Join a roll call!!!

JPH814

I just got off the Carnival Dream. Our roll call had over 200 participants and almost 200o posts. We had three meet and greets on board with 70 people attending one of them. It was a blast comparing notes for the past 6 months or more with people, talkiing about our excursion plans and preparations. Walking around the ship, we frequently ran into people from the roll call and shared a meal or a drink or hung out at the comedy club or shows together.

I encourage you to stop by the thread for your upcoming cruise and introduce yourself. You can learn a lot - and help out others by sharing your information. It made anticipating and taking our last cruise so much more enjoyable.

If you are booked on the Glory sailing on July 30 2011, stop by the roll call thread and introduce yourself

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1264291

I just got off the Carnival Dream. We had over 200 people on our roll call who have been "talking" over the past 6 months. I met many of them on board and had a great time.

If you are booked on the Glory sailing on July 30 2011, stop by the roll call thread and introduce yourself

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1264291

I just got off the Carnival Dream. We had over 200 people on our roll call who have been "talking" over the past 6 months. I met many of them on board and had a great time.

Did you really have to post this 2x?

Did you really have to post this 2x?

No - it was a mistake, but once you post it you can't delete it.

I did want to have a generic thread about roll calls and a specific thread about the Glory 7/30. It is weird - we are less than about 3 months away and there are only about 8 people on our thread....by this point we had over 150 for our Dream cruise roll call.

Hope it did not upset you too much

No - it was a mistake, but once you post it you can't delete it.

I did want to have a generic thread about roll calls and a specific thread about the Glory 7/30. It is weird - we are less than about 3 months away and there are only about 8 people on our thread....by this point we had over 150 for our Dream cruise roll call.

Hope it did not upset you too much

LOL.....It has me all tore up , shame on you...

In my experience, some roll calls just "click" while others don't. One roll call I participated in was AWESOME. I used to live in Round Rock, TX and there was a family in the roll call coming from there. Well, they were kind enough to bring me some famous Round Rock donuts!!!! How nice was that?

I noticed the moderators deleted a couple of our responses to Thestapels "Did you really have to post this 2x?" comment. That person added absolutely nothing to the thread. Just doesn't seem right he can spew distateful comments to this simple mistake and when we call him on it, BAM, we're the bad guys. scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-design.gif

LOve the roll calls!

We had an amazing rc for our first cruise last October (on the Dream as well). Our cruise this past January was very inactive and somewhat disappointing. The rc for our upcoming cruise in October is very active and I am loving getting to know those that I'll be cruising with.

I am also very fortunate to have been able to meet some amazing people on our first cruise thanks to the roll call and some that will be life long friends.

You truly never know who you will meet on the roll calls...and it's not like it costs you anything to post and see where the conversations lead you.

Guess I should have worded it to say, "did you mean to post this 2x?

Ok, my bad maybe? It was just the tone and so many posters posting just to intimidate or putdown an OP.

I'm sorry.:o

Anyways, my experience with the roll call meet and greets has been great lately also. Years ago it was hit or miss and mostly miss.

We're now cruising with several other couples that we've met on roll calls of previous cruises. In fact we stayed on St Martin with a couple we met on a cruise and now headed to the east coast for a vacation with the same couple.

Great fun, great people, cruisers. :D

Archived