Ww Needs Buddies To Lose Alot Of Weight For Nov 27th Cruise. Anyone Interested?

bandit0000

Hi Girls,

We are all doing well. I was down a pound making my total loss 24.6 so I'm calling it 25!!!!!:p I know according to w.w. I have point 4 to go but geesh! :D

I think that weight watchers is the best way to go. It has been so easy not without it's moments of frustration of course. Overall, however nothing has been so easy. Don't you love to shop now?!?!? I have really noticed lately that my portion control is so there. I just can't eat as much as I use too. It's a great feeling. Stopping when I'm satisfied and not having that stuffed feeling.

Sounds like everyone has been so busy with many many things. Today we went to get the paperwork started for my husband's passport. I already have mine for a few years. I can't believe that our trip is so close. We paid for a couple of shore excursions that we have booked. There is a group of us 38 all together that are going. The person in charge of planning the trip has done such a great job. We just will be showing up! :)

My thoughts are with all of you near the Katrina disaster. Hoping that you are safe & sound.

Always,

Tina

I went to the gym both yesterday morning as well as this morning. I also made a conscientious effort to be good at yesterday's picnic. I think I faired really well!:)

Sara, I'm sorry to hear about your ups and downs, but keep at it...........I know all too well how you feel and you too, can get past this!;)

Ana, you got some great deals! Good for you!! (Maybe I should take shopping lessons from you...hehehe, just kidding.)

Tina good for you and I know exactly what you mean about calling it a round 25! sometimes you need that boost even for your own self! I'm 23.8, but i tell people 24. Heck, since I leave my shoes on while I weigh in, I could take them off and make it 25, probably! When I originally started weighing in, i kept my shoes on, so I want to keep it all equal.

Ronni

Hi Everybody.

It's been so long since I posted that I had to take notes as I was reading thru everyone's messages.

Ana- great shoe shopping. I love to buy shoes. No matter how the weight loss program is going you can always buy shoes. :D Good luck finding a competent hairdresser. Mine recently moved to another city and I'm testing another one with only so-so results. (Nothing like paying $75 to feel like you need a bag over your head.):eek:

Good going everyone on the weight loss and workouts.:) :)

Hi Sara- I agree with Ana - stay way from your cheating partner. Somoene who orders junk food for you and pays for it without you knowing is deliberately sabotaging your efforts.:mad:

I weighed in this morning and was exactly the same as last week. I consider this to be good news as I inexplicably gained 2 pounds between Thursday and Friday. I've been quite careful with the core program and am walking quite a lot but am at the time of life (49) when the time of the month is unpredictable and so are the weight gains and bloating that go along with it. So that combined with a holiday weekend makes me feel not too bad about the whole thing. At least I haven't had a hot flash since I started WW and that alone is enough to keep me on program.

I'm signing up for a basic Pilates program this week. Has anybody tried Pilates??

Keep up the good fight everyone!!!

Brenda

hello everyone,

Brenda goodjob maintaining that sometimes is very hard to do, I know all to well about TOM and water gain I can drink 96 oz of water and not even go to the restroom.:eek: I hate that I feel so bloated out. Well, I glad your back now don't lose your way again.

Ronni- Did you have a good weekend?? I haven't heard from you. I am doing my walking again and I probably will walk in the morning the rest of this week, but starting next week I am going to start walking at night when I get home from work. It has cooled off around here and at night when I get home it is around 73 degrees. It was really nice outside lastnight.

Brenda aren't you from Canada??? If so, thanks for that Canada air. It has really been hot around here and I am ready for fall. Well 79 days until I cruise I can't wait.:D I will have to tell all of you about the problems I have had with my TA, but I have to go for my walk I will catch up to all of you tonight.

Ana;)

I did well at one picnic, but not at my sister's house. I had melty cheese and chips. Nachos. Then, I had a vodka with cranberry and THEN i had an entire peice of cheesecake!!:eek: I didn't go to the gym last night, but I brought my clothes with me and plan to go straight to the gym after work today and tomorrow, then (since I don't work on Fridays) I'll go Friday morning! Maybe all the workouts will help shed those extra calories. One can hope!:rolleyes:

Glad things have calmed down for you Ana. You'll be able to walk afterwork for a little while until it's too dark to do so.

Glad you're back with us Brenda. We have to help each other out. I have a lot to shed before D-day!:eek: I tried on my cruise clothes and I definitely have to lose a minimum of 10 and 20 would be much nicer. I have 10.5 weeks to do it. I have to work harder and with each passing week, dieting seems to get harder adn harder to resist all the temptations. Yesterday was no different. I've been eating salads for lunch for a long time now and yesterday i had a hamburger and 3 onion rings! If that were the only bad thing I did, in itself it would be fine, but Monday I was so bad with the cheesecake and all! Maybe an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill will help!

<sigh>

Ronni

Brenda I understand the WW ups and downs and agree that there is so much advantage to sticking with it even if it is to not have hot flashes. I was forced into and early change at age 29 and suffered for years but now I only struggle with the weight gain it caused me. I have never taken a Pilates class but I have the Windsor Pilates tapes and I love them and really notice the toning. I struggle with a couple of the moves but continue to workout 3 times a week with my Pilates tapes, walk 2 miles daily and do Slim In 6 workout every morning. Weight is coming off slower then I had hoped but I guess I am not the genie and can pop out of my bottle hoping to look like I did at age 19. Hang in there and let me know how the pilates class goes.

The pound that I was proud of losing last week has somehow found it's way BACK!!!:mad: These ups and downs are making me INSANE!! I am discouraged, frustrated and mad. BOY is that mood swings or what!!? It helps to see all of you here with your success and knowing that some of you are right where I am at this very minute.

Walking: starting tonight, I don't like to exercies or glo which is my word for sweat. Much more ladylike! :p

Brenda, Sara, Ronni, Ana, Lisa and all the rest who's names i don't know but read your postings. Just keep hanging in there! Look how far we have come!

Okay girls I have a question?? How do you get rid of the fat around your knees? Now let me explain, I have this fat that is hanging on for dear life:eek: around the sides of my knees, I don't know what I can do to trim them down. My thighs are somewhat chunky too, as for my calves they look fine. So, any advise would be very appreciated.

I tried a chicken recipe out of my low fat book the other night and it was sooooo good, so here is the recipe:

4 boneless chicken breast

Liquid butter buds

Fat free parmesan ( WW has a ff parmesan)

Bread crumbs

Salt and pepper to taste

1 teaspoon of oregano

1 teaspoon of parsley

Dip your chicken in your butter buds and then roll around in the remainders of the ingredients that should all be mix together. Place in a baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and golden brown. 2 grams of fat per serving.

ENJOY!!!!!

I will chime in later girls

Ana;)

ummmm, yummmm, that sounds so delicious Ana!! Thanks! I have no advice for your flabby/fatty knees. Compared to the rest of me, my knees look great. It's every other part of me that needs help! :p

I went to the gym, as planned. I did a minimal of weights and 35mins on the treadmill, which was 2.2 miles. I wanted to do 5 mins on the step master, but i was too embarrassed to do it next to someone doing it for 45mins. So i just left.:(

I'll try again tomorrow night. It's difficult, as I can't come home too late and start dinner at some strange really late hour. (noooooooo, hubby does not start or help make dinner.:rolleyes:)

Tina, I know your frustration all too well. Keep on trucking as the saying goes. Don't let it discourage you............you'll lose it........again!

The thing I really have to do is get back on the band wagon and write down and keep track of my points.

Ronni

Ronni- Who cares who is standing next to you nor how long they are going to be on that particular machine, if you want to get on that stair stepper for one minute you do it!! We all cheat a little on our WOE sometimes you have to so you completely fall off the wagon, just as long as you are eating right the next day.

I have another recipe for a lemonlicious cake that I will give all of you with only 5 grams of fat per slice:), but that will take some time to type and I have to go for my walk.

Where is everybody???? Ronni are we the only ones from the first group of people still on these boards? Well, gotta go see all of you tonight.

Ana;)

Ana, it seems like we are the only ones left. No more Jean, Lisa and Kitty are only here minimally, Sara's here sometimes, but not too often..........it's us against the world, Ana............but guess what? We're gonna be the ones looking svelte this time next year....right??!!!!:p

Lemon cake sounds wonderful............need to get those sweets sometimes! I still eat a WW ice cream almost every night. Even though I've currently changed my WOE, I know I could go back to my old ways in a heart beat! I constantly say no to myself, about everything. About getting a second helping, about having that slice of bacon about eating that bowl of soup, about having french fries or donuts or whatever! It's not ingrained yet. Now, i keep saying to myself how much I want to fit into my new clothes! how much i NEED to fit into my new clothes!

Between doing all the research on CC for my ports of call and other interesting tidbits, it helps me to keep busy and not sit down with a bag of chips or something. Although, night before last I ate an immense amount of pretzels!:cool:

Well, goodluck to all today...........drink your water!

Ronni

OK, I am back, also. Saturday we went out for our 29th anniversary and then Monday was Labor day, but I am on a roll, losing 3 lbs. since Monday - and am getting on the treadmill daily. Tuesday was lifting weights by loading and unloadiong 6 vans with donations from church for Katrina refugees - that counts doesn't it???

Mimi, it most certainly does count. Every little bit counts! Congratulations!:D

Sara, CONGRATS to you also!!:D Glad to see you're here with us!! we miss you!

well, i didn't go to the gym tonight. but i will most definitely go in the morning and maybe i'll go for a real extended period of time. maybe i'll do the treadmill for like 4 miles or something crazy.

i have to keep my dinner very light as i had snacks (appetizers) at the end of the day at work today. some fruit, but i think i had 3 hotdog weenies and 5 of these mini rolled chicken things..........finger food. but the points sure do add up!:eek:

keep it up girls!

Ronni

Why is everything we LOVE LOVE so fattening. lol I have such mixed feelings about food. I don't want to eat it because it will make me gain those dreaded pounds but then I do want to eat eat eat. lol I just want to get to that GOAL.

I spoke with my leader today and it seemed to help me. She's asked me to send her daily my journal. She's going to send me hers. lol She thought maybe next week I should try core. I'm afraid that core will be tough for me but at this point I'm going to give ANYTHING a try. :p I did 30 minutes of walking last night. Was planning on it tonight but LIFE got in the way. So tomorrow for certain.

Congrats to all of you in your success this week. I have been helping as well with a fundraiser for my supervisor's family/friends that were in LA. Many have lost their homes and all their possessions. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Tina

Sarapdot, first off hello. I'm new to this board, so I don't know which weight loss plan you are using. I saw your reference to a power plan and was curious because not only have I stopped losing weight, I've been packing it back on. Just curious what the power plan was all about. I have to turn this around!

thanks!

miagirl - I am on LA weightloss. The "power plan" is

1 serving each of Fruit, Dairy and Starch for Breakfast

snack (if you're on LA it's one of their bars)

1 serving each Protein, Veg. and Fruit for Lunch

snack (another bar if your on LA)

1 serving of Protein and Starch and 2 servings Veg for dinner

snack= 1 serving of Fruit

Normally we can have all these foods in whatever combination we want within a day. This is made up by the manager of the office. She has been there for like 7 years or something. You know what suprises me though? All the ladies who have been working there for a long time and are supposed to be our examples are not real slim themselves!:confused: They tell us what to eat and how to cook it and in some cases when to eat what, but they aren't thin! How am I supposed to look at them and say "Oh, this plan must really work!"??? I'm so confused!:confused:

Hello everyone I all your win's with our battle of the fat and even though our setback's are discouraging hang in there,because we shall defeat fat and this will become a thing of our past.Well ladies I am only down 1 lb because of the Holiday. I have you ladies know I fry fish real good lol that is what we cooked out in the turkey fryer and ribs on the grill but that is behind me now. I have been walking and that probably gave me my 1lb lost,boy Iam grateful for the 1lb because I was thinking I gained.

I'm still praying for all who live's were turned upside down by Katrina.Now let's lose some weight ladies!

sarapdot, Thanks! I'm off to a good start this morning, I had fruit and cereal for breakfast. In case anyone is interested, I've just started eating Special K low carb - 100 calories, 3g fat, 5g FIBER and 10 g protein. I must admit that I think most low carb things taste like cardboard, but this doesn't. I'm really glad to see starch on the plan for the evening as I can't do without some sort of rice or pasta or potatoe at night. I'll give this a try this weekend and let you know.

re the counselor's at LA weight loss - maybe they have lost a bunch of weight and are still on their way? Also some peoples goal weight might be larger than we would want ourselves? Most people don't think I'm overweight, but I've gained more than 35 pounds in 3 1/2 years and can't stand it.

ok, ladies......i was good at the gym today, but not great with the food. i had cereal and fruit for breakfast......ok, not so bad. then i had chinese food for lunch. in and of itself, not so bad, but i ate too much of the fried rice. usually when i get chinese, i don't eat the rice. :( then i moved on to eat the won ton soup.:( for dinner i ate a slice of pizza. only 1 slice, so i guess that's not so bad, but i feel like i over did it.

i did the elyptical for 20mins, then the bike for 20 and then the treadmill for 20. the total was about 4 miles and 400 calories.:)

i need to tone down my eating and re-start tracking my points again. i got to get back on the band wagon. I'm never going to lose 2 pounds per week for 10 weeks at the rate i'm going. :mad:

glad to hear everyone else is doing ok.

Ronni

HI everyone,

Maria- It's great that you got thru a holiday and still lost weight.

Ronni- I don't know why they call that stuff finger food :mad: - it should be called hip or thigh food. Hope you had a good workout the next day.

Anna & Ronni- It's too bad that most of your original group has dropped away. You should be proud that you are both sticking to your plan and working toward your goals. We newbies will support you too.

I'm having a good week- feels like I'm losing. I'm not completely sure because I'm trying to have enough discipline not to hop on the scale every five minutes. I'm sticking to the WW core plan, walking a lot and started a Pilates class . My instructor is my age and looks like a 20 year old gymnast. It's a little depressing, but I think I'm going to enjoy it except for the sore abs. We're told to image trying to pin our navel to our backbone. That's a long hard trip for my navel.

Have a good weekend everyone.

I'm still here.:cool: I just haven't been posting as often. I have been reading instead. I'm not happy with my weghtloss at the moment. I weighed in yesterday and had gained back the 2.2 I lost as of wed. This sucks~~:mad: I think I am going to start walking again. I was walking in the mornings then I was staying after work with a workout buddy, but he is now in the police academy and isn't at work to stay with me. All of my other suposed workout buddies always find some excuse not to stay. So, I think I will start walking in the mornings again. I haven't been exercising for about a month now. I might go to the gym about once a week but that's it. So, if I can get my lazy butt out of bed in the morning I will start walking again. My cruise is about 6 weeks away and I am not even close to where I wanted to be. But, I don't want to lose to much more before then or all the clothes I bought won't fit.:o I'm looking for anywhere from 10-20 pounds by the end of Oct.

Well, hope everyone has a good weekend! I have to work!:rolleyes:

I'm looking for that same loss by mid november, Sara. We'll do it together. Your issue seems to be lack of exercise and mine seems to be too much or not the right foods. I went to the gym first thing this morning and i did 35mins on the bike and 20 mins on the treadmill. i think i need to get back to more on the treadmill and less of the "easy way out". i did do 100 sit ups and some arm stuff, though. i'm going to try extra hard this week to eat less and better. today's normally weigh in day, but the church it's held at is having a flea market today, so there's no WW. scale at gym has me either the same as a week ago or maybe half a pound down. that's not good, since i'd really like to lose 2pounds per week!:(

Keep it up Brenda, if you feel you're doing well, you probably are!:p

so wish me luck and keep me motivated to eat right this week!

Ronni

Thanks for all the support, it really has helped a great deal.

Sara- we know you are still around you tune in every once in awile, great to know you are still around. You need to get moving that will restart your weight loss.

Ronni- YOU WILL EAT RIGHT THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!:p You have 2 lbs a week to lose, so you better eat right. I will go to the Dr. next week to see how I did for the past month. I believe weighing only once a month has kept me going. I would go crazy with the ups and downs of weekly weighing. I went and bought some shorts for the cruise today, so I to must stay very motivated. Dillards is having a very good sale on summer clothes 75% off summer clothes and bathing suits. I haven't been yet, but I will be going on Monday. My friend went today and bought a Nautica bathing suit for $12.00 dollars:eek: and told me about a lot of other good things. I hope all of you have a Dillards???

Don't forget the Big Fat Loser starts next Tuesday on NBC I really like that show.

Well gotta go,

Ana;)

Ana, I liked that show too, last season. Amazing results. Difficult temptations. I liked the one where the person who ate the most junk got a visit from a loved one. They all decided together who would eat the most, then no one ate anything except the one person who was chosen and he ate one donut. I mean, what willpower is that???!!!! I was proud of all of them.

We don't have Dillards in the NYC and surrounding areas, but we have Macy's which is almost the same, but up here bathing suits and shorts went onsale weeks ago. Once labor day came that was the last of the sales and it's all winter stuff around here now. I did take advantage for my husband or he'd being wearing holy boxers and nothing else. His wardrobe was a little sparse. Mine is too..........I'm not sure what I did, but NOTHING fits me. I think when I was a size 14 I wore it until it was so tight that I had to buy clothes and when I went shopping I was an 18. So, right now I'm a 16. My 18's are too big and my 14's don't quite fit yet. I could wear them, but they'd be awful tight and I don't like wearing clothes like that, even though I must have done just that a few years ago!:eek: I did wear one suit this week that fits nicely, which I had only worn a handful of times before it didn't fit me. I bought it for my son's christining (he's 11)!!! That made me feel good and 10 more pounds and I'll fit in some more stuff, but to fit into the swimsuits I bought, I think I really need to lose 20 and then the new shorts would look good too. 10 and the shorts will fit, but 20 and they'll look great. So this morning I started off with a bowl of rice krispies. Usually I eat granola or a half bagel, so I feel I'm starting off well.

Ana, you and I will be able to share our losses together. You, after a month and me after 2 weeks.

I'm going to try extra hard and I'm going to talk about it a lot. Yesterday I did OK.....I probably went into flex points by about 5. I really didn't want to use any flex, so today I'm going to try harder!:o

Sorry for rambling,

Ronni

Archived