Ww Needs Buddies To Lose Alot Of Weight For Nov 27th Cruise. Anyone Interested?

bandit0000

Way to go Sara!

Right now I'm enjoying some brown rice w/re-fried beans and salsa! I love that kind of stuff. That's what I like about WW... still able to eat what you like and not be so restrictive with carbs! Tonight I'm trying a WW recipe called Lazy Cabbage. It has Italian sausage, cabbage, tomato (and some other things) all baked in a 9x13 pan. Sounded good and easy and only 4 points for 1/6th of a pan! That's a pretty large serving! I'm sure my DH will love me later after eating re-fried beans and cabbage today though! :eek: Watch out! LOL!

Drink your water!!!

Jean

Sara,congrats on your loss...

Jean,could you please post the cabbage recipe for me...I love cabbage and 4 pts sounds great.

Trying to get back into the swing of things after being on vacation. I weigh in on Saturday and I am at least hoping for a maintain at best..

kitty

Kitty~ Here's the recipe.

Lazy Cabbage- 4 points per serving

1 lb. bulk Italian sausage (I used 4 links out of the casing)

1 medium onion- chopped

1 green pepper- chopped

4 cups shredded cabbage

2 28oz. cans diced tomatoes (drain one)

1/2 cup Minute rice (dry)- I used brown rice

Brown meat, onion and pepper. Drain any fat. Combine all ingredients together in a sprayed 9x13 pan. Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours. May be topped with salsa before serving. ( I topped my seving with a little grated parmesan cheese!)

Serves 6 = 4 points

or

Serves 4 = 6 points

It's a little like stuffed peppers or stuffed cabbage rolls, if you like that!

I have a great link to all sorts of WW recipes. I'll try to find it and post it here. I've made several things these past few days and ALL were really good. I'll post more recipes in the future if you are interested.

Does anyone have the recipe for the Angel food cake with pudding or mandarin oranges or something like that? I can't remember what exactly it was. I remember a recipe too that I made years ago when I was on WW. It was cottage cheese, drained crushed pineapple, plain yogurt and a pkg. of sugarfree orange jello. That was REALLY good! I'm getting a sweet tooth lately and I need to make something yummy! :D

Have a great night everyone. I'm off work the rest of the weekend so I'll be checking in more. ;)

Drink your water!

Jean

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the recipe.It looks great.

The angel food cake recipe I have is as follows:

1 One step angel food cake mix

1 regular size can of crushed pineapple

Mix both ingredients together with nothing else and cook in a bundt pan or 24 cupcakes and cook according to box directions.

kitty

Kitty~ That sounds good too, but it isn't the one that I'm thinking of. The one I'm thinking of is you bake the cake as usual then slice it horizontal and fill it w/fat free pudding and fruit and then I think you top it w/fat free cool whip. I guess I could come up with my own recipe and then just figure out the points! I just got back from shopping and I did pick up an angel food cake mix, pudding and mandarin oranges. I'll give it a whirl and let you know. I also got come WW fudge bars. 1 point each. Have you tried those? Wondering if they're any good. I'll try one later after lunch.

I weighed in this morning and I'm the same as Saturday. I need to get moving and really get serious about exercising. I'm thinking about picking up a treadmill this weekend. I've wanted one for a long time. A friend of mine is moving and trying to get rid of hers... if she still has it, I'll take it... otherwise I'll go buy a new one.

Well, it's housecleaning time! Fun times!

Jean

Jean,the fudge bars are good....Also,if you can find them where you are the No Pudge Fudge bars are also very good and 1pt each. Trying to lose weight is very hard. I like to walk and that is about all the exercise I really like to do....

kitty

Well, I had my last weighin of the week today and I am down another .6 pounds. I'm happy with it. This weekend I am going to do a two day "jump start" on my diet and hopefully by monday I will be down like 4 more pounds. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Oh my gosh! That cake is SO good! I used the fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding mix ed w/ alittle less milk and folded in 1/2 container of fat free cool whip and 1/2 pkg. dry sugarfree orange jello. I split the cake in half and filled it w/the pudding mixture and then topped it with the remaining cool-whip and mandarin oranges. I figured that a 12th of the cake (which is a nice size serving) is 4 points. Tastes like a Dreamsicle!

Sara- Way to go with the .6 ! I always say any loss is still a loss!

Kitty- the fudge bars ARE good! Problem is... I don't when to stop eating them and I can eat 2 or 3 a day! So it's best sometimes if I just don't buy those things. I did, by the way eat 3 yesterday! :eek: One point each though, so that's not bad. I just have to control myself!

Gotta run for now. Excuse any typos if there are...using a new computer and I just can't get the feel for it yet! 1st time on a lap top. I'm sure I'll like it when I get a feel of it.

Have a great day!

Jean

Lisa- Wow! That's great news! Keep up the great work!

Well, I'm about to eat a frozen WW dinner since no one else is home for dinner tonight. Had salad for lunch and didn't want to do that again for dinner.

Question to all: What is your favorite WW frozen dinner? Wait... did we ask that the other day or was that on another thread? Just wondering.

My meeting/weigh-in is at 9:30am tomorrow. I'll be sure to check in here as soon as I get home and I hope it's good news! :D

Have a great evening everyone and drink your water!

Jean

Sara and Lisa,congrats on the losses.....

Jean good luck tomorrow at weigh in..I do online only and I am considering going back to meetings:cool:but that depends on if I get laid off or not from my job...

The cake sounds very good....I will have to try that at my next get together.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I have been off program since going to Arizona last Thursday but as of tomorrow I am SERIOUSLY back on program....

kitty

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this thread for a few weeks and all of you have given me sooooo much inspiration. I have a cruise on Nov. 25th and want to lose 60 pounds, I know I can do it, because I have lost 40 pounds since Thanksgiving. I am not doing WW but I am on a 1200 calorie a day and 20 grams of fat a day, and drinking 100 ounces of water a day. I only weigh myself the first of every month, because the scale goes up and down to much week to week.

I was not really doing much exercising until I started reading this thread. I have started walking a mile in a half a day for about three weeks now. I know I have jumpstarted my weight loss again, because my clothes are falling off of me, but I don't weigh until May 1. I can't wait. I will let everyone know my results, and thank you for all the encouragement.

Ana

Boy this weekend is gonna be hard!!:eek: I am only allowed 6oz of protein and 2 half cup servings of vegi's a day, plus the juice. I know the juice has all the vitamins and mineral that I would be getting from more food, but gosh! I want to eat more!:( Wish me luck!:D

Hi Ana,

You are more than welcome to join us! I am going on a cruise the day after you so lets all lose together.

60lbs. you can do it and it's great you have started exercising, I need to take up swimming again as that helps me lose, (just need to make the effort).

I am weighing twice a week, not ideal but it is keeping me on track. I weigh in at WW on a Tuesday and I am also doing a sponsored slim for charity through work and we weigh in every Friday.

Anyway it's nice to hear from you and look forward to hearing what your loss is when you weigh in, in May.

Keep up the good work,

Lisax:)

I don't think I would do as well if I only weighed in once a month. I need to be accountable for my weight on a regular basis!:p 60 pounds will be easy! My goal is to lose about 50 more by my Oct 30th cruise. According to the team at LA it is totaly possible. So, I know you can do 60. I'm not really exercising like I would like to and I'm still losing. Keep up the good work!

I'd like to join in on this. I rejoined WW three weeks ago and have lost a total of 7.5 pounds. My husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary in January with a cruise through the Panama Canal. I reallllly want to lose about 60 pounds by then.

Beth :)

Great news... I was down another 1.6 at this morning's meeting! So that's 8.4 pounds in only 2 weeks on WW! I'm down a total of 38.4 pounds and hope to make that 40 by next week. Then I am half way to goal! I would like to be at goal by the end of the year and for sure by my next cruise in February. That should not be a problem! :)

Ana~ Welcome! YOu are doing GREAT to have lost 40 since Thanksgiving! Way to go! You should have no problem getting to goal by your cruise if you just stick to it! Glad you joined us here... you will get the added insipration and motivation we all need!

I agree with whoever said they need to weigh weekly. When I 1st started "dieting" in August, I waited a whole month before weighing in the 1st time because I didn't want to become dicouraged. Patience payed off and I was down 15 pound in the 1st month. Since then I weighed once a week. There were several weeks that I didn't weigh at all cuz I was "bad" and by the time I did weigh in... 7 pounds had crept back on. So no matter what now, I make myself weigh weekly to keep things in check.

Lisa~ I need to start an exercise program too. That's the hard part for me. The food and planning is easy, it's moving and staying motivated to exercise that has always been a hard one for me. I know I will feel better if I do exercise. No excuses anymore...

Beth~ Welcome and congratulations on a great start on WW! 25th on the Panama Canal sounds great! DH and I did our 20th in Alaska and hope to do our 25th in New Zealand if we can, otherwise Hawaii is our 2nd pick.

Well, I'd better busy myself here. Typing isn't much exercise!

Keep up the great work everyone! Sounds like everyone is motivated and doing well!

Jean

Thanks for the welcome, Jean.

My weigh-in at WW is Wednesday, so I will post again then.

I agree that exercise program is hard to get off the ground. For now, I'm concentrating on moving around more.

Beth

Potluck tomorrow at church and I'm suppse to bring a main dish and an appetizer. So I searched on line for some WW recipes and decided just to make deviled eggs made w/non fat plain yogurt and then I'm making a chicken fried rice dish that is not WW, but it's very healthy and I'm sure I can figure out the points without too much trouble.

I was out shopping and didn't get home for supper until kind of late so I just popped in a Ww frozen dinner. I had the stuffed turkey and veggies and I thought that was pretty tasty. I like the stuffing. Tastes like Thanksgiving.

Well, nothing else new for now. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Jean

Well, today was the first day of my two day "take off". It was hard and when I came home to a house that smells like pizza, cause my husband is cooking one, I decided that I better just go to bed and save myself the heartache!!:( This better pay off or I'm not doing it again. I would kill for some peanut butter right now!:eek:

Sara,sorry to hear your having a rough weekend...it's almost over..

Beth and Ana welcome to our board...Lots of support here.

Exercising is hard for me too...due to a bulging disc about the only thing that does'nt bother me is walking and when the weather cooperates I do that...

To those who have weighed in this week and lost....CONGRATS

Kitty

The church luncheon went fine! I wasn't tempted in the least. I ate my chicken stir-fry that I made cuz I knew what was in it. I had made deviled eggs, but they were all gone by the time I got in line, so I had some watermelon and 2 triscuits and a piece of cheese. No desserts for me either- and there were TONS of those. Funny how when I am motivated, being around food doesn't bother me! It's just not worth it.

It is cold and VERY windy here today. Not much of a day for yard work. So time to get busy with inside chores. Laundry is calling my name!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jean

Happy Monday! Just a quick Hello and I have to pack my lunch for work. I can't remember if I told you on this thread yet or not... but I work in a doctor's office and every day we get a catered lunch brought in by the drug reps. That's how I gained most of my weight over the last few years. I started packing my own lunch since I've been in Ww and it makes a huge difference. I'm not tempted at all by the stuff. Not only do we get lunches, but treats, snacks and candy are brought in every day by patients and the drug reps. I've wanted to look for a different job several times just to get out of that enviroment! I'm so motivated right now though that the stuff is not even tempting. I hope I can keep that up!

Have a great day everyone!

Jean

Archived