Do they let handicapped with early flight OFF first?

Missiowa

We are thinking of self debarkation but my hubby is handicapped and walks very slow, if he is rushed at all, he falls(has MS). My question is, our ship comes in @ 8am in Miami. We have a flight to catch @ FLL by 1130am. We are thinking of catching a cab due to it being the fastest way to get to FLL. We are on the Lido deck of the valor so I'm not sure of our zone or level to get off the ship. If we self debark and he is handicapped, is there anyway they will let us off the ship first so he won't have a risk of falling or getting trompled on ?

Yes, they have early debarkation for both handicapped and people with early flights. Check with guest services onboard and they will assist you.

... along with 300 others. We had all the VIP/platinum and suites and then people who said they had early flights and all their friends.

It was still pretty rushed.

HC does not disembark before platinum and VIP for suites, sometimes the same time though.

PS Im assuming OP that you do not mean you need wheelchair assistance, you just want to get in line with everyone else who says they have a early flight.

Wheelchair assistance, can often be dead last. I once waited 4 1/2 hours.

... along with 300 others. We had all the VIP/platinum and suites and then people who said they had early flights and all their friends.

HC does not disembark before platinum and VIP for suites, sometimes the same time though.

PS Im assuming OP that you do not mean you need wheelchair assistance, you just want to get in line with everyone else who says they have a early flight.

Only 300? It seems like everyone thinks that they are special these days and deserve special consideration.:p

I do think people who earned platinum or suites who paid for it by booked a suite should be off before everyone and their mother who says they have a early flight. You just have to tell the purser's desk you have a early flight and they give you the location to get off with VIP. VIP isnt all its cracked up to be.

debarkation especially, but often embarkation I just have it in my mind its going to be a zoo, no matter what cruiseline.

I do think people who earned platinum or suites who paid for it by booked a suite should be off before everyone and their mother who says they have a early flight. You just have to tell the purser's desk you have a early flight and they give you the location to get off with VIP. VIP isnt all its cracked up to be.

debarkation especially, but often embarkation I just have it in my mind its going to be a zoo, no matter what cruiseline.

I was just commenting on this the other day.

Carnival clearly tells folks do not book a flight before noon....people ignore this and Carnival rewards the irresponsible behavior with our VIP perks.

And then (like on our last cruise) these same people have to audacity to complain that "all these Platinum people" are ahead of us. :rolleyes:

We are thinking of self debarkation but my hubby is handicapped and walks very slow, if he is rushed at all, he falls(has MS). My question is, our ship comes in @ 8am in Miami. We have a flight to catch @ FLL by 1130am. We are thinking of catching a cab due to it being the fastest way to get to FLL. We are on the Lido deck of the valor so I'm not sure of our zone or level to get off the ship. If we self debark and he is handicapped, is there anyway they will let us off the ship first so he won't have a risk of falling or getting trompled on ?

Debarkation is going to be a zoo. Waiting on a wheelchair from Carnival can be time consuming as well.

Would a walker on wheels help him? If so, I would bring one with me. But remember, self assist means you have to carry ALL your own luggage off the ship. Would you be able to manage that???

Debarkation is going to be a zoo. Waiting on a wheelchair from Carnival can be time consuming as well.

Would a walker on wheels help him? If so, I would bring one with me. But remember, self assist means you have to carry ALL your own luggage off the ship. Would you be able to manage that???

My hubby usually walks with 2 canes. His wheelchair is hard to get on and off flights, etc. We are going to try and just use 2 canes. One leg he cannot bend, the other is numb so he really has to take his time. I am not wanting special treatment, I just know he has falled at my daughters basketball game and layed there as people walked over him,(and no one offered to help him up, they just starred) I can just imagine people with luggage in a hurry. I just want him to get a head start off the ship and me and the kids can try to handle the luggage. With a 7 day cruise, I can imagine we will probaly have at least 4 large bags, along with carry ons, kids with backpacks and my purse. Has anyone else have to deal with this?

Also anyone with platinum with rude remarks can keep their comments to themselves. This deals with a disabled man that is dying of a disease he cannot help. Lets be considerate of others here!

Really -- they embark before platinum and VIP

Archived