, but between the wedding last week and going out with the girls last night, i guess 1 is all it is.:cool: I guess I'm just going to have to work that much harder this coming week and i have 2 picnics this weekend, so needless to say it's going to be a toughy!

welcome, mimi!

congratulations, Maria!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Ana, interesting story about your nick and dog's name!:p Birkenstocks for $30 is quite the bargain!! I have long hair too. I just started coloring my hair in the past 6 months. just a rinse at this point. i don't have too much gray, but it's getting a little more noticable than i like. i haven't had my hair cut short in 11 years, every time i do it i'm sorry. i am getting kind of old for long hair though and i often think about getting it cut short.

Ronni

Hello everyone!

Well I had my last weighin of the week yesterday and it wasn't pretty. On Monday I had lost about 2.5 pounds, which put me down below 40 lbs total loss. Well on Wed. I had gained back that 2.5 and by friday I had gained another 2.5. So now I'm right back where I have been for months. My counselor put me on a new eating schedule. I'm supposed to have certain things for each meal, they say it helps with your weightloss to eat things this way. I know what my problem is, it's the girl who is doing this with me. Most of the time I can resist her "cheating", but last week I didn't and I had a chkn fried steak from KFC. I sat there and watched her eat a bag of potato chips a cupcake more potato chips and then the KFC. I resisted temptation up until the KFC and even then it took alot of convincing. She bought my food and actually ordered it without me knowing. Anyway, she just isn't as commited and it's starting to affect me. I find myself saying oh, I'll just have this one taco and then I'll be good the rest of the week. Then the next day I say, oh, I'll just have a small frappucino at starbucks I deserve it. When actually I don't deserve it at all. So, I'm hoping to take a turn for the better with the new guidelines I was given. My cruise is only 2 months away and I still want to lose another 20 lbs by then or at least 10.

Sara- You need to stop getting on that scale everyday or every other day you are setting yourself up for a fall. The most you should be weighing yourself is once a week. You know this!!!!!!!! That is why you are justifing eating things you shouldn't be eating. Been there done that. This is why I weigh once a month and I haven't been discouraged yet. You can achieve your goal still, but you can not cheat anymore, and your friend is not helping you, she is discouraging you and you need to run away from her FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck.

Ronni- 1 pound is good you have been working out a lot and you are probably gaining muscle, but you will start noticing inches melting away. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!! Ronni you need to maintain at those picnics......you can do it!!!!!!!! I have had long hair all my life and I am getting to old to have long hair. I wear it up in a braid everyday and it is just boring. I found a haircut that I really like, it is a long layered with bangs in the front. I used to wear bangs all the time and they really look good on me, but about 5 years ago I let them grow out. I just need to find someone competent to cut it.

I found a pair of Birkenstocks and paid 30.00 dollars:p . I also bought a pair of really cute Clarks and paid 24.00 dollars for them, I also found some dansko's, but they were a size to small.:( I really hated that to, because they were really cute. I really love getting deals like that I hate to pay retail for things.

Well, I will talk to all of you later

Made the switch to SI6 today instead of the PY program I have been on hoping to jump start my metabolism and trim off more inches. Sounds like the group is working hard to reach their goals. Have a great weekend and we will stay in touch.

Archived