Booking Question?

Trailhed1

I tried to search this but had no luck, I am sure it has been asked before but here goes.

If I know which dates and ship I want for may 2012, what advantages are there if any to booking it while on board?

If you book a B2B do you get any incentives besides the feeling of wooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Extra OBC?

Can I choose exact cabin number if booking on board?

Or is it better to work with carnival on shore? For booking?

There is NO difference booking onboard vs waiting to book until you get home.

You can buy a FCC which gives you OBC for each cruise.. B2B2B... you can buy 3 FCCs and apply them.

Unless you just cant wait or you plan on booking multiple cabins, Id wait until you got back home. (because imo the FCC reps are good at selling, but dont know as much as they should about booking issues). Better off if you have a PVP with Carnival who is really good, wait to book with them)

Every cruise is treated as a separate cruise, so no there are no incentives if you book more than one at a time.

Id wait until you got back home. (because imo the FCC reps are good at selling, but dont know as much as they should about booking issues).

...I certainly agree with Firefly regarding the above statement. Unless you feel it is a necessity, enjoy your cruise and wait to book until you get home.

...The FCC reps do their job very well. They will take the time to explain the conditions of the FCC's and tell you how to use them on an upcoming cruise. BUT, I'm not sure that the laptops they are using are wi-fi enabled, so they may or may not have access to current booking codes/specials and cabin availability. Find a good PVP and use their experience. ...Hope this helps...

I heard a FCC agent tell a group that if the price dropped they could get the price drop. I said did you know that only with ES can you get price drops after final payment. Nope, he didnt know that ..(he doesnt deal with bookings past the initial bookings). He said besides, "I always book everyone ES for Alaska", which is what the hour talk was about.

Iv heard them make many such simple mistakes.

We didn't get anything on our B2B either.

The advantage to booking while on board with a FCC is you can get certificates for friends who book the exact same cruise as you within 60 days and they can get the OBC also.

I'm sure the future cruise desk people can actually book a cruise because I can get the TA website up when I'm cruising and I can book a cruise.

Archived