Sail away time: Inside party or stay outside?

This is a tough choice for our group as we want to see the festivity of the party but have always in the past been topside on a rail as the ship pulls out.

It's at this time that the rush of being on a cruise is at its defining moment...no matter how long you've been on board up until then. When the ship is finally underway...the warm breeze envelopes you....and the reality smacks you right in the face: "man, I'm on a freakin' cruise"....but I digress and have to stop 'cuz it's killing me thinking about it. :p

Anyhow, is the little show that's put on worth it?

Anyhow, is the little show that's put on worth it?

A question I pondered in our roll call group moments ago. I believe on Allure its in the aqua theater, so its outdoors, but it strikes me as a family friendly show, so I think we (50's empty nesters) will be on the top deck waving to the port cam.

A question I pondered in our roll call group moments ago. I believe on Allure its in the aqua theater, so its outdoors, but it strikes me as a family friendly show, so I think we (50's empty nesters) will be on the top deck waving to the port cam.

From the pics I've seen, this sail away show is more indoors than outdoors.

Outside on deck (stake out your spot at the railing early, trust me!) is where you want to be, IMO. You've waited so long... I would never want to be anywhere else, especially inside. It's amazing leaving Fort Lauderdale; the people in the condos wave and honk horns off their balconies, there are people waving to you from the beach, it's fabulous. I suggest the port (left) side. Have fun. :)

Archived