South Friars Bay Review (4/18/11)

Feelin' Nauti'

It looks so secluded (which I love!) but did you feel safe there? Are there other bars nearby? I'm picturing us getting there fairly early in the day and wondered how many other people would be around.

Also, are there taxis there to take you back or do you need to make arrangements with the cab that drops you off?

Thanks!

It looks so secluded (which I love!) but did you feel safe there? Are there other bars nearby? I'm picturing us getting there fairly early in the day and wondered how many other people would be around.

Also, are there taxis there to take you back or do you need to make arrangements with the cab that drops you off?

The day we arrived, it did seem secluded. Wasn't crowded at all.

Felt like we had the beach to ourselves.

We were the first ones on the beach.

As the day progressed people started to straggle in.

There were plenty of empty loungers.

You should arrange for a taxi for your return trip to town. There are taxis there occasionally but most are picking up the fares that had prearranged their return trip to the port. We will be there in 8 weeks for a week.

That's what we did.

Just told the driver the time.

He was there waiting for us.

I was just in St Kitts last week, and there seems to be a problem with the roads thanks to Tropical Storm Irene in Aug/Sep. All the taxi drivers were taking people to Frigate Bay instead, so depending on when you're going, Friars might not be an option.

The taxis are also reluctant to go to Cockleshell because of the roads, so you might have to settle for whatever's available when you visit. I finally did get a taxi to Cockleshell, but that was after waiting for over an hour.

I was just in St Kitts last week, and there seems to be a problem with the roads thanks to Tropical Storm Irene in Aug/Sep. All the taxi drivers were taking people to Frigate Bay instead, so depending on when you're going, Friars might not be an option.

The taxis are also reluctant to go to Cockleshell because of the roads, so you might have to settle for whatever's available when you visit. I finally did get a taxi to Cockleshell, but that was after waiting for over an hour.

This is a good update.

Hope people who decide to head to SFB, ask the TD's where they are going. :eek:

This happened to us in the Bahamas. :mad: We weren't happy. Not due to the weather. I asked the driver to take us to Paradise Island to a beach called Paradise, Paradise. We spent a week there and loved it....Well the drive took us to Atlantis hotel....and just dropped us off. :( We had to walk the outer part, since they didn't allow non paying guests to us the beach...We had to walk about a half hour to get to a public beach. :mad:

Archived