Question About Mariner Transatlantic Next Year

I was just looking on the Royal website, and it says that the Mariner of the Seas is doing a 15 Night Transatlantic cruise departing on May 1, 2012. It says that this is departing from Miami, FL, yet I see no cruise that is getting the Mariner to this port. Is this a mistake on Royal's part, or am I missing something?

I was just looking on the Royal website, and it says that the Mariner of the Seas is doing a 15 Night Transatlantic cruise departing on May 1, 2012. It says that this is departing from Miami, FL, yet I see no cruise that is getting the Mariner to this port. Is this a mistake on Royal's part, or am I missing something?

Shes in drydock in Freeport the week before that so Miami makes the most sense I assume.

It looks like there will be a repo from Galvaston to Miami that isn't in the system yet. Then again it won't be the first time that there were boo boos on the web site.

OK Will, were you looking to book that cruise? We were seriously considering this cruise. Too spooky if you are on that cruise also.

Haha nope, I was just peruzzing. I have no clue how to spell that word. :p I would love to do a transatlantic cruise but I'm in school in November and May, so no can do :(

That would be spooky though!

Found thread through search for Mariner and Drydock. We're booked on it but found afterward about the drydock so I'm searching for info about what is being done. They have both sets of deck plans on the RCI site for before and after and I can't see anything major except that the cabin category colors are changed (and wrong for some).

Last TA we did was prior to drydock in Germany and they were doing prep work already on the cruise - painting and varnishing mostly. I wonder if they will being doing "finish up" work on this TA.

Just incase the drydock goes long I think I will wait awhile to book air if the schedule might get changed.

It won't be a big dry dock I think. She will be arriving back in Galveston on April 22 and (most probably) will leave the same day for Freeport. It takes about 2 days to reach Freeport. So let's say she will have dry foot on the 24th. On May 1 she is leaving from Miami, so that will be all together like 6-7 days in dry dock. Of course they will start stripping off things as soon as the last passenger has disembark on the 22nd, but I just think it's a regular dry dock to especially repaint the hull and check the things that you normally can't do when the ship is in sevice.

We will NEVER book a cruise prior to a dry dock again.

We were on the Voyager doing a TransAtlantic from Galveston to Barcelona a couple years ago and the ENTIRE sports court was off limit because it was stacked high with containers full of material that was going to be used for the dry dock.

My husband loves to play basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, etc on the sport court and was so looking forward to using the sport court on all those sea days. It really ruined the cruise for him.

We will NEVER book a cruise prior to a dry dock again.

We were on the Voyager doing a TransAtlantic from Galveston to Barcelona a couple years ago and the ENTIRE sports court was off limit because it was stacked high with containers full of material that was going to be used for the dry dock.

My husband loves to play basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, etc on the sport court and was so looking forward to using the sport court on all those sea days. It really ruined the cruise for him.

Hmmmm...I hope that's not the case with me. I'm booked on the March 25, 2012, Mariner. Maybe that is too soon to start stacking stuff for the dry dock.

Archived